Favorite work of His and why?

Favorite work of His and why?

The Bible

None. He's a hack and even the cat can acknowledge it. You can tell he's uncomfortable and maybe a little bit ashamed by his side.

N.wood

WHY?

U illiterate, degenerate mongoloid.

Thst cat looks comfy af, get out of here.
They're all shit though, op.

I want you to know that I will henceforth never visit Veeky Forums again because of you cynical twits.

I just read Kafka on the shore. Why do people think he's a hack? Is it because all his books are the same?

sputnik sweetheart

Sorry, i was only joking

kizumonogatari

I had never heard of him until now, so I just got one of his books, and so far have reached the conclusion that I'm illiterate.

I will answer your question, OP, just give me about one year.

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. Only one I read. I liked it because it was a fast and dynamic reading, the mundane setting was comfy af, the interaction of character was interesting enough to keep on the plot and the small stories inside the story were the best part of it. In sum, it was like an anime.

Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World was fun. After Dark is absolute shit. Those are the only two I've read

I've thus far only read Norwegian Wood and I'm finishing Kafka on the Shore soon and it's already my favourite of the two.

I kinda think that characters in Kafka are, by comparison, more well fleshed out because they're more than just a sum of their problems. I feel like it's more rewarding seeing them interact with what Murakami does best; the world around them.

First time poster, just moved into my uni flat and I've gotten back into the mood.

I enjoyed Sputnik Sweetheart.

the one where there's like 2 worlds and shit

Welcome :)

I find it difficult to understand why Norweigan Wood is so well-liked by some. Perhaps I'm a sucker for fun surrealism, but NW was a melodramatic drudge in my experience. It's mentioned more frequently than Kafka on the Shore or Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, which are both much more interesting reads.

Wind-Up Bird is probably my personal favorite because it feels like the most refined iteration of thing he's essentially doing over and over. I found it comforting, which is mainly why I like Murakami; he's the fiction equivalent of comfort food.

How could the same country produce Murakami, Mishima, and anime?

What the hell are they putting in the water?

radiation

Repression