Insane/weird/innovative/difficult books

I'll begin with a few:

btw, they have to be worth reading, of course

Asturias' Mulata.

Pynchon seems like an obvious choice but, y'know, Pynchon.

Also if you fancy delving into a writer's post-modern understanding of his own hallucinations and schizophrenia, then The Exegesis of Philip K Dick is worth a good read. It'll take a while though, it's 1000+ pages of his own scattered notes and journal entries.

F'innegans Wak'e

Christine Brooke-Rose - Out

hey, I haven't heard of that, it seems really interesting. thanks!

by the way, I've read The Crying of Lot 49 and, while I found it to be a little demanding, I really liked it. what would you recommend reading next?

pls elaborate, I have el senor presidente on the to be reads tack.

by Pynch? V or inherent Vice, if you like those go to Mason & Dixon then the rest.

yes. I'll take that order in consideration, thanks once more!

Anything by Robbie-Grillet.

Can you elaborate what's difficult and innovative about Petersburg? I want to pick it up but I don't what the hype around it is based on.

My contribution: The Man Who Sleeps and Life: A Users Manual by Perec

Well the narration of the novel is pretty weird and fragmented, but not that hard to follow, you just need to be focused. Bely has this tendency to rarely show things explicitly but rather through metaphors and symbols, so on some occasions when there's action going on, you'll find yourself reading some paragraphs more than once just to be sure what actually happened. There is a lot of subtext some of which you'll surely miss but this doesn't make the book less enjoyable, there are a lot of descriptions, it's rich with imagery, the dialogues are sometimes disorienting and made entirely out of interpunction or half-finished sentences. All of this makes it a bit psychedelic, but it's wonderful. The characters are really authentic and well-developed, the story is intriguing and Bely has an interesting, dark sense of humor. It's a rich reading experience and I warmly recommend it.

I have never read it but this is a book that Nabokov actually liked.

Hey, Un homme qui dort is one of my favorite movies but the book hasn't been translated in my speaking language :/
As far as Life: A User's Manual goes I've started reading it and it is really good, but I wasn't in a great mood and gave it up after about 200 pages. I wonder if the book is written like that 'till the very end.

Elias Canetti, Die Blendung.

I've heard that one is really tedious but intrigues me. What is it like? A translation has just been released here.