No guys getting cucked is beneficial and totally makes you a good person trust me

>no guys getting cucked is beneficial and totally makes you a good person trust me

That's Ulysses, not Anna Karenina.

To be honest Karenin was pure reddit.
I don't even blame Anna. She wanted that wild Chad dick and she got it and then she died a totally Veeky Forums death.
Yes she paid the price but no woman should have to be shacked to pure reddit.

whom art thou quoting

If you're not a Chad you'll inevitably suffer from the same fate as Karenin.

That's why you read "War and Peace" instead of that mediocrity you posted (everything with Levin is god-tier, though)

Wrong there is a large spectrum between Chad and pure reddit

And all will get betrayed alike.

Only Levin's monologues and maybe the last 10 pages are valuable in that shit book for housewives

Has anyone else always thought that Levin's last name should have been McLevin?

Levin McLevin

Why did it get proclaimed as best book ever by Dostoevsky, Nabokov, and the Time poll then :^)

Dostoevsky was in desperate need of a waifu and he envisioned Anna as the sexy womyn who would finally play his BSDM games with him

Levin is my favourite book character ever. Karenin wasn't a cuck; his position in Russian society with all its stupid customs was what ruined him and his ability to have real, deeper relationships with people and his wife. Anna cheated on him because her marriage was unfulfilling; Alexey didn't do anything because of the controversy and reputation damage.

Pleb.

>Karenin wasn't a cuck
>was actually literally a cuck

What did he mean by this?

Im a pleb because I didn't care for the whole 19th century Santa-Barbara? lmao

>Dostoevsky
Because of the Levin segments
>Nabokov
Because shit taste (shits on Dostoevsky etc)
>Time poll
2/10

The implication wasn't "getting cucked makes you good". I figured it was more like "having some sense of religious/spiritual morality -- even if it's not entirely correct/pure like what Levin and Tolstoy himself would eventually strive for -- is better than just having a humane and base morality."

Not because regular morality is worse, but because it puts too much pressure and blame on the person. The key difference between Karenin and Anna was that Karenin never blamed himself until he was forced to look at things more objectively -- Anna, by comparison, always felt herself an absolute evil, even though there's a chapter (and some other references) to the fact that what she did was exceedingly common.

Because Anna had no real tool to look at things objectively (religion being one such tool), she always carried a fuckton of hatred for herself. That hatred would ruin her relationship with Vronsky, it would make it difficult for her to correctly deal with Karenin, and it would ultimately kill her.

On the other hand, Anna does deserve *some* blame for getting hitched to Karenin in the first place.

She doesn't have the benefit of Oblonsky and his wife -- where it'd be easy to imagine Oblonsky being a decent person during the wooing stage and becoming a restless manwhore over time. Karenin was likely a boring, reddit-tier fuck for all his life and almost definitely not a good match for her.

Fucking jews.

>Anna, by comparison, always felt herself an absolute evil
And still did it. I guess Tolstoy got female infidelity right.

>War and Peace
HAHAHHAHa

I think you are confusing 'getting cucked" with forming a grander strategy that requires tactics which incur sacrifice on the sexual front. All that matters is how far you're willing to go to get what's yours, or take it back.

No because Levin's last name is Levin, retard.