/mu/ here how the do i get into the habit of wanting to read everyday...

/mu/ here how the do i get into the habit of wanting to read everyday. i feel like literature behind reading my school textbook is something im missing out on.

i can listen to hours of long winded music np. but after 15-20mins of reading im already tired.

Why do you want to read?

Or want to want to read?

try to cure your ADD first

Underage b&

the trial

/mu/ worst board

Because /mu/ is full of pretentious teenagers who believe reading makes them look cool and intelligent.

I said why not what.

Miguel Gira is a rapist

Isn't there a pasta for this exact question?

All the more reason he would fit in.

stick to your sjw indie bands

in all seriousness you probably dont have the mental horsepower, just emjoy music while you can

Only you can figure out the reason why you're not motivated to read for a longer period of time.

List your top 5 albums, depending on your answer i will help you.

Kid A
Hospice
MBDTF
ITAOTS
Buyer's Market

Try putting some music on in the background. Nothing with vocals or lyrics just something to drown out the ambient noise in your house.

This is why I left /mu/. Same 200 or so albums 'discussed' (name-dropped, more accurately) over and over every single day with no actual discussion of music. My taste in music expanded and I outgrew the board a couple years after I started browsing it. I stop in every once in a while and I see these Hipster faggots being pretentious and praising the same handful of albums to prove that they are deeper than 'normies' and it's just like when you see people praising 'dadrock' or 'nu-metal' and shitting on pop music. Completely unaware that they are just as bad.

Yo who the hell cares you asked him what his 5 albums were. He told u and u should now help him how to read

>Hospice
worst /mu/core ever

John Green might be the most complex literature someone of your mental capacity could handle

Find a book you actually want to read.

/classical/ is the only saving grace of the board.

Because from his favorite albums we can see that he is merely a poser who cares about seeming intellectual but has no passion for art.

>Hospice
>Buyer's Market

I mean come on. It's not like he's gonna put work into reading. The most he'll do is pretend to read at coffee shops or set up a pretty looking bookshelf.

Just saying if you get tired reading it may bean eye issue. I used to get tired reading then slight headaches, went to the doctor and got some glasses

You are showing off too much pretentiousness too. Maybe he is just young and want to start reading instead of procrastinating. This happens to mostly everyone. You should help him instead of projecting on him what you see in that board.

Here is a pasta,OP.
I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time on Veeky Forums anymore.

Here's how I did it.

-Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

-Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

-Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

-It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

-Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

-Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.

Also stop browsing /mu/ and make your main board just Veeky Forums
Good luck!

Sometimes being harsh is the best thing for these people when it comes to motivation.

First and foremost, change your idea of what a reading session is and how often it can be done.

Like many people, you operate under the odd notion that unless you're reading 60+ pages per day while reading for 2 hours uninterrupted, you must be doing something wrong. That's a cute image, and you might have experienced something like that when you were reading Harry Potter and plowing through the book in long sessions.

But most reading sessions (especially as applied to most books) are not like that. You're going to have starts and stops; it's going to occasionally be boring. Nonetheless, the most important thing you can bring to a book is an enthusiasm to read the book, which means getting rid of all the extraneous bullshit you might associate with reading (comfiness and comfort levels in general, knowing every single word automatically, reading for long sessions, reading quickly, etc.) and just focusing on reading the actual, damn book.

If you read and just read, you'll do well. You might find yourself going back to a book for multiple sessions per day. You might find yourself being actually immersed in the world of your book, rather than being stuck just as a reader.

A lot of what is good advice, but I'd say the biggest thing, again, is changing your opinion of what a good reading session is.

hey I like buyers market but Sotos did better work on Birdseed imo

Just read something, you fucking beti

Can confirm, some people there know a surprising amount of music and history, this coming from a music major

>falling for bait

Probably the best advice you're gonna get OP

My point is that it's very unlikely that they love Hospice AND Buyers Market.

Does Veeky Forums ever have like a literary equivalent of a "plate cleanser"

I feel like I need to read some lighter after reading a dense book in order to truly appreciate the next denser one I read, something like some Sci-fi or someone like Stephen King.

Is this autistic or is there some merit to this?

This lol.
Holy shit guys, he literally listed buyers market. How big of pseuds are you?

There are tons of people on /mu/ who will claim Buyer's Market is their favorite album.

Which is probably bait most of the time. And op's list is too cliche to not be bait.

and the problem is?

I read modern books in-between older text. Older text is just more work for my brain to parse so it's basically a light recovery period.

I'm about to finish a large volume of Jung which, is not hard to read or parse somewhat contrary to what I just said however it fits the niche for being so absolutely dense, and next I'm going to read Marcus Aurelius or Gulag Archipelago to cleanse my palette as being a bit lighter in terms of digestability.

Bill Clinton is a rapist.

hey dude everyone's being mean to you but let me help you out

here's some books you might like based on your taste

harry potter
hunger games
american gods
the hungry caterpiller
the communist manifesto

That, but I always liked a good /jazz/ or /noise/ thread too.

All the Kpop is what turned me away from visiting /mu/ again. They're no better than /a/.

Protip: Find stuff that's consistent in its sound you do don't stop periodically when something jumps an octave or the pitch shifts abruptly.
I use music to drown out my tinnitus when I read, learned pretty quickly that even though it's better it can become a distraction if you don't pick the right stuff.

What's the right stuff?

yeah I do this I usually listen to Brian Eno