What are you thoughts on pic related? I don't read often and a female friend recommended this

What are you thoughts on pic related? I don't read often and a female friend recommended this.

>female friend recommended this

dropped

I barely remember it, since I read it in middleschool, but I remember enough to know that it's not good. The plot hardly made any sense, and the writing is what you'd expect from a YA novel. It's basically a story about Nazi Germany with all the artificial feels that women love to consume.

She reads a lot and seems to have decent taste.

I'm interested in the time period, but don't really care about "feels". She told me I would cry by the end.

If she recommended this book she does not have decent taste.

Well this book gives you nothing in the way of history. It's basically just "Nazi's are bad and this is happening because of them." And you won't cry at the end, I promise you that. Unless supernatural plot twists constructed to produce the most feels are your weakness.

>Reading YA books
>Reading Holocaust lit written by anyone besides Primo Levi
Excited to be starting eighth grade soon, buddy?

She basically made a bet that if I don't cry at the end, she would make me brownies. That's why I agreed to read the damn thing. Well, guess I'm gonna be stuffing my face.

Hey, don't blame me. Blame the shit taste of >women readers.

I didn't like it. I like books, so I thought (and I don't know why): Maybe I'll like this-
I didn't like it.
It starts off with a narration by death? And he's commenting on colors? Which isn't bad, per se, but it's not done well, which made it pretty cringey. Babby's first experimental writing and all that shit. Then I got bored and dropped it.

Who's more of a fool, the fool, or the fool who listens to him?

>He's reading YA that a female friend recommended
>He's only getting brownies out of it
user...
Well, at least it'll only take you a day to read that garbage.

OP here, can you guys recommend me a good book in this time period?

Mein Kampf

A Man's Search for Meaning (Vicktor Frankl maybe, I don't know the spelling) was pretty okay.

Anything that was written with pop culture in mind is/was/will be a pretty shitty read.

I can't believe you're indulging a roastie to get brownie points. ;)

I don't read a lot of fiction and the 20th century isn't really my bag, anyway, but Hannah Arendt's book on the Eichman trial is great.

Common genre fiction desu

:^)

Much obliged.

One of the only good YA books I've read

This book is garbage and your female friends have shit taste for books.

middle school forced me to read this over the summer, its not even primarily about her stealing books its about her father sheltering some Jew. It was pretty meh as I recall. You may enjoy it if your into the Holocaust.

I chose to read it in middle school and cried at the end

Diary of a Man in Despair is top tier

Never mind that it is one of the hundreds of books based on the jews during the wwii era (not even a /pol/tard, that's just how sad its gotten) but the book is simply a rinse and repeat of forced feels. Nevermind the fact that it's a YA novel which are all made simply to make money from dumb women and teenagers.

Don't waste your time OP, just read a summary and tell her it was garbage. It'll be easier and you'll get brownies.

literally highschool core

Life and Fate, if you value the Soviet point of view at all

"or the fool who follows him" sounds better imo