Long Sun

>come to ask, "I know Gene Wolfe is a literal catholic but is he seriously doing this"
>archive search "sun catholic" first
>pic related
I see you've already been there

Genre Woolfe is low tier sci-fi trash.

Is this true? I started shadow of the torturer and it's pretty cool so far

Yes. Dhalgren shits all over Genre Woolfe.

Don't listen to other user Gene Wolfe is one of the best things to ever happen to science-fiction and his Solar Cycle is excellent.

So's the possibility of your offspring

The new sun universe interests me and I've read enough of it now to think that wolfe is a good writer

>your children are low tier sci-fi trash
exactly the type of nonsensical and genuinely stupid insult to be expected from one who would be offended by a slight against such a sub-par author. i pity you.

welp, let the Genre Woolfe wanking thread commence. don't let me stop your extended conversations on Severian, the executioner with the word "sever" (jfc) in his name, i'm sure you'll be taken veeeery seriously one of these days.

I don't understand, is this not a Gene Wolfe thread

I've seen Severian's name having 'sever' in it used as a criticism one other time on Veeky Forums and I get the feeling that it was you. I don't see how it's a problem. Are you the Malazan guy?

>uhhh your insult is bad
You been learning your wit from them rappers, son?

no. it's a recurring criticism because it's fucking stupid, my man.

not expending my prodigious wits on a Genre Woolfe thread with a summerfag. my apologies. your insult was very bad, to reiterate. i mean, for fuck sake.

I want to know your non-meme criticisms of wolfe

So are the chances of you reproducing

I'm pretty sure you're the Malazan guy.

>Malazan
Fans of tabletop fiction couldn't have the gall to criticize Wolfe.

There are five St. Severians... all the humans in New Sun are named after saints.

nah it was a pretty clever insult, like the idea of you having kids is so improbable and unbelievable that it wouldn't even fit into good science fiction, but could only happen in shitty science fiction

>sever
is Severian atomized?

you mean a thomist?

what about Master Ash
is not named after pokemans?

At least a few Malazan-shitters think they're the smartest guys in the world. Pretty sure the author thinks he's hot shit too.

>>come to ask, "I know Gene Wolfe is a literal catholic but is he seriously doing this"

1) Seriously doing what?
2) Is the import of the picture that Wolfe is (i) smashing Christianity, or (ii) pounding Christian themes into the book? Or something else? Or nothing?

Not OP, but the image is Wolfe pounding Christianity into the book. It was made after an user in /sffg/ said that reading Book of the Long Sun felt like having Wolfe use a sledgehammer to pound a crucifix into him.

k, thanks. Very interesting.

I'd like to give that a spin. Hopefully by the end of summer.

> dude, giving biker's blowjobs lmao!

Was it really necessary for him to include that?

fsdfsdf