God almighty this is shit

god almighty this is shit

only really liberals like him, whereas real conservative men prefer dante and hitler

Explain. Someone on the Right Wing Death Squat recommended it to me, I haven't read it.

That's because you're not reading it for what it is, and instead rate it besides other books which are better. It's a nifty little book and the most succinct summary of postmodern themes I've ever come across (even if it's shallow as a result), besides maybe CoL49

I quite liked it. Felt a little rushed though, and it doesn't hit as hard as a result. And it didn't seem that bad in Dresden (except for how they treated their horses). I also like how injured Billy seemed.

stop being such a contrarian, slaughter house five is great
>tfw you realize that you cant spell slaughter without laughter, and the book is about using zaniness to deal with horror

What so bad about the novel? Everyone here makes fun of it but no one says why it sucks.

"Normies" like it, so you can't represent intelligence for saying you like it, nor can you squirm out of a book conversation by name-dropping it; you'll actually have to talk about it.

It's a great book.

Sirens of Titan was his most underrated book by far. Though I quite liked SH5.

So it goes

You have no soul

that sounds so reddit my man

if you're ever in cody wyoming just ask for wild bob

Can't a man just speak without being called a pseud or a leddit user anymore? Just call him a faggot. You people are relentless.

Nope. You're only allowed to like Pynchon here.

You're just mad because based Vonnegut finally points out that the German soldiers weren't complete monsters, just kinda dicks.

it's got something of a silly/whimsical style so people who consider themselves 'mature' don't like it

It's basically a poop joke as far as literature is concerned. It pokes fun at a not-so-fun subject matter. It also epitomizes post-modernism to a T.

But Pynchon clearly loves Vonnegut ever since Piano Player.

"I'm converting to Bokonism" - Ruggles

this

That's because Veeky Forums is full of angsty teenagers and vonnegut is a writer who has seen edgy shit, writes about edgy shit, and chooses to counter both via unfeigned humor.

I read a bit of the synopsis and it sounded like a clusterfuck of nonsense information that didn't really have anything to do with anything.

if this is your reaction to reading a synopsis of a KV book, I think it would be better for you to pick something like The Giving Tree as your first book.

Either is just as suitable for toilet paper, I'm sure.

You are sure because you have difficulty reading.

Then again The Giving Tree probably has waxy paper since it's a kids book so it'd just smear shit without cleaning it.

I really liked it. Bluebeard, Mother Night, and Sirens are also great

What a valuable opinion

We already had Catch-22 for that. This book is pure shit.

This. You are aware youre all posting on Veeky Forums right? The pseudo board?

>t. edgy underager
It's not the greatest and it's not the worst. Learn not to get so emotional about every little thing.

Catch-22 is comedy with horror mixed in, Slaughterhouse 5 is horror with comedy mixed in