How do I into nihilism?

How do I into nihilism?

The idea interests me, and I've read a few shitty articles and books, but I'd like to dive deeper into the intricacies.

>diving deeper into the intricacies of meaninglessness

really joggin my noggin

nothing means anything and everywhere eventually goes no where. nothing has any value, point or purpose. the ultimate gold standard for anything you see or interact with is nothing. that is as far and as intricate as nihilism goes

It's babby's first philosophy and is idiotic once you get into actual rigorous philosophy

Just skip it and save yourself from "that phase"

First you have to get a grasp on ontology in general.

It's not a mindset I would recommend. I don't see a way out either but maybe that's ok

Just because it's popular with teens doesn't make it not true.
If you read the Ecclesiastes, nihilism clearly has some truth to it otherwise God wouldn't have put it in there.

Laughing at Nothing- A Response To Nihilism has a nice and understandable summary on the German, Russian and American movements before delving into the response part.

you sound pretentious mate.

All of these people confuse Nihilism for relativism and pessimism. Ontological negation has a history at least as old as the Upanishads; for something more Western check out Heidegger's Being and Time or Sartre's Transcendence of the Ego.

I'm trying to prevent pretension.

The word is "pretense"

How is that?

This is wateru

holy.... more...

Watch rick and morty
warning: if your a brainlet u wont get it

This must be a joke. It is just a cartoon with some depth, if any one things Rick and Morty is deep then there's a good chance they are 'brainlets'.

you don't "get in" to nihilism because it's the contemporary base-line of thinking; "God is dead". Most people either grow disillusioned with religion very early on or start off thinking life has no meaning, and it's up to them to find one. Most who don't fall into a sort of nihilistic hedonism without ever being conscious of it because they never really sought meaning in the first place.

I'm only a continuing undergrad in philosophy who literally has not touched the analytic tradition and even I know that nihilism is like solipsism; It is mistaken by ignoramuses to be some actual philosophical position when in reality both are a philosophical problem that ethical or epistemological/ontological systems, respectively, set out to solve before continuing. Nihilism is what you get when your philosophical system fails.

She isn't pretentious. She simply isn't beating around the bush.

If you don't understand that Rick and Morty is literally carrying the torch for a generation of inquisitive young men and women toward a future of honest philosophical investigation, you are beyond help, professional or otherwise.

Your just seeing what you want to see. The creators wanted to make something 'deep'. Which you probably interpret as a big philosophical quest to aid the youth. If you really knew anything about the subjects yiu would realize its just entertaiment. I guess you are the lost one finding hope in cartoons and surface ideas/morals/philosophy.

>beating around the bush
Somehow I wouldn't consider a person interested in learning about nihilism to be beating around the bush.

Cosmic Trigger

You appear to be under the incorrect `pretense '
Fuckin idiot

>nihilism
>intricacies

By all means dive deep in. After a while though, you may read the beginning of Hegel's phenomenology and get done with your sillyness.

From the preface:
"On the other hand, in speculative [begreifenden] thinking, as we have already shown, the negative belongs to the content itself, and is the positive both as the immanent movement of the content itself, and as the whole of this process. Looked at as a result, what emerges from this process is the determinate [bestimmte] negation, which is consequently a positive content as well."

From the introduction, btfo'ing the nihilists:
"For it is only when taken as the result from that from which it emerges, that it is, in fact, the true result: in that case it is itself a determinate nothingness, one which has a content. The skepticism that ends up with the bare abstraction of nothingness or emptiness can not get any further from there, but must wait to see whether something new comes along and what it is, in order to throw it too into the same empty abyss. But when, on the other hand, it is conceived as it is in truth, namely as a determinate negation, a new form has thereby immediately arisen, and in the negation the transition is made through which the progress through the complete series of forms comes about by itself."

jaja killo la duquesa de alba illo en cuatrochan jaaj

prep the bull

Hi, It's OP.
Perhaps a little more explanation is in order; I've been growing more and more disillusioned with Christianity, and a quick Google search of my feelings described them as nihilist.
Can someone give me a "baby's first philosophy" to look more into, if nihilism has been thoroughly debunked?