I am depressed. nothing makes me happy or interested...

i am depressed. nothing makes me happy or interested. i can't imagine majoring in something or having a career doing anything. are there any books that could potentially remind me there are exciting new things to live for or show me interesting things i could learn about or explore. everything just feels boring and like there is nothing to it. i am desperate so i am posting my best picture too

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/WORTHINGTON-CYLINDER-CORP-347138-Disposable/dp/B000RHMWBQ
amazon.com/Salter-Sa8110-Elongated-Tubing-Elastic/dp/B00Q0S5U2E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501906109&sr=8-1&keywords=mask for oxygen
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go back to /r9k/, you fucking loser

sage and report

If you are white you should try to explore the racial consciousness that has been suppressed within you through schooling and media and socially outlawed or disincentivized. That will give you more meaning than anything else ever could.

Try the short story by Melville called Bartleby, the Scrivener.

Do you want a slice of life book? I may dig my things and try find books that may cheer you up.
Tho some of them I found cheering up turn out to be a bit boring to you (like my philosophy books)

damn that is unreasonably harsh. books are often revival for great authors. Dostoevsky was inspired by the bible as it was all he often read when bed-ridden. a book that inspires or gives drive is nto a stupid question
fuck are you talking about i don't want to live my life like some stupid alt-right meme guy is it cause the image i just thought it was funny looking

i have. it just seems like a story about a man who lost all inspiration and that is very sad. it doesn't seem to help in giving inspiration

>fuck are you talking about i don't want to live my life like some stupid alt-right meme guy is it cause the image i just thought it was funny looking

>combines four sentences without punctuation.

So you're retarded, never mind then. You have every reason to be ashamed of being white.

lol
Read The Stranger

the stranger is just a bummer thou

Why call me a nigger? I'm your friend.

not you it is the seal to the bird. the seal is mad at the bird. i usually assume it is because the seal is very sleepy looking and not moving, so the bird hoping in front of it is an annoyance. like the seal lives in a quiet world so a loud bird getting in it's face is very perturbing. also the bird has sand all over his beak and the sand near by is out of order so the bird is obviously playing in it which upsets the seal. also a black bird is often associated with black people (usually crows thou this appears to be a common grackle). that is why it is my favorite picture. it isn't an insult to you.

Why are you depressed? Fix the underlying problem. See a psychiatrist.

psychiatrist gave me ssri's. they just make me sadder and my dick don't work no more. still no inspiration.

>racial consciousness

I'm pretty depressed but I'm generally okay. Buying into racist memes propagated by castrating forces of violent authority is a surefire way to multiply your neuroses. Getting out of rightist bullshit is what helped me to mitigate my anxiety. I'd suggest not ruminating on your depression and working to simplify your life in whatever way you can at the moment.

>That will give you more meaning than anything else ever could.

Yeah not religion, contemplation of the mystical, cultivation of a hopeful and compassionate attitude - Phrenology and not meeting a single black person should get you through this hard time.

you aren't me

Best advice I can give is - well I guess first to see an actual psychoanalyst. Tell your current therapist your problem with the medication he/she prescribed. Ssri's are doled out like tic tacs. There are other neurotransmitter-reuptake-inhibitors that can mitigate your symptoms in order for you to investigate your symptoms without worsening them.

I try to be hopeful without rationalization. Worst case scenario, I'm fooling myself. Best case scenario, I'm developing habits of working toward joyful and optimistic goals. Wallowing in rumination can only lead to one scenario of stagnation or decline. Submitting yourself to a single idea as justification for your life is worse than hovering in anguished suspense.

As for book recommendations. Study Sartre's ontology described in "Being and Nothingness" then read Beauvoir's "Ethics of Ambiguity". Latching yourself onto anything to settle your angst will simply lock you further into an attitude of bad faith. You won't find justification for a joyful attitude. You must simply exercise your freedom to be joyful.

Yeah I'm not OP. I just posted some more stuff that genuinely seemed to help me.

It hurts man, I forgive you though. Please stop saying it brother.

It doesn't get better. I'm sorry.

just do tons of drugs and if maybe ull get lucky and od and die, or u could try starting a business you'll be too fucking busy trying to not go bankrupt and avoid financial ruin to have any cares in the world

Cosmic Trigger, user. COSMIC TRIGGER.

amazon.com/WORTHINGTON-CYLINDER-CORP-347138-Disposable/dp/B000RHMWBQ

amazon.com/Salter-Sa8110-Elongated-Tubing-Elastic/dp/B00Q0S5U2E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501906109&sr=8-1&keywords=mask for oxygen

i am a recovering alcoholic that was even worse
already have these things available
that's what i tell myself everyday

>castrating forces of violent authority

This is how deracinated whites have become, where a biological reality is seen as a 'castrating force if violent authority.'

And you wonder why you're depressed, kiddo?

You've been told your whole short life that embracing and being proud of the most fundamental aspect of your nature is wrong. Of course you are depressed. You're wading through life as an atomized individual who is afraid to connect to your own group because you've been conditioned to think you'll suffer social consequences for doing so.

Expect nothing to get better until you understand the reality of which I speak.

i accept i am white but how is it the fundamental element of my being. i do lots of other things than be white

I'm glad you accept that, but if you need to understand that everything else extends from that biological reality and that it is unique and dependent on a heritage that you do not yet understand because you've been intentionally removed from it by the outsiders in charge of your society's institutions.

it's true, the same way the spaniards tricked the incas into giving up their empire, is being done to european people today

stoic books such as meditations are what you are looking for

stoicism is gay, it's like "you're going to die so nothing matters but don't have fun anyways" possibly most incoherent ideology

Life in itself is incoherent.
Stoicism is not about "having fun anyway", it is about a healthy attitude towards life, in which you make it clear to yourself that a human can handle any hardship if he decides to stop being a little bitch. It does not promise a happy life, but it correctly implies that the only way to live life without regretts is to do the next best thing you could do, no matter what happens, without resorting to animalistic chimp-outs. Every second spent dwelling on your gay little feelings is a lost second.