What are some novels that deal with paranoia or have paranoid main characters?

What are some novels that deal with paranoia or have paranoid main characters?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/list/show/13246.Paranoia_in_Fiction
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lolita

Anything by Tommy P

My Diary desu

Atrocity Exhibition kinda.

OH OH OH A Scanner Darkly that's the one I was thinking of. Literally googled "fiction about paranoia" to come up with that though.

goodreads.com/list/show/13246.Paranoia_in_Fiction

The Tell-Tale Heart

Does drug induced paranoia count? If so far and loathing in Las Vegas is pretty good

Ripley Bogle

Hunger by Knut Hamsun

This Book is Full of Spiders
book starts off with the main character shooting a pizza boy with a crossbow

The Harder They Come by T.C Boyle

no it starts with pissing off a water tower but it's basically 3 sentences apart so whatever

Main kampf

house of leaves

it doesn't only deal with paranoia, the book is written in such a way that you'll feel paranoid about the world around you.

Anything by pinecone as someone else said.
Foucault's pendulum
The illuminatus trilogy
Crime and Punishment
Arguably Catch-22

I've been toying with the idea of creating a conspiracy-theory-core chart lately. I was having difficulty coming up with enough books featuring conspiracies that are also literary; I didn't want to make a chart of Dan Brown novels.
After seeing this thread I've decided to change it to paranoia. Let me know what you guys think. I'm not sure about some of these. As I more or less just merged my conspiracy books with some suggestions I've seen ITT, some of these might not be appropriate. Libra, for example, worked fine for conspiracy-core, but I'm not so sure if it works for paranoia. Also, the title character of Portnoy's Complaint is neurotic, but is he paranoid?
I'd like to have at least one more pre-20th century novel, so post your suggestions.

/thread

all the copies of mein kampf are gutted or censored by the ADL with complimentary interjections mid-read about why what you just read was racist

so you may not be correct

Good list, but I don't think Portnoy's Complaint is what you're looking for. Knut Hamsun's Hunger kind of fits the bill. Crime and Punishment is just the gold standard for this vibe, I'm not sure what else could be added or improved about it. And there don't seem to be many pre-20th century books about the topic, maybe because you need the massification of urban life that occurred in the mid-to-late 19th century for paranoia to become a thing. You can start to feel it coming on in, for example, Nietzsche, when he says that in the future, those who distrust their neighbors will go voluntarily into a madhouse.

Thanks for the help, I looked into that book and it's absolutely what I'm looking for. Oh, and I also want to read it, for whatever that's worth.
For the most part I agree that Portnoy's Complaint is a bit incongruous with the other books in the list, but maybe that's what makes it worth including? There's like this neurotic and sexual aspect of Portnoy's paranoia that isn't present in any of the other books in the list.
Any 20th century suggestions that aren't in the list already?