What do you think of "The Satanic Bible" by Anton LaVey?

What do you think of "The Satanic Bible" by Anton LaVey?

Luciferianism is much more interesting than Satanism IMO, especially with the magical elements in LaVeyan Satanism.

fanfic for LARPers

>LaVey
More like OyVey. Fucking kikes, man.

it's just objectivism + /r/atheism

Ripped off of might is right too much

Decent book really tbqh

Read it as a kid. Better advice than the bible, and more to the point and not obfuscated. Common sense still overrules.

Its surprisingly good, but dressed up in edgy aesthetics. More proof we need a new 21st century secular faith to fill the void that Islam is trying to strongarm its way into.

The Bible is not an advice book.

There are books a lot more edgier and a lot less cringier out there. Read it if you like the occult since it will be referenced from time to time. Otherwise skip this shit.

Secular Taoism/Buddhism is great in my opinion. Tao roughly means "the way of the universe" and is mainly about maximising your potential and living a fulfilling life. It can be interpreted in a scientific manner without resorting to gods and devils. No strict rules to live by, just take some time every day to step back and contemplate things in a stress-free environment. No threats or fear factor, no carrot dangling in front of you, just peace and mindfulness. A few minutes a day to rest our eyes and minds must be good for us, since most of us are always actively doing something at any moment- working, reading, staring at screens/monitors etc.

Is that all the Tao and Buddhism gives you--standing in a quiet room thinking about how your day went?

Suprisingly enough current treatments for many mental health issues take their cues from bhuddist and taoist meditation.

Hell the big thing in therapy now is DIALECTICAL behavior therapy.

Plus if you havent noticed that since the 80's psychologists, psychiatrists and therapists are replacing old school spiritual leaders.
You just need to look at the prevalence of victim culture and you see that i am right.
Also everyone is on a psycho active substance wether they like it or not.

I see it more as a routine way to de-stress. It motivates me to keep a positive outlook and consider the impact of my actions. There are books to read with life lessons etc that you can follow, and of course you can go further into the religious branch of them, but it isn't necessary. I still class myself as atheist, but it honestly helps me a lot. I've had more energy and self control after integrating it into my routine, since I'm not 100% living moment to moment and making bad decisions impulsively. You don't need to sit in a zen garden and say "om" for three hours a day- I just set 15 minutes or so aside and make sure that I'm not actively doing anything in that time (no screens, no music/tv in the background etc). Just a little time to switch off and relax.

>Tao roughly means "the way of the universe" and is mainly about maximising your potential and living a fulfilling life.

Tao is elitist esotericism, it's not just mere self help for a "better life"

It's dumb. I Read it in high school (which for me was almost a decade ago) so I don't really remember it.

It's basically Nietzsche with some dabbing into the occult.

Worth reading since it's a popular book

Even more worth it if you are starting your journey in the LHP or the CoS

I think it's interesting, some stuff reming me materialist philosophy, but I juste read a few things in the library of a friend.

Softcore for edgy goths

>it's a white westerner projects western liberal atheism onto an eastern religion episode

You posting from your colony in Australia?

>muh cultural appropriation

Consider suicide

He didn't say anything about cultural appropriation, stop projecting. Or does the word "white" trigger you so much that you go into anti-SJW defense mode without finishing the sentence?

kys jjokbari

>too retarded to understand implications

Consider suicide

Then ministers should really stop hocking it as one.

>spout non sequitur bullshit
>muh implications

/thread

its very tr00 kvlt blackmetalzz

Why do you have Asian products?

>still stuck in the same mentality he had as a kid
lol, brainlet

Because I'm a ching-chong-chinaman, obviously.

Suck my yellow finger.

Lol

Nobody does, that's just your juvenile interpretation of what it is.

But I like Korea. I can speak Korean semi-fluently. I don't mean any harm, why are you acting like this towards me? I don't mean any disrespect.

haha

There's a difference between taking an idea from another culture and taking a name for an idea from another culture and applying it to an idea from your own culture to make yourself feel better for rejecting another idea most people in your culture accept.

A professor at my uni pretty much equates Chan/Zen buddhism with practical phenomenology.
Call it that, if "buddhism" offends your skeptical sensibilities too much.