Anyone else listen to music while they read?

Anyone else listen to music while they read?

Pic related

Anyone who wants either concentrate in only one of the two activities and ignore the other or split the attention into not completely focusing on either one of them.

>He listens to music while he reads.

Yeah well it's mostly because i have tinitus, so i use ambient to drown it out.

I'm in the same boat, user. Eno is good, also William basinski, stars of the lid, Tim hecker. I usually go with one of those,since I don't really pay any attention to it. Either that or just white noise

music for airports is a favourite of mine, i also like listening to coldplay because it's soft and boring enough to not be distracting. i think that kind of chill basic rock music is good for reading. A lot of my reading is soundtracked by my housemates playing cod though

I'm kind of autistic in the way that I can't read unless everything else is dead silent.

That is unless of course I actually enjoy what I'm reading, which seems to become a rarer and rarer thing nowadays sadly.

I think I will not be too wrong when I say that most of us do.
If asked what music though, its not easy to answer because the variety and diversity of the mp3 files on my phones and computers are stark. Usually if I plan to focus its either baroque/classical/soft jazz or one of those chill read/relax/sexy music playlists on youtube. (even though some of them are not that good to say the least).

i open fl studio and improvise minimalism ambient music at the 432 hz frequency while reading so it dynamically conforms to the text in a subtly appropriate way, allowing me to astral project into other worlds further immersing me

epic shit bro

captcha: select images with guitar

yeah i guess you could say i become the book in all of its infinite wisdom, but then i get thirsty and break the om to refuel on yum-yum reading juice if you will (sprite)

so dab. upload dat shit to soundcloud?

what do you read mostly?

right now i'm reading tales of soldiers and civilians by ambrose bierce edited by donald blume

never heard of that. i read classics mostly. good luck man. ps cubase>flstudio

Cubase is straight garbage fl shits on cubase. Fl shits on most daws. I dont see any reason to not use either fl or abelton (or shit ill throw studio one in there) if you're sequencing midi. If you're tracking instruments however... protools is the only answer. Cubase exists soley for the people who use it and those it tricks into using it.

pro tools is like $600 and needs its own interface. i play guitars/bass so cubase is the best option for me. fl is fun but for most things except creating beats its shit. for sequencing midi cubase is pretty much your best option imo. but to each his own i suppose.

I use audio books so no.

I try not to because it distracts me from what I'm reading

Used to sometimes, but not anymore. Also, Eno is my favorite artist and Apollo is his best album. I say this is someone with 500+ GB music and 4k+ artists, so props.

words are music to my brain

I cannot. I have a male brain with only one channel.
However, i listen to music when i draw.