What is your thoughts on Borges?

What is your thoughts on Borges?

Reading Ficciones now, really loving it

Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius is my favorite (secular/non-scriptural) thing ever written.

Used to think his name was Bor-hez but it seems to sound more like Burgers

god-tier writer. Just beneath the greats like Shakespeare, Cervantes, and Milton. Probably on the level of Joyce, except for the fact that he didn't write that much. He also seems like a really sweet guy, too

i immensely respect him but wish i had read him at fifteen instead of poe. now it's a little late. i look forward to reading him in the afternoon of my life, when i begin to slide back into childhood.

>Burgers
It's more like burgess

I've read Ficciones, El Aleph and the Book of Sand, he's a god-tier writer. I plan on tackling The Universal History of Infamy next, but don't know what of his to read after that.

He's great. His collection of literary critique essays is really good.

I love the guy. His lectures are wonderful too, you can find them on YouTube.

Has anyone got any critique of him, though? I haven't read him in the original Spanish so I don't feel I can judge his prose styling, though I think the way he writes is maybe the least interesting thing about him.

>the way he writes is maybe the least interesting thing about him.
This is also true if you read him in Spanish

(I'm not spanish) I think his prose gets no praise because he's not flashy, but it is very well pondered

Liked him when I was an edgy college student, then found him pretentious, until I discovered he was chums with pic related. Now I've a lot more respect for him than before.

>[...] except for the fact that he didn't write that much [fiction].
He probably wrote more than everyone else you listed.

I often think fondly of him.

so you do some fondling while thinking of him huh

>Deutsches Requiem
beautiful

I read his Wikiquote page and he seems to be amazing

it's borhes
>inb4 it's a joke hurr durr

Probably my favourite writer

This is the first time I have ever seen someone mention that short story, much less regard it as a favorite. I think it's his best one, if I'm being honest.

I don't get it

hardcore when?

I find that he translated well into other languages (have read him in Spanish, English and French), there's nothing interesting to say about this subject as translations give a somewhat faithful idea of his style.

it's about sacrifice for a greater purpose, in a beautiful, pottery way

I personally like how laconic and solid it is. It makes the abstraction of his concepts seem somewhat grounded. I feel like if he was all frilly and fantastical with his prose he would seem far more pretentious. This along with all of his obscure references makes his writing seem more like dictionary entries than short prose, which suits him.

she looked like a potato in the thumbnail

never have I been so wrong

when nofap?

who is this thick dick?

I wish

>was an edgy college student
>was
Did you drop out and now you're an edgy dropout, or did you graduate and now you're an edgy graduate? My point is you're still edgy, ok?!

Source?

Great but overrated, he is more human than what people give him credit for.

The master. He writes incredibly beautifully and does more in single pages than other authors do in entire novels. An unbelievable control of scale and the zooming in/zooming out of the lens. Borges in his power is as good as literature gets.

>Great but overrated
don't be so fuckin' bland

witty