How do I get into a good university?

How do I get into a good university?

How necessary is attending a prestigious college?

Other urls found in this thread:

theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-myth-of-american-meritocracy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get good grades. Literally nothing else matters.

If you're studying something difficult and worthwhile, totally unnecessary. No one asks where your math or physics degree came from. Psychology or econ? Different story.

If you're studying bullshit or trying to have a career where credentials matter more than talent, its very very important.

Oh also if you go to a good school, your average classmate will be more intelligent and well read, and fellow alumni will be more successful. The differences in network between e.g. and Ivy and a no name state school are so profoundly massive as to not be worth detailing here.

THIS

I want to go to Princeton for German but I'm 28 with a 2.5 GPA and haven't gotten my undergrad yet and have tons of Fs on me transcript from when I was an alcoholic and am planning on undergradding in EE.
My German professor got her PhD from Princeton though and she says she'd let me into the Masters program for German at our school.
Chance I could jump to Princeton after that?

>no one asks where your math or physics degree came from

Maybe if you just plan on teaching high school maths or physics. What the fuck are you talking about m8

>How necessary is attending a prestigious college?
you cant criticize them unless you went to one, so if you want to be 'above it all' you better set to work

also fuck off, underage

Pretend to be native American. It's not like they're going to make you take a blood test.

It doesn't matter anymore, and the elite universities white men built are now in the tribal grips of jews who use them to actively exclude us, though they are quickly sinking them into the ground since jews can't run anything. Harvard is 25% jewish and subject to extreme nepotistic jewish behavior that was outlined well in the article discussed below.

theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-myth-of-american-meritocracy/

You'll save money and get a better experience out of attending your state university, but you should reconsider college all together at this point.

I went to a community college a few years back, but dropped out because of drugs and alcohol. I haven't gone back. Is there any reason to do so?

You literally just took Peterson's hang-up and replaced "post-modern neo-marxists" with "jews" lol.

Also you're crazy if you think a Harvard degree doesn't still carry crazy cache with normies.
They have to do a lot more sinking before they tarnish Harvard's meme.

wtf

Nothing I said implied the second part. And i don't know or care about the Peterson guy, but what do you think "postmodernism" and "neo-Marxism" are synonyms for? The problem is ethnic, jewish, and many things, Marxism included, extend out from that.

>jews actively exclude us from our universities
They do accept less on average because of all the other races now applying, but we still get our spots if we work hard enough. I'm just glad that I'm applying for a university which has a dominant white population. And for a degree that is almost 100% white.

We get some spots, but they are below representation and it's near impossible to get into a jewish university like Harvard unless you're a legacy admittance. Had a family member that got a perfect 180 on the LSAT and was still wait listed by the law school Elena Kagan used to hire a 100% jewish staff under her tenure there. This is semitic corruption we need to stop, that's the point.

Regardless, I agree and wish you the best, we need our people on the inside if we're going to take our institutions back so I encourage young white men to do their best and rise as high as they can.

Do you actually think that Harvard admittance statistics should reflect population percentages?
You do realize that the majority of white people are unironically retarded?

>No one asks where your math or physics degree came from.

Did I say they should? I said whites are extremely underrepresented. And what enlightened, non-retarded race do you happen to come from?

>the vast majority of white people are unironically retarded
If you want to go to that logic just look at every other race, but specifically blacks. A larger majority of blacks are retarded than whites.

I might do this. Any chance I'll get caught?

Oxford student here.I'm reposting this advice from the other thread. Best and cheapest way is this:
-get a bachelor degree from a respectable top-100 university
-excel in your field, get amazing grades (I graduated summa cum laude) get good references and conduct innovative research in your field
-write amazing essays
-get a TOEFL score of 110 (if English isn't your mother-tongue)
-supply 3 credible and praising academic or professional references
-write an amazing motivation letter combined with a good research proposal
-present a picture of a levelheaded, well-rounded and goal-oriented student with a specific reason to study at Oxford (note: give the impression of having a specific reason, not a desire)

It's the best and cheapest way because a master's programme is shorter than a bachelor's programme (1 to 2 years), and you have more scholarship opportunities.

Cheat code for getting into grad school: have your languages down pat in undergrad

have 2-3 languages outside your primary language, prove you can use them in your sample essay, and you will look real good

There's nothing they can do about it. If she can be a native anybody can. As far as I'm concerned white people have a duty to exploit these laws that are meant to disadvantage us.

Do your hw and study as if you were already in college. This puts you in the top 5% of your class already.

Wake up forty minutes earlier each morning and work on SAT problems. You can master the test

Join one club and do something meaningful with your time spent there

Volunteer a few hours per month

Maintain a lit lifestyle so you can crush your essays

Play at least one sport and be in the school band. More than one sport is asking for burnout, you need that extra time.

This will get you accepted by the majority of schools that don't have surreal levels of selectivity

This guy has the best advice. If colleges see that you're motivated and put in the effort required to achieve something beyond the norm, any school will let you in.

I did none of this except for volunteering a little bit and I got a full ride scholarship to one of the top schools in the US.

Also like someone else in the thread said if you're white tell them your also native american. I had great grades and test scores, but I think that put me above.

Is it at all possible to do this later in life? It's just upsetting to believe that a certain quality of education will forever be unavailable to me.

I'm holding an offer from Oxford University (the other Oxonian in this thread seems to be postgrad, and you may not be).

>How do I get into a good university?
I'm unsure how the Oxbridge system compares to prestigious US universities, but you have to have more than good grades. You have to excel at the interviews you go to and at any extra tests you do. I know a guy who is exceptionally smart but he got rejected from a few universities (including Oxford) because he came across as majorly awkward and cold in the interviews. If you're doing a lit/arts/humanities degree you're going to have to be good at thinking creatively and outside of the box.

>How necessary is attending a prestigious college?
Necessary for what? No it's not necessary, but it's beneficial.

wrong

Be not me like: stupid fuck who couldn't pass the required tests.

Don't go to UNI, the bloody neo-marxist have control over them.

Universities are a waste of time. Unless you want to pay a fortune to sit through four years of commie Jew professors telling you how evil whites, men, Christians, heterosexuals, truth, beauty, Western Civilization, etc are and being forced to self flaggenate in essays and on tests and being expelled if you utter a single word of disagreement, go to trade school. Fuck I wish I had all that time and all that money back. Fuck them for what they have done to our schools.

By actually attending a university you are in a minority of people. Furthermore attending a prestigious one. If you are asking how to attend a prestigious university I'm afraid the privilege may of forgone you

Also ask yourself if you should actually be doing this or wether you are pursuing it solely for vanity

yeh this..

>If you are asking how to attend a prestigious university I'm afraid the privilege may of forgone you
While this is probably true, is there still a chance it's possible if I were to dedicate every moment of free time and every available resource I have for the rest of my life?

Or should I just have a kid, train it from the moment it's born, and live vicariously through it?

Would a prestigious university provide a man like you with much more compared to a regular university?

I feel as if the effort would be more beneficial in other areas

Dont beat yourself up if the statements ring true. I don't have any tertiary education and I'm doing fine

It's something I've been obsessed with since I was a child. It's also the only way to get over the insecurities I have about my intelligence.

I don't know if having my spawn attend one will be enough to vindicate me, but at this point I'm willing to settle for it.

>give the impression of having a specific reason, not a desire
I know that this post is 7 hours old but could someone elaborate on that?
What would be an example of a good reason?

undergrad is for fundamentals
going there now wouldnt help you, but having been a student would have given you a better foundation for your intellectual pursuits.

>It's also the only way to get over the insecurities I have about my intelligence.
I go to an ivy and the vast majority of people here are retarded strivers.

going to an elite uni only confirms that you're not bottom-of-the-barrel retarded. if you take it to mean anything more than that you're probably a mental midget and also a smug neoliberal.

I attended Oxford, read English, and graduated with the highest First in my year. I can walk into any job I want. I currently teach private school and command a salary of £52k.

>can walk into any job i want
>only earning 52k

Teaching was the job I wanted. I'm currently enjoying an eight week holiday.

how on earth does Oxford choose which student gets the highest first for a subject like English?

I'm the original poster. If you propose a specific research project, and explain why you think University X is the best institution for you to accomplish this project, universities will be a lot more open to accept you instead of giving reasons related to you just wanting to study at an Ivy/Oxbridge for prestige. They receive more than rnough applications of students who just apply because they want a degree from this institution, not because of the activities or quality of the universities themselves

Having a good academic transcript is practically the baseline for any prestigious university. Do you honestly think you could get matriculated into a worthwhile university with only a perfect GPA?

Extracurriculars are the reason why no university has a perfect incoming freshman GPA average. The slimy fuckers in the admissions departments will nitpick absolutely everything about you.

Good thing you're better than those people, probably with the Ray Ban sunglasses and always has the best weed?

>good grades
they dont matter at all. i was a pretty mediocre student considering the grades i got, but all the things that i learned were far more important to me

My retarded friend has a Cambridge offer RN and he put some work in but he is not significantly smarter than any of us. He just got good grades and worked that little hit harder. He would procrastinate revision with us to play smash and would watch dumb meme videos in lessons just like us too. He's not particularly socially apt either, not compared to me. I have to stick up for him all the time because he doesn't know how to speak to people professionally and I conscious about it, for example telling someone they got his order wrong.

So I think getting good grades and just not being autistic in your interview can get you into top universities.

>be me
>Med graduate from average UK school
>work in private sector
Barely 180k £, and they say the Uni you graduate from matters.

go to a high school that's known for being hard or prestigious

get top tier grades

take as many ap courses as you can and get 4 or 5s on all of the tests

get close to perfect sat/act scores

be in 2-3 clubs long term and become the captain of them

enter some regional or national competitions and win some of them

be a good writer so you can write good entrance essays

don't be a dweeb who can't handle interviews without coming across as weird. unless you come across as smart-weird, then it's okay

have at least 2 teachers who think you're hot shit

that's it. that's all you need, and you'll get into something top tier.

that said, once you leave the "prestigiousness" of your school does not matter whatsoever. keep in mind after school people don't even attempt to make it a meritocracy. they only care about how well you'd do the job and whether they'd hate working with you. some people may even resent you for going to a good school, especially if you seem arrogant about it, and would pass you over for it.

> if you take it to mean anything more than that you're probably a mental midget and also a smug neoliberal.
The former is probably true, but I despise neoliberalism. If anything the dominant system has likely inculcated me with its values and caused me to make attending one of these schools the one goal needed to view myself as a success in life.

Obviously it matters far less if you're gonna do medicine, it's not like the standards are allowed to slip.

>work in private sector

Makes me sad but I really don't blame you

>tfw all of those except the grades
Wound up waitlisted at a good university and attending a shit university

what do you do?

So you're a pharma rep?

I also studied medicine but work as a doctor at a public hospital because I want to give back to the community and helping people makes me happy, and such.