What maxims do you live by?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2WJXSTfCOL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Didn't Voiltare say that?

Also: “We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting”
- Kahlil Gibran

Act not with malicious intention - ya boy

Neither of them said it. It's a fake quote. Still rings very true, though.

Yeah I've hear some people say that. I also just noticed that despite the quote having a picture of Voltaire it still attributes it to Descartes

"Fuck where you're from. Fuck where you're going. It's all about where you're at."
- Stefan Burnett

"Art is never finished, only abondened"
- Leonardo DaVinci

"So long as you have food in your mouth, have solved all questions for the time being"
- Franz Kafka

Fuck off with your e-celeb pseuds

Attached image related.

That quote might as well be the 24/7 banner of this website.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
and with strange aeons even death may die."
- H. P. Lovecraft

It is an absolutely useless quote (unless you plan to cryonically preserve yourself).
I think that's why I like it. It's nice prose, has oomph and there is no need to question it.

I like how it still says Descartes on the pic.

It's pentameter

I'm by no means an oldfag. I've been on Veeky Forums (albeit bouncing from board to board) since early 2011, largely in intermittent spurts where my life was otherwise lacking. Am I alone in feeling as if the quality of the site has gone down tremendously these last few years? I'm not griping about times changing: it's a serious inquiry.

I'm not sure if I can conclude that it's the mere growth of individuals on the site, or, the outcropping of younger and more blatant shitposters - but I feel like something is rapidly fading each day. It's not gone entirely, not yet, but everyday I'm finding less and less good reason to even lurk here. Some of the lesser used boards, like Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums...they're still alright. But on the whole scale I feel like things are falling.

shut the fuck up and leave already, fag

Do you have any data to support that claim? Otherwise I think it is fair to say you are wrong.

Don't know.
I remember a time when Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums were good places to have rational discussions.
But I've seen the reverse, also. Veeky Forums used to be all memes and close to zero useful advice. Now it's a genuinely good place to get info.

I feel like that one time they tried to close /pol/ just popped the zit and it made all other boards worse for it.
Especially in regards to this pathetic "muh beta-fag, women are whores, fucking cuck" bs, which seems to be unironic half the time. The neckbeard-fedoracore insult isn't even effective anymore, because that lot is now everywhere.

One day I'll just move over to /out/. They seem nice.

Fair argument honestly
No, not really. There are a number of archives I could look through. It could be me losing interest in the site itself. Maybe it was just more entertaining when I was younger, and that unbridled and zany contrarianism spoke to me a bit more.

>pathetic "muh beta-fag, women are whores, fucking cuck"

Veeky Forums has always called people fags, beta and cuck are quite similar insults that question masculinity
and women are whores

If you come to the internet for "rational discussion" you are a fucking pseudo-intellectual buffoon

No, Veeky Forums used to be an anarcho-leaning egalitarian site, where tfwnogf was a running joke and everyone admitted to being losers.

Now it's this alt-right meme fest with a shitton of unironical misogyny, racism and cock-sucking of rich dudes.
Old Veeky Forums would have memed Sanders into the presidency, while getting their hands on Ivanka nudes.

>If you come to the internet for "rational discussion" you are a fucking pseudo-intellectual buffoon
I don't. It just happens sometimes.
And it used to happen here more often.

>Veeky Forums is "suddenly" racist and misogynist
>memed sanders

if anything, Veeky Forums is always doing stuff that causes the most butthurt to people, be it trolling of fellow users (like in your post), or triggering reditors and ebaumsworld fags

>So long as you have food in your mouth, have solved all questions for the time being"
>- Franz Kafka
Really makes you think about the hunger artist

that's r a r e

where did you get this

No, they chose to create the most butthurt to important people or people who thought they were important. Back then they fucked up pedos, animal abusers and any of the opium of the people BS (pic related)
But they overdid it with the "nigger" memes and now we have people on the website who unironically believe that a demented real estate millionaire will fix their country.

t. 2013 poster who came here from reddit

I have one personal maxim
>Fuck bitches, get money
I suppliment this aphorism with two supporting philosophies
>B-b-b-bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks, bitch-bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks
As well as
>Cash Rules Everything Around Me: CREAM, get the money. Dolla dolla bills y'all
It gets me through the day.

I 'ave one maxim. don't be a meme like this guycuck

Heh, nice one, Mao. You know what else is harmful? Huh? Can you guess? C'mon, I'll give you three guesses.

AIDS

One of my favorites from one of the best. It's applicable today, especially with all of the arguments about censorship and public discourse.

What does this mean?

Suppression of crappy and false ideas happens naturally in the marketplace of ideas.You don't need to actively censor anything.

There you go /pol/

*billionaire

"What counts is not the best living but the most living"

>tfw to smart too read to many books

That's a picture of fontenelle you morons

>FUCK
>OFF
>BACK
>TO
>REDDIT

I'm assuming you're black because of how upset the nigger word makes you and your lack of understanding about things in general. If you yearn for chanology/occupy era niggerfaggotry you can always go to reddit. Most of the betacuck, girlbrained niggers ended up there. Why are you posting on here when the worse than literal Hitler President, Drumpf, is constantly victimizing trans women of color?

>I'm assuming you're black

Na if he's still posting oldfag creepy chan pics guaranteed he's not black. Probably some white guy. Watching you joust bravely at that strawman was fun though.

I-it was chivalrous, r-right?

Downright heroic, babe.

no

youtube.com/watch?v=2WJXSTfCOL4

this whole scene

Cao Mengde masterrace