How pages do you read a day Veeky Forums?

how pages do you read a day Veeky Forums?

>inb4 >imblying lit reads :DDD

I try to reach around 25-30 per day.

from 20 to 200

I usually read once every 2 or 3 days but when I do I read like 100 pages or more

depends, i can knock down anywhere from 20-150 pages in a day, more if it's a very simple text and i'm enjoying myself a lot.

From 50 to 200. I'm on holidays so nothing to do more than reading

>mfw can read genre fiction stuff for hours
>mfw get tired fast of classics like Dostoevsky

How do I start liking good books?

between 20 and 40, because mostly i read theoretical/philosophical texts, which are hard to understand and you have to think about them before you go on reading

Really... makes you...... think......

When will you tards realize that page count is a meaningless measurement since paper size, font choice, line spacing, and margins aren't standardized?

Word count is a much better measurement.

Usually i try to read 50-60 pages per day. Im very slow at reading tho

Depends on the episode length but I aim for 40, and if I'm not mentally depleted I'll go further. There were days when I was reading Ulysses that I would easily spend hours and up at 70-90.

That being said I'm reading philosophy right now, and I'd be lucky to manage 10 pages in an hour.

anywhere from 0 to 400. Usually more like a 100, but If I got a good spell going, then I can read 2-3 books a week.

Dostoevsky is what really got me into reading for real, and it probably still my favorite author.

He's a special case though. Its tough to slog through his books without context and from the wrong point. I'd suggest Crime and Punishment first, because that one of his novels that picks up towards the beginning.
Most of his other novels don't really pick up towards the early-middle to late-middle, but when they do pick up its hard to tear your eyes from his pages.

I don't read every day, but when I do, it's between 200 and 500 pages per day

A couple hundred. I don't count at all because it starts to become a little competition in my head which annoys me. All I know for certain is that I'm always reading 3 or 4 books at a time and I read at least a few chapters of each every day.

how can you read multiple books at a time and not get burnt out/stop reading in favor of the favorite?

most readers don't even read word by word tho also how you gonna deal with stuff like honorificabilitudinitatibus or joyce's thunderwords there is not best record so just use page

I have the opposite sort of problem where I get burned out when I'm only reading one book so I had a lot of trouble finishing books. That problem went away as soon as I started reading multiple books and overall I read so much more now. I can spend an hour reading one book and when I get bored with it I'll just pick up something totally different and read for another hour.

Interesting... case

i usually read one or two chapters before i go to bad which is like 20-50, the remaining count differs heavily from day to day, if i just chill i add read another one or two. i take 30min bus drives a lot in my town which adds another chapter per drive. i'd say i read about 60 pages on average, a little more when im consistenly having a bus drive twice a day and slightly less if i just sit at home (surprisingly). when im having lighter stuff im a lot faster and kill 200 pages per day i'd guess

I try to hit 100 but I'm fine with 80. Been reading textbooks lately though which disrupts things a bit. I can't tell if I've been reading more or less than usual.

I mean no harm, but I'd like you to know that it's poor form to inb4 as OP.

I just didn't want meme replies, I'm genuinely interested.

I make an effort to read at least a little every day, so usually 10-15 minimum. When I have free time and I'm captivated by a book I rarely stop before 30-50 pages. Depends on the lenght of the chapters, I don't like just stopping anywhere.

The way I figure if I read at least 10 pages a day that should equate to at least 1 book a month and I'm satisfied with that. Gym and work take up a lot of time as well.

Most books don't have word counters, all books have page numbers. It's not like the page count actually matters, it's just a little tool to help keep track.

I do this too but I try to limit the books I start just so I ever finish them.

I usually have 1 non-fiction and two fiction books in the works. One long and difficult and one that's just some mystery or thriller or something that I can read before bed when I'm already exhausted.

right now, ~20, unfortunately, because college + internship + other shit. before internship it was around 50~100

Goal: 70-100/ day
Before breakfast 20, before bed 20 and the rest depending how much time there is in between. Obviously also depends on the topic/ almond activating ingredients.

around 40-80 pages, i try to get 3-4 chapters but this varies

1-4 pages a day.

I like the idea of reading but I hate reading. I like talking about reading though.

MODS

>get tired fast of classics like Dostoevsky
Hahahahaha. For real?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Counting words. Are you retarded or what?

Don't read Russian literature.

For 3773929183829th time, start with the Iliad.