I wrote a poem in order to win a girl back. Is this a terrible idea...

I wrote a poem in order to win a girl back. Is this a terrible idea? Do women appreciate poetry or will she laugh and show all her friends?

>do women appreciate literature
that's why she left you. you're fucking oblivious.

but it works in the movies user

in all likelihood your poem must be terrible,
then again her judgment as to poetic quality must be just as terrible
none of this pertains to your predicament but when she makes fun of your poem it will be for the wrong reasons
why don't you bake her a cake instead and avoid all that

heres what you do. invite her for coffee. dont mention anything about poetry. talk about normal stuff. make eye contact. be genuinely interested. at some point when things are comfy and you run out of stuff to talk about, grab a napkin. write the the poem. give as parting gift like you didnt plan anything. dont act desperate. say bye. either it will work or not is definitely up to you.

You can do whatever the fuck you want. If you want to write a poem you deserve to be with a girl who likes that. Don't think - do!

The latter. Don't be an idiot dude.

depends on the girl and the creepiness of the poem

Post it then we can tell you.

post it cmon dude

Sounds like an interesting idea. Just post it real quick and we can give you tips on how to improve it.

Win her back from another poet?

As long as it doesn't rhyme. Rhyme is the easy way to write poetry, and women will instinctively sense this weakness in you and mock it. Blank verse is for chads.

she is going to laugh and show all her friends. this is a promise. it's not like the Movies.

Dont do it brah, girls like ryan gosling doing that shit in a movie but irl they're hoooors

DONT DO IT

>Do women appreciate poetry or will she laugh and show all her friends?
No. Never try to "win back" a girl anyway.

wtf are u autistic op? this isn't 250 BC dumbfuck, women don't care about poetry

the only women that "care" about poetry, don't care about your poetry. they care about "old" poetry and New York best seller poetry

if
this is the first poem you've written
or
you don't read a lot of poetry
then
it's probably a
bad idea.

I fucking WISH i could pick up girls with poetry

> will she show it to all her friends?

Yes, it's almost garunteed regardless of the outcome. Assume her friends know everything she knows about you.

> will it work or will she laugh?
This depends 90% on how she feels about you and 10% (if that) on the contents of the poem.

>win back
That's the problem and I would not recommend to do it. It's most unfortunate but since women control who they choose to mate with you should not invest in her any further.

Elseway you should write your poetry to win or maintain a girl's heart and be honest about it no matter if it's bad. What counts is if your are real or just making things up. If you are caught pretending, good riddance.

I recently had to learn that women is not to be trusted the same way as men. You should respect her trustworthy ways in an absolute way but she WILL show your poems to all her friends. However this might not necessarily be a bad thing.

I (male) would never show my love letters to my beer drinking, weed smoking, sex jokes making friends. But women have a different relationship with each other. Honestly I often envy having a girl-friend. I mean a girl who is (just) my friend. But I can't, I am dedicated to my principles and morals in a way that I can't have to do with people without giving them all I am.

So, sorry to tell you the truth, but you are a goner for her.

She will laugh.

>I wrote a poem in order to win a girl back. Is this a terrible idea?
>meanwhile, the girl in question is with pic related

>Assume her friends know everything she knows about you.
This is why I broke up with my gf. She talked to her friends about our sex life and about what we did together, and about arguments, and about our talks. Pretty much all of it. When I figured out people do this, I broke up with her. She was mind boggled and thought I was being a moron for doing it and she said it's normal to talk to her friends about it. I hate that people discuss their private lives with others. I am angry right now just typing this.

It's a crapshoot if she has a single ironic bone in her body.

Anyways, friends in virtue are far superior to those in pleasure.

You are 100% correct in this, a relationship should consist of solely 2 (two) persons communicating and trusting with each other, but in your case there's multiple people all influencing the outcome of every thing in the relationship. Instead of talking to you about something and dealing with the issue directly with you she would talk to her friends who would come up with all sorts of opinions that don't even have the best of you in mind.
Rule #1 for a steady and stable marriage: shut your trap.

Women have to do that, it's in their nature. Rather than overreacting you could have instead set limits on what she can and can't talk about and who she can and can't talk to about it. You're supposed to set limits and boundaries and stick by them, not simply walk away.

Trying to set limits on what she can say? Yeah, that would end well... And she totally wouldn't go on telling her friends about that too...

Well I suppose asking for advice is okay sometimes, in some matters. I just dislike people who share all the details with everyone. It's private. I don't want to have to set limits. I want someone who understands that this is a bad idea without me having to explain it.

Not that user but are you really shocked that this happens? Left to their own devices they'll naturally talk about domestic life. Most women don't know how to bullshit about nothing like guys can. Some can, but most can't. You should've talked to her before you bailed.

>You should've talked to her before you bailed.
Well I made a mistake assuming things. I guess it was a lesson.

Do this, OP.
It doesn't matter if you get the girl or not, the important thing is that it will help you in your poetic development.

>Rhyme is the easy way to write poetry
Please never go full retard.

It depends on the girl and on the poem. But given the way you're asking this, it's probably a really bad idea. Post an image of the poem though.

You dodged a bullet, that breach of confidence is unforgivable and she obviously wouldn't have corrected her behavior if you told her anything (it's likely her poor education and lack of judgement who caused this). Don't stay with a person you can't trust.

This is the kind of woman who would tell it to everyone if you inherited several million dollars, and would attract a lot of problems and parasites into your house.

Basic rules:
Bo knowledge of poetry:
If she likes you truely it doesn't matter how good it is, she will love you for it.
If she doesn't like you any more, no matter how good it is, it will be creepy.
If she is knowledgeable of poetry:
If it's good she may fall for you again.
If it's bad she will feel validated that leaving you was the right choice.
In the end it doesn't matter tho, if you don't both resolve your issues you had and have it'll burn out faster than matchstick.

/thread/ and
/thread/

The Persian poet Isaac the Singer has a pretty good poem for getting bitches back. I'd post it but I forgot how it goes and where I read it.

>Just post it real quick and we can laugh
Fixed.

This would be a lot easier to answer if you posted the poem.

I think it's cute but I'm also slightly autistic.

That's what I was trying for, ya dingus. But you can't actually say that to an OP, it ruins potential kek timez.

For the record this is an amazingly bad idea on every level and no one should ever do this ever.

>You will never have a gf to exchange poetry with.
Lads,

Interested in your thoughts /b on mine, got feedback from a college lecturer and they think I should create an anthology of my works and then present it because its apparently good but idk if i'm just writing to what she likes or no

POETRY CRITIQUE THREAD NOW?

When sweet summer's head falls weary and lost,
Heaven's misted eye sat twelve steps atop
Flows from sea foam falling: from dark accost;
To be or not for her apple above.
Myrtle may pass quickly at seasoned hands,
And noble minds suffer a sea of troubles,
While tempered strings may favour falling sands;
The fairest prairie rose on twelve's rubble.
If darkness, in vain, shows fairest judgement,
Wounds never cease in past unforgotten:
For wide is the gate, and love abundant;
One cannot the other yet both blossom.
If mortals fetish love, do they die sinned,
Or pure heart turned blue, and jaded soul skinned?

If you have to ''win'' her, there is already something wrong

quasi-victorian puffed up dreck, your lecturer is a ponce

ha!

Most people believe that love is just a fairytale for kids and laugh about weirdos who act as though it were real to shrug off their doubts. Relationships to them mean normality, comfort and stability, having someone they can fuck with a couple times a week and getting respect from their friends if their partner is desirable. Most relationships are born from a pragmatic desire of not wanting to feel lonely, or of wanting to prove to oneself that one is desirable, rather than the dream of one day understanding and being understood by another person (which imo means they're broken on a fundamental level).

That's the reason you would simply get laughed at for honestly trying to show your feelings of love for another person in a deeply personal way, instead of at least being rejected seriously. Imo it has a lot to do with the fact that most people get their ideas on romance from the type of commercial fiction in which humans are usually portrayed as shallow, self absorbed carbon-cutouts, their relationships born out of surface similarities such as shared interests and physical attractions, their ultimate moral objective generally nothing more than preventing the abnormal (in the form of a serial killer, some asshole everyone hates, an addiction or mental illness that is making our maincharacters themselves lose sight of what is normal, etc.) from entering their lives, all this shown to the audience in a matter of fact "that's just the way humans are" kind of way.

>Love means in general terms the consciousness of my unity with another, so that I am not in selfish isolation but win my self-consciousness only as the renunciation of my independence and through knowing myself as the unity of myself with another and of the other with me. Love, however, is feeling, i.e. ethical life in the form of something natural. In the state, feeling disappears; there we are conscious of unity as law; there the content must be rational and known to us. The first moment in love is that I do not wish to be a self-subsistent and independent person and that, if I were, then I would feel defective and incomplete. The second moment is that I find myself in another person, that I count for something in the other, while the other in turn comes to count for something in me. Love, therefore, is the most tremendous contradiction; the Understanding cannot resolve it since there is nothing more stubborn than this point (Punktualität) of self-consciousness which is negated and which nevertheless I ought to possess as affirmative. Love is at once the propounding and the resolving of this contradiction. As the resolving of it, love is unity of an ethical type.