What are some good books on torture?

What are some good books on torture?
I'm not interested in history, but rather philosophy, morality, ethics behind it.
I'm mostly okay with people dying and being killed by whatever means, but not sure how to get over torture which comes to me as the red line.

t. actual sociopath

Are you ok with yourself dying, or are you seriously a sollipsist lmao

no doesn't always mean no, it means all sorts of things. When you care about all sorts of things, you go nuts.

soldiers around the world go through similar dilemma, a basement introvert wouldn't understand I assume.

Not this guy , but attempting to justify sociopathic thoughts and tendencies is a pretty good sign that you're a sociopath, famalam.

a sociopath doesnt have to justify their sociopathy to themselves

lurk gurochan , they have their ow "literature" board just for you to fit in :^)

I don't care if I'm a sociopath or not because that is irrelevant to my intellectual curiosity towards learning more about the essence behind torturing. Quit being an edgy teenagers and if you don't know any book about torture or too scared to even learn about it, fuck off.

what's your fav? I'm partial to the ketzergabel, but the pear's pretty hot.

None I'd recommend. Good luck.

What the fuck is even the point of posting this then you stupid fuck

shit i read a good book on this but can't remember what it was called.

for western europe there was a convention that since the state owned your serf ass they would be allowed to torture you to get you to produce the truth, but since the church was concerned with your soul they in some ways lessened torture: for instance they left blood shed to the state and things like suffocating someone by piling rocks on them, hanging them, or burning them alive, because those all stop the breath and don't tear the flesh, they were godly ways for the church to torture while campaigning against state cruelty.

it's going to piss me off what the title was now because i think it's the one that also told me everybody always expected the spanish inquisition since they gave you a month's notice before they even came to town.

and if you're interested in the morals of portraying torture, susan sontag is a good first step

>Good books on torture
Anything by Ayn Rand.

I don't have a recommendation for you, user.

BUGS...

EASY

my diary tbqh

ON

THE EDGINESS

>I don't care if I'm a sociopath

Sociopath confirmed

>imma psychopath
>muh intellectual curiosity
Let me guess...You paint your finger nails black and wear a trench coat...You're pathetic.

>Sociopath
More like FAUXsiopath. This guy's an edgy loser.

>asks for books about torture
>"dude, that's weird."
>"nu-uh! YOU'RE weird! I'm not weird! I'm just super interested in torture! That's not weird! You're just a scared kid! SHUT UP!"
>calls other people edgy

If you don't like it then get the FUCK OUT OF MY TREAD!

Nah. Even as obvious bait, this is amusing.

Fuck off, ass-blood.

What ya gonna do, torture me?

the torture garden by octave mirbeau

Worst thread ever

Story of O by Pauline Réage

Enjoy being on a list you Autistic, Pitiful, Loser.

I don't really understand the reaction this thread is getting. Is it strange to be interested in the subject of torture? Or is it because of the other comments OP made?

You're the OP, fuck off.

very little torture happens in this. it's mostly a frenchman swanning about, regarding the doings of the heathen Chinee with detached bemusement while going into raptures over his girlfriend, who swoons a lot.

OP: try "The History of Torture" by Daniel P Mannix.

Holy jesus, this board is full of delicate snowflakes

Hangman's Diary is a good start.

OP here
I didn't even repost in this thread, those are just random guys pretending.

I appreciate your recommendation but as I noted, I'm mostly interested in the philosophical side of the concept

>this thread
Leave OP alone, you fucking weenies.

What are you even asking? People get tortured whether or not you split hairs over being "okay" with dying.. whatever that means..

The Interrogator.

I'm talking about the doer's perspective. Just like there's a reason behind people abusing animals, there are reasons to oppose it. What are the reasons (philosophical, moral, ethical) to oppose torture or to support torture or to disregard torture as "special" method. All about human contemplation on torture buddy

Piers Anthony wrote a short story called "On the Uses of Torture" which is not too deep but puts torture in a different perspective than we're used to seeing.

Got by chance a .epub to share?

then read some books about primate psychology.

"In the Penal Colony" by Kafka

Funny you should bring this up OP, I just bought pic related at a book fair.
My copy is filled with illustrations