Poetry

Can somebody please tell me a good place to get started with poetry? I'd prefer romance.

Sir Phillip Sidney if you like old stuff

I am sick and tired of this. Every day I come to Veeky Forums, and every day there is at least one thread up with an OP image of an attractive woman dressed scantily and posing seductively. It's probably the same one or two people who do it honestly. Let me tell you something, you faggot pieces of shit who are doing this: you are the poster child for everything that is wrong in literature, art, and society as a whole today. You are incapable of coming up with anything creative, thought provoking, or of substance, and you lack even the smallest modicum of intelligence, so you use "style" and "flash" and pizazz in place of it and to draw attention to yourself, because that's the only way your SHIT "creation" and ideas would ever get seen by anyone. And before you say anything, this has NOTHING to do with the fact that I don't have a girlfriend. Anyway, I will be petitioning the owner of this website to ban your asses, so enjoy being able to post here while it lasts, because it's not going to last long, just like you that one time you convinced an obese girl to let you fuck her..

I don't come here often, but I guess that's a pasta. Nice dude

Thanks m8

The way many women dress today, with half their breasts exposed, is an expression of total disrespect for men. Men are left with three possible responses. To grab the woman, which is illegal; to ogle the woman, which is socially unacceptable; or to affect not to notice the woman at all, which is emasculating. A culture that normalizes such female behavior—i.e. not only not noticing or objecting to it, but prohibiting any objection to it—is extremely sick.

>being this cucked by worldly values
I agree that women are degenerate as fuck though

Did you intentionally take the the bait?

I think it's counter-pasta

Can anyone explain to me what's the actual point of pasta?
Like you just save some mediocre rant in a word document and then paste it and then F5 to see if anyone will respond to it?
Why? Why would you be interested to see a response to a thought that isn't even yours?

Nice ironic pasta

It's not pasta I literally just typed it letter by letter I will record the sound of my keyboard if you don't believe me
Or are you implying that all human thought is pasta and therefore there is no categorical difference between formulating your own thoughts and coopting those of others

Post more hot gifs.

Holy shit baby got back

It looks weird though like plastic why is it not jiggling?

this is the last one before someone gives me another good recommendation

Why?! Why must you torment me so with these Jezebels? All I want to do is come here for an asexual experience that will exercise my brain but I am constantly titillated by these vixens with their prodigious hips and provocative figures. Can I never satiate this thirst, will I ever know the touch of a woman and enter between her loins? Will my seed ever drip from her moistened hole?

August Ames
Daniela Lopez Osorio

You can start by reading a book related to your pic: Lolita, by Nabokov (notice the Lolli Swim inscription in the wall).

His prose is extremely poetic and densely metaphorical. He was clearly influenced by Shakespeare - Shakespeare beeing the greatest of all poets.

Lolita is also one of the most hilarious books I have ever read (despite it's dark theme). Nabokov was great with comedy.

oops, meant to say thanks with that pic

To continue with the mention of Shakespeare, if you want to take a general view of his poetic powers, I suggest you buy this book:

>Shakespeare’s Imagery, by Caroline Spurgeon

Don’t worry about her conclusion on what Shakespeare’s tastes and opinions were. The important thing is that she catalogues many of Shakespeare’s images, hundreds of his metaphors and similes. Is wonderful to know just how ample and vivid were his powers of expression.

If you want to go to Shakespeare himself, some of his most poetic plays are:

Macbeth
A Midsummer Night Dream
The Tempest

But really, all of his work contains great poetry. Even an early play that nobody reads, The Two Gentlemen of Verona, offers us these lines:

For Orpheus' lute was strung with poets' sinews,
Whose golden touch could soften steel and stones,
Make tigers tame and huge leviathans
Forsake unsounded deeps to dance on sands.

A modern poet that I like quite a lot is Wislawa Szymborska. Here is a poem by her:

The buzzard never says it is to blame.
The panther wouldn't know what scruples mean.
When the piranha strikes, it feels no shame.
If snakes had hands, they'd claim their hands were clean.

A jackal doesn't understand remorse.
Lions and lice don't waver in their course.
Why should they, when they know they're right?

Though hearts of killer whales may weigh a ton,
in every other way they're light.

On this third planet of the sun
among the signs of bestiality
a clear conscience is Number One.

yeats to be honest

Read In Pursuit of Poetry by Robert Hillyer. It is a delightful book full of great poems and gives a great overview of the whole of English poetry.
It's out of print now, so you'll have to buy it used I'm afraid.

I liked that, thanks.

I got him on muh backlog so I'll check it out

Interesting

we need to annex this to the first pasta

the first pasta needs work. it's good but it could be better

are those panties or a swimsuit?

says swim in the background so...ya know

It was posted in another thread