The most profound thing I ever witnessed was a dream I had where all the water on earth turned to jelly...

The most profound thing I ever witnessed was a dream I had where all the water on earth turned to jelly. Like it was the huge experience- scientists were baffled, the religious folk were panicking, everyone else was just trying to live their lives. It wasn't even bad- you could still drink it, and fish could still live in it, etc, it was just... jelly. It was strange and poignant and the dream ended with a person standing ankle deep in ocean jelly watching the sun rise.

Is there a book more poignant than this strange sci-fi metaphor of inevitable, inexorable changing of the times?

Also, at the same time the water turned to jelly, 13% of the human population turned into lizard people, so there were lizard people in labcoats working alongside humans trying to figure this shit out.

Would beer and liquor and such be jelly too?

i have dreams about nuclear war regularly, had one last night in fact. I blame CNN and Veeky Forums's constant happening threads

>this is jelly

Once i dreamed of a monster of cum that got out of its cage.
The cum is out.
yes.
YES

No, just water

Lucky you. Usually I have dreams about horrific body horror monsters. I spend most of the dream watching people being fucking gored to death while I think "No, no, don't be afraid, stop believing in it! It's not real! If you don't believe in it, it can't hurt you!" But of course I'm watching people being gored to death in front of me, so I can't stop believing in it.

Last night it was kids, this time. 12, roundabouts. Trying to fight off this horrific ultra xenomorph, shrieking, dripping raw flesh with claws and whipcord tails and too many jaws.

Then there was a poltergeist and we were all trapped in a house. People died, of course.

And on a cruise ship, escaping a parasitic alien plague. We had to light an infected guy on fire and throw him overboard.

I have a nightmare every single night.

that sounds bad fampai, you sound like you have too much stress in your life.

Yes. Probably.

I've never stopped having nightmares. I can remember my first nightmare I had- I was three, and I woke up screaming because a ditch sucked the meat off my dog.

I don't know how to stop it. Maybe it's too ingrained in me at this point.

But I also have really great dreams too- amazing visuals, stories, people. I can't give that up either.

You should work on your lucid dreaming skills and gain control.

I had nightmares 3-7 times a week for about 4 years, with two recurring ones which each happened multiple times per week, I ended up getting over it seemingly spontaneously. Wish I could help out mi familia but idk what happened.

Besides that, dope dream, I have had pretty intensely touching dreams about water/all the water on Earth as well. Definitely makes me wish I was a better writer and could make them into poignant books.

yeah- wouldn't really know how to do it though.

Oh yeah- regardless of how bad it gets, I love dreaming as much as I do. 2-4+ dreams a night. I've used a lot of some things in my dreams in my writing (made a little less dream-like, of course)

Just write it out anyway, and keep a dream journal. It's nice to have that, and eventually, you can go back and maybe write about them when you feel more confident.

When I was a kid I had a dream where I walked into a motel room with a sumo wrestler in it who watched me as I tried to lift an impossibly heavy tiny silver ball off the floor. The ball was so dense and heavy that I couldn't move it at all and it terrified me.

I think this is pretty much the plot to Vonnegut's Cats's Cradle.

>yeah- wouldn't really know how to do it though.
You could check out Stephen LaBerge's work or just the lucid dreaming Reddit.

There are plenty of tutorials online who gives pretty much the same information to get you started. Dream recall and reality checks should be the first things to get into and you already seem quite good at the former and maybe even the latter since you describe being aware of the unreality of your dream while experiencing it. If you flesh this out you can train yourself to get a bit more control from that point on.

>that I couldn't move it at all and it terrified me.
Those are the worst kind of dreams, where there's this weird cerebral terror.

Thank you, I'll check it out. Though I'll admit lucid dreaming sort of makes me nervous. Would it impact all of my dreams? Or is it something you can turn off?

huh. not quite. might check it out regardless

I had a dream that I walked into a shirt shop in a mall. A clerk was a man in a red and white striped shirt with a handlebar moustache. He invited me to the counter and brought up a wooden cutting board. A rabbit was placed on its back on the board and the man cut it in a typical y-shaped incision, pulled its heart out while still beating, and blew it up like a balloon.

You should get into lucid dreaming, then you can consciously and wilfully conquer your inner demons during your sleep. Also you can fly and turn into animals and shit if you get good at it.

I picture some kind of Fukushima-esque disaster at the jell-o factory where thousands of tons of gelatin are being dumped into the oceans every day.

You know what to do.

>Would it impact all of my dreams? Or is it something you can turn off?
The literature asserts that it doesn't happen if you don't want it to. Can confirm. Without focusing on the specific fact that you're dreaming though, you might, if you're not already, become vaguely aware at all times that your circumstances are not those of your life. Can't remember it ever not being the case for me so I assume this is just how dreaming feels to begin with.

>Though I'll admit lucid dreaming sort of makes me nervous. Would it impact all of my dreams? Or is it something you can turn off?
I have no idea desu, I've never encountered someone who had more lucid dreams than he wanted to. For most people it remains pretty hard.

What makes you nervous about it?

I had some great dreams but this one is the most retelling-worthy. I had it when I was fairly young, in primary school.
>walking through a rocky desert, just cacti and emptiness as far as you can see
>see a building in the distance
>go to it
>it looks like my school
>but it is surrounded by barbed wire
>guards come out of the building and arrest me; it was actually some secret military building that I shouldn't know of
>inside
>imprisoned together with a ton of other schoolkids
>we are literally guarded by our teachers in this school-prison
>rest of the dream turns into a point-and-click puzzle game where I organize a rebellion
>stab my PE teacher multiple times (I hated her and PE)
>a clown appears and kills off the rest of the teachers

Related: I always have a fuckton of dreams during summer. Nearly every day. Is there an explanation for this?

never trust the reptilians

I had a dream I was in a stalker-esque industrial park with a group of people. We were all armed with guns and set up camp surrounded by tall metal scaffolding, perhaps belonging to an oil refinery or rig. Then our campfire blew out and something howled in the darkness, and everyone started panicking. Last thing I remember was a giant robotic wolf clamping down on my chest and stomach and how impossible it was to pry it open.

Also had a dream last night where my friend from middle school and I had to cook his hermit crab for a campground cooking contest

I always have dreams that take place in these massive shopping centers that double as cities and they're strangely uncomfortable

I had one where I sat down in a theatre with cable TV on. It was an ESPN broadcast of a bloodsport. The prisons were overpopulated, so they offered freedom to anyone that could kill an agitated hippo with their bare hands. Obviously they didn't stand a chance and were being ripped apart live on TV with color commentary. Eventually the cleanup afterwards happened, and a guy was using a snow shovel to scoop viscera off of the arena floor, and the hippo was being fed. At that I rolled over in the theatre seat and vomited in a trash can, and woke up.

I have dreams that take place in a Dr. Seussified version of the town in which I've lived my entire (after 17) adult life. Regularly.

That's beautiful, OP. I love hearing about other people's dreams.

I had a dream where my basement was flooded with murky water every time the sun went down and a shark that would appear out of no where. Well I started investigating and found that there was a guy who was hired to operate a prop-shark. After that discover I kind of just lived with the flooding and hung out down there.

Who hired the properator?

I think it may have been my parents, but I'm not exactly sure.

Go to sleep and find out

>What makes you nervous about it?
that I won't be able to turn it off, and that it will end up impacting the good dreams I have.

Given Vicodin after wisdom teeth yanked. Two straight nights of lucid dreaming, i.e. of being the central magician of my dreams. What amazes me after the fact is how conservative I became upon realizing I had complete license.

The heat, maybe.

My teeth turned to glass and many started falling out in my dream last night. Then I poured whiskey in my mouth, as I usually get hammered when my teeth start hurting, but it mixed with the blood and I couldn't swallow it anymore.