Shoots arab for NO reason

>shoots arab for NO reason
could he really not come up with a character motivation?

try the redpill if u want to know he done it

Wasn't it self-defense? My memory may be fuzzy, but I remember the Arab having a knife and issuing a threat. That's reason enough for me.

Im real sick of explaining this, but he shoots the arab because he doesn't want to return to Marie a beta little cuck. It literally says so right in the text. Women are poison to men.

The sun was really bright

this, everything else is wrong

in the face of the absurd, motivations are meaningless

was Camus's character a nihilist?

I keep reading it's an existential work, but it doesn't put forward the same outlook on life as Nietzsche or Dostoevsky's work

They are simply inferior to us as men of rationality and logic

Why do roasties like to read this book so much? And I'm talking about the one on the right, not Taytay of course

They are inferior of mind compared to men, who generally gravitate towards more conservative and righteous authors, like tolstoy, homer, and dante.
Women just love twilight and harry potter, and the stranger. That's why rick and morty is also a girl show

I would say it's because it's a classic that is also a very easy read, so you can seem well read without any effort. Much like a fashion accessory.

nah it's because women are simply inefrior and only read it for others sake, unlike men, who read stuff because they feel it in their souls

>righteous
>women are dumb meme
Spooky

>and only read it for others sake
so, what I said then?

Made it sound like you defended women, when its a result of how inferior they are to us as white men

Heatstroke?

What did Camus mean by this?

I had to pick up my copy and reread it to see if this was true, but i couldnt find it anywhere? Could you post the quote?

You really missed the point of the book, do you ?

Coincidentally, I just read this for the first time today, and I recall him explaining he didn't want to return to the crying of the women or something along that line, which I think is where that user got his interpretation from.

pour toi

you're correct

Arabs BTFO

This book will always be special to me. The first time I read it I found it mediocre, but the second time I read it was the day of my psychotic break. Reading it in the library and laughing hysterically at the robot woman who comes and writes down everything that he orders before he orders it is a fond memory. Then I read Capitalism and Schizophrenia in the psych ward and realized that Mersault, like Judge Schreber just had sunbeams in his ass.

>woman who comes and writes down everything that he orders
wow, I completely forgot about that part.
What was that about?

>NO reason

If you think there should've been a reason you missed the message of the book

If we had sex, would you love me?

No, she's a goddess

not sure if memeing but that's the pont of the book user, no reason for anything

Very good.

it would be extremely meaningless

It's because the sun is annoying and he vents his frustration.
He literally says so in the court.

I went by myself to Céleste’s. When I had just started my dinner an odd-looking little woman came in and asked if she might sit at my table. Of course she might. She had a chubby face like a ripe apple, bright eyes, and moved in a curiously jerky way, as if she were on wires. After taking off her closefitting jacket she sat down and started studying the bill of fare with a sort of rapt attention. Then she called Céleste and gave her order, very fast but quite distinctly; one didn’t lose a word. While waiting for the hors d’oeuvre she opened her bag, took out a slip of paper and a pencil, and added up the bill in advance. Diving into her bag again, she produced a purse and took from it the exact sum, plus a small tip, and placed it on the cloth in front of her.

Upon rereading the passage my recollection of it was incorrect. Like I said, I was psychotic at the time and it made me aware of the 'syncronicity' (how i interpreted my psychosis) all around me and gave me the unnerving idea that everything was predetermined

As to what it means in the context of the story? I think it just shows that mersault isn't the only one alienated from society.

Yes Mersault is a nihilist. His mother dies at the beginning and he really doesnt give a fuck. Has a gf but wheres the sign of passionate intrigue? Murders a man and the reason is... the sun was too much? Only til the very end does Mersault realize the tragic error of his ways, and the very last few lines are Mersault actively looking forward to his death, finally giving a fuck about what happens to himself, despite the Absurd

Common theme with Camus, accepting moral responsibility for your actions despite the absurd

Why was she at the trial, too?

Because she's one of the reptillians that are constantly watching those of us who are woke.

Remove kebab.

pour toi

Taylor Swift is literally a harpy that follows the "fuck em n leave em" mentality.

A good Christian woman should never do this.

Fuck off Houellebecq

>americans

>tfw Camusposting x Baneposting hybrid
B L E S S E D

Women are only poison to weak men. They're honey to strong men.

>330 degrees in celsius only makes weak beta paper burn
>true alpha chad paper loves that little heatin' things up!

He did it in revenge for his friend. Do you autists not know what friendship is?

In that given moment, he felt like it. He never cared for the consequences.

I'm also wondering why.

>Common theme with Camus, accepting moral responsibility for your actions despite the absurd
That's kind of interesting. I'm not sure if this was his intended meaning, but that's a lot of what I got out of Kafka's novels too. "Maybe if the MC stopped being such an asshole for five minutes, he would have gotten through that situation without fucking everything up."

A cursory reading or just looking at the synopsis makes it seem like it's literally /r9k/ the book.

How the fuck have you not read The Stranger? It's entry level. You have to go back!

>Mwahaaaaaaaaa the french

>should I have a cup of coffee or kill myself?

>when I saw this post, it had received 4 (You)s

Also, its like 120 pages long, anyone can read that in one sitting

He could have easily got out of it, just hire an actual lawyer and plea self defense. Why didn't he?

autism
not that it matters

I get a feeling the entire book went over your head entirely

It wouldn't have bothered me so much if the autist didn't sperg out so hard after being sentenced, though I suppose that the whole point was that his brand of autistic indifference leads to shit outcomes
fuck you nigger, I understand it on a level beyond your own comprehension

Would Camus have shitposted on /tv/ if he lived today?

If you understood it beyond my comprehension why don't you know why he didn't cite self defense?

If that is your way of reasoning you are the poisoned.

I'm gonna take you to the next level right here bro
>Desire is poison to the weak and honey to the strong

literally this