Christian Esotericism

Hello Veeky Forumsizens,

I write with a question many here may find cringey. I'm wondering how a Christian may pull off "magick" rituals.

I want to cast spells. I realize "prayer" is the obvious answer, but I want to follow strict ritualism -- in short, I just want to execute personalized Christian rituals (preferably which aren't considered too *terribly* unorthodox)

I think you know what I'm talking about. I dislike writing about it; I just want to do it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JZRcYaAYWg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you do that, you're no longer a Christian but an apostate.

There shall not be found among you any one who burns his son or his daughter as an offering,[a] any one who practices divination, a soothsayer, or an augur, or a sorcerer, or a charmer, or a medium, or a wizard, or a necromancer. (Deuteronomy 18:10-11)

And a number of those who practiced magic arts brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all; and they counted the value of them and found it came to fifty thousand pieces of silver. (Acts 19:19)

Surely there is some way? There are no real limits on what constitutes prayer; so long as no other god is being honored, surely there is no problem?

Saints have composed their own prayers which may have been considered unorthodox -- before, that is, they became saints.

Prophets have visions of the future.

Even OP pic related is something less than strictly "of The Book" -- or, perhaps, *more* than.

The Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkrantz

Dion Fortune

"Yogi Ramacharaka" (William Walker Atkinson)

>I want to empower myself/help people/get closer to God
>WHATAFACK DID U JUST SAY SUBJECT???
This is why the bible is shit.

Yes, but there is something of a difference, I should think, between what was being spoken of in Deuteronomy and of what I am speaking, is there not? I would not be piercing voodoo dolls or relying on my own personal power; I would only be trying to channel prayer (as do we all, if we pray) in a direction. Were that prayer accompanied by, say, geometrical figures, lit candles, and incantation (Psalms are great for this), then to what could Heaven object?

You realize that if you truly follow Christ and devote yourself to him you won't need any spells or tricks to do that stuff, right? Look at the saints, they didn't need magic or sorcery to attain communion with God or to do good to their fellow man.

Are you 12 or just retarded?

Well, there are more than a few saints who are fairly unconventional in the way they pursued closeness with God. "Christian Mystics" weren't just veritable Sauls and Fatimans who were subjects of the miraculous -- they sought it out through intense contemplation. Von Bingen (among others) conducted themselves rather differently than today's lay and ministry.

There can be more to it than that, for some. Just don't take the grey or black path

If things like memetics, prayer, spiritual warfare, and the power of intense contemplation strike you as child-like or retarded, then you are doomed. The well educated skeptic realizes the power of belief. Faith can, in fact, move mountains.

This person gets it.

This is fantastic. My thanks.

You don't get shit while just being "good".

Where did I say that? It's not about being "good," it's about devoting yourself to Christ above all other things, and about following Christ to whatever end, and allowing that devotion and commitment to totally alter your life. But it's definitely not about esoteric knowledge. All you need is the Bible and the Church.

I firmly believe the Latin Mass is the most powerful white magic "spell" (as it were) it is possible to do.

Maybe use The Mass's general form. Like, readings, Psalms, what-have-you. If you have a flare for the dramatic, then consider 3 candles, a bowl of objects based on the colors described on the liturgical calendar (in number of some significance), and singing Psalms such as can be found in an English Mass. Reminder: LATIN is your friend.

Go into the desert for 40 days. Bring only water and a Bible. Pray continually while fasting. I can assure you, you will experience God.

What, if anything, might be described as Esoteric?

It's an interesting topic. After all, public and famous as Aquinas might be, there are still hurdles through which one must go to approach his teaching; to pursue the esoteric is only to ponder that which others are afraid or unable to ponder. There's an elitism people read into esotericism that need not be; the esoteric, the mysterious -- ie, the secrets and the secretive. Well, not all secrets are kept with some kind of intent.

This would almost CERTAINLY work, although I doubt any modern Westerner would be able to do it without literally dying. (Which I guess would technically be experiencing God, but that's kind of cheating.)

I do think that all one needs to be Saved is the Bible and The Church. But are you and I going to sit here and pretend that Solomon, blessed with divine judgement and with limitless power over his land, did not master and execute some form of Christian Magic-Equivalent before his lust-related pride brought his line low? Come off it. There are "energies" or "channels of the Holy Spirit" or what-have-you available to SOME which others are fated never to know.

as far as I can tell, so long as one's soul and intent are focused on closeness with God, it is difficult, short of violating a Commandment or Sacrament, to fuck up. Even if one happened to fuck up, Christ would certainly look kindly on a cringy little neckbeard who wanted to LARP a little bit and approximate the Byron Orpheus his religion forbids him to be.

You can survive on water for over 40 days provided that you're decently healthy when you start.

Well these kooky kids managed to meet Dionysus so I'm sure you can have some luck with some dedication. Maybe lots of wine and incense and bread. Find a dark place in the woods and go for it.

Hey, if king Solomon was allowed to fuck with demons, so are you.

This is at the crux of the matter. Spells are self-interested. Prayer is Christ-interested.

The problem is mostly semantics. If you can do spells which are Christ-interested, you will be praying -- EVEN (that's right, I'll say it) if you lift rituals from other deities. Christ knows your heart and no one on this board can judge one's intent as can the holy Three.

So you recognize the bible makes no sense without magic, but then decide the likely explanation is magic must b real. And let me guess, you are one of the chosen few wizards, aren't you Harry?

This. Solomon was the shit.

You are coming closer to the truth at the heart of the matter. The mysteries are being revealed albeit at a sluggish pace. We are approaching an escape velocity and then suddenly, everyone will see who the One is...

christcucks aren't allowed to do magick dummy

the closest you'll get to a "magick ritual" is the latin mass or orthodox liturgy

Unironically go back to r/atheism.

It is so goddamn obvious that "magic" exists - ugh, I can't stand the close-mindedness of "open-minded" people. Irreconcilably narrow.

Go on. . . .

Shh...the less they know the better.

Solomon ultimately worshiped strange gods and presided over the downfall of the united Israel. Why does everyone forget that part?

Solomon is certainly a kind of magical entity, but it's awkward for the Christian that it's mostly Rabbinical literature which ascribes to him his various artifacts and powers. I'll need to crack my Bible open when I get home and see whether the Christian perspective also ascribes dominion over parts of the sky (ergo angels / demons) to him. . . .

Blast, you're right... let us continue this conversation over email. Or perhaps discord? Whereof one must not speak, thereof one must be silent... and pray.

kek

>that pic
[[Kalin intensifies]]
upvote if you get the reference ;^)

His worship of strange gods was LITERALLY a mere byproduct of his unquenchable taste for pussy. The dude accumulated untold concubines. Worth remembering that EVERYTHING HE DID was not only allowed, but loved, by God, except for breaking the 1st commandment -- and even then, it wasn't Solomon, but his offspring, who paid for it.

>His worship of strange gods was LITERALLY a mere byproduct of his unquenchable taste for pussy.

And what does THAT tell you? Lust and thirst are of the Devil. Disregard women, acquire holiness. The priests and friars are right.

Joan of Arc was considered an apostate for some time. In fact, just take a casual stroll through an edition of "Book Banned on Religious Grounds" and you'll find that the Church, though protected by God, Himself, is (as it should be) extremely SLOW and CAUTIOUS in regards to all things Mystical, Spiritual, or otherwise for people who are not normies. The Bible can't out and say, Yeah, those whose faith is powerful and who are spiritually gifted are kind of magical --- that would turn a lot of normies off. The idea is to convert the whole world!

>implying those powerful priests don't have catamites behind the scenes to "calm" them

And if you think the Vatican is a force for good in this world you truly are naive.

I've always wanted to go to Chartres. The labyrinth is one of my favorite hijacked symbols for the Church. It just lends itself so well to Catholic theology and Christian mysticism. I've read that there are gargoyles at Chartres Cathedral that are invisible to all but a single vantage. Now that approaches the "divine" or "sacred" or "magical" "symbolism" OP is after.

Chaos magick my friend. Free your mind.

It's corrupt. But, spiritually, The Church remains a force for good. It's just that the Vatican seems to be lost real estate.

Majick? Fool, you are not ready.

They definitely have a point. But so do Mormons. Generally, the putting of women into the role of woman and men into the role of men is what seems to produce positive results.

Any books with vibes like Castlevania Symphony of the Night? Christianity's most obvious commercial magic is in putting down other kinds of magic. Kind of like Templars in Dragon Age -- Magic only insofar as it kills magic.

>It's corrupt.

Possibly the biggest understatement in human history, but whatever.

I disagree. Here are some reasons why:
youtube.com/watch?v=JZRcYaAYWg4
There is also a shorter version.

Try speaking to angels.

My Enochian is shit tho.

>implying I'm going to believe a fucking word Christopher "Celestial North Korea" and Stephen "pedophile" Fry have to say about the Catholic Church

I'm a practicing Catholic, user, of course I believe the Vatican is a force for good. I'd even go so far as to say that, of all the institutions in human history, the Vatican has the best help vs harm balance. That doesn't mean it hasn't done some terrible things, because all institutions operated by humans for a long period of time inevitably do. But I think it's better than, say, the United States, despite existing for far longer.

You don't have to. They cite sources.

I think you may have a very screwed perspective of the huge quantity of fucked up shit the Church was directly and indirectly involved with in a little over a millennia...
It has a couple genocides under its belt. I believe the USA has maybe one.

Inevitably biased sources given their preexisting inclinations. I'm just flat-out not going to take either of them seriously, because I know what they're bringing to the table.

That's why it's a debate, m8.
It's literally the most balanced way you can attack a topic.

On another note, what are some french, theological literature worth checking out?

The United States is among the most wicked and vile sources of evil in the history of mankind.

I was gonna disagree, but then I remembered that they never apologized for using the most vile weapon ever. And they never will, either.

Read the Anonymous Meditations on the Tarot, user. It's the best thing there is on Christian Hermeticism.

Hebrew is a sacred language, yiddish is a decadent patois

Hebrew is a face modern language.
I believe you were looking for Aramaic.

No, he's talking about HEBREW, Biblical Hebrew from thousands of years before the birth of Christ. The actual language of the ancient Jewish people. According to Jewish lore Hebrew was the first language ever spoken by humans, and it's the language in which God (the one true God) first spoke to men. It's the original language of humanity, and all the rest only came after speech was "confused" at the Tower of Babel. So it's understandably considered to be pretty potent from a religious/mystical perspective.

Ah, that Hebrew.
Well, if you believe that, you might as well believe most of the Talmud and Kabbala.

Including Lilith being the first waifu and not a succubus.

Institutes of the Christian Religion B-)

You'd have to look at some earlier books from the church and potentially monastic texts.
Ritualistic divination etc. was at least practiced in the church early on as well as forms of necromancy (or at least talking to the dead not just through prayer etc).
I can't recall names of the books, it's been too long. But there are such texts out there.

The most important thing is you, God wants you to be you not to a blind follower.
If you follow your true will you do good otherwise you are doing evil.
If he doesn't want this he isn't God, just a tyrant, which is exactly what the OT "god" is.

The current status of christian threads in this board is so saddening... This opposition of /pol/'s ejaculation "memetics/occult" etc. worthy of /x/, in their utilitaristic and lunatic essence; on the other side of faulty, reactonary, sterile, untruthful "bible is the only thing you need".

Get to know yourself and God through positivity, curiosity, pain, faith... Faith in His work and those of the humans that preceded you in this quest.

> Dear God, I cannot love Thee the way I want to. You are the slim crescent of a moon that I see and my self is the earth’s shadow that keeps me from seeing all the moon. The crescent is very beautiful and perhaps that is all one like I am should or could see; but what I am afraid of, dear God, is that my self shadow will grow so large that it blocks the whole moon, and that I will judge myself by the shadow that is nothing.
> I do not know you God because I am in the way. Please help me to push myself aside.
(Flannery O' Connor)

If God wanted you casting spells like an autistic witch he would have mentioned it. You want to cast spells because you want to feel as if you have influence and power. You are wire, not the switch.

..in french

A Christian's power comes from God, and takes no ritual, no sorcery. Don't believe the false equivocating that the magicians make in their ignorance of the truth.

All it takes is faith, hope, and love presented to God in thanksgiving, praise, and worship in steadfastness. Divorce your self from sin and the love of the world and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ - he is the end, and the means to that end.

The only prize worth getting is Christ.

Nonsense.

This is in direct contradiction to God's commands.

Take nothing from the worship of false gods or sorcery.

Don't you know a little leaven leaven's the whole loaf?

BE HOLY FOR HE IS HOLY.

>the will of man surpasses, in importance and sanctity the will of God
>NT God wants you to follow your own will

Absolute nonsense. Not only is this completely untrue to what Christ had to say on the matter, but it also contradicts everything Paul and James had to say on the matter.

The OT God and the NT God are one and the same, and both require man to die to himself and live to God.

You exalt the self-will, not realizing that your will cannot sustain your self, nor can it save, nor can it provide for you one thing apart from the mercy and grace of God.

"If God withdrew His breath, man would return to the dust."

>One of the many man-sustaining mercies upon which we depend.

If you follow your real will without being blinded by worldly affairs and its vices you are following God's will.
Will isn't mere doing what is pleasurable, that's the lower will attracted to lower things, the ego's will.
Real will is doing what you want while being divorced from the flesh and thus living truly without its traps.
Everything else is just noise, or "memes".

God must become man, and man must become God. Heaven msut become one with the earth, and the earth msut become a heaven, so that her will may become the will of heaven" - Jacob Boehme

“Lapis philosophicus is what it is, and always has been, and does what it does, and always has done, in terms of how it affects and changes those few who have succeeded in their decades-long endeavour and thus discovered it, and discovered it where it has always been hidden.”

Good texts:
The Hermetic Tradition - Evola
The Way to Christ - Boehme
The Imitation of Christ - Kempen
Theosophia Practica - Gichtel
The Book of Supreme Truth - John Ruysbroeck
Bhagavad Gita

Alchemy texts proper:
Rosarium Philosophorum - Rosary of the Philosophers
Splendor Solis (with text www.rexresearch.com/splsol/trismosin.htm)

Fiction:
Golem and The Green Face by Meyrink

Alchemy tends to give nature the state of perfection which it lacks. The symbols are interesting, though.