What the fuck do I get for my mom's birthday...

what the fuck do I get for my mom's birthday? She's read most of the books recommended on here and I don't want to get a giftcard

(pic unrelated)

Amerika

get her a nice edition of her favorite book.
hm, a really fine candle is always good.
really fucking nice paper, if she writes or likes to send cards out for holidays.
the door from nyrb.
a subscription to a literary mag.
there's lots of stuff.

Lol is she a literature professor or something? I doubt she's read most of the Canon.

I'm looking for books that she probably hasn't read. Everyone knows the good books everyone's read like 1984 and gatsby but what about the ones that are only moderately popular?

it would depend greatly on your mother's literary tastes. what does she like? by the way, the door by magda szabl was a book suggestion.

how is that even a question?

This is Veeky Forums super wall.
█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████▀█░████████▀███▀░░▀█░███░░▀███▀░░░▀█▀░░▀█
████░██░███████░████░██░█░█████░███░█████░██░█
███░███░░░████░█████░░░▄█░████░████░██░░█░██░█
██░████░██░██░██████░████░███░█████░███░█░██░█
█▄█████░░░▄█▄███████░████░░░█▄░░███▄░░░▄█▄░░▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████
Help put up a wall around Veeky Forums to keep /b/ out.

I'm not from /b/, she's just read a lot more than I have.

lol

hey user it's my birthday today can you make me a version of that wall that say /pol/ pls go instead?

>I don't want to get a giftcard

Why? What's wrong with getting her a fucking giftcard so she can choose a book she actually fucking wants instead? Why do you want your mother's birthday present to be proof that she failed as a parent?

Get her some flowers, you knob.

My mom hasn't read a book in 40 years.

A giftcard is a lazy low effort gift :(
I don't think she's read much that was published in the past 20 years so maybe 2666?

The Conspiracy Against the Human Race

Asking a bunch of a pseuds on the internet what to get your mum for her birthday is lazy and low effort. Your mum probably isn't a cunt, my dude. Get her some buds and say, "Oi, mum, I got you these. You're a special lady, thanks for wasting all that time raising me."

Or, like the guy above somewhere said, get her a copy of Oedipus and ask her if she wants your present.

>A giftcard is a lazy low effort gift :(
Then get a box at a crafts store and make it really fucking pretty and get her flowers and wine with it.
It's all about how you package it.

Get her a son who cares about her enough to know what she likes.

Ride the Tiger

What does your mother like? What are her favorite genres?
Personally I'd recommend either "A Skeleton in God's Closet","Black Order", or "Sniper". I have read and enjoyed each of them. "Sniper" in particular is rather short, good for an afternoon read.

David Benatar - Better Never to Have Been

Get her a Thomas Bernhard or Laszlo Kraznahorkai book because she has absolutely not read either of them.

The Wedding by Yann Queffelec, the ultimate in "autistic boy in love with his bitch mother" fiction.

Get her Kafka on the Shore

there is no way to accurately test intelligence of race isolated from social issues that might act as a third variable

hasn't stopped universities from organizing intelligence by race.

the variable of social segregation itself is the proof. look at it this way, if there were differences on either side that were ignored as a result of sufficient intellectual cooperation, and could give more clarity to the subtle nature of physical discrepancies, then it would be a clear indication that the differences were indeed subtle. but in reality, the fact that there are social manifestations is a confirmation itself of differences between the two. enough for the social aspect to exist at the very least.

Are you actually ignoring the fact that the white race has always been in control? That whites have had access to autonomy, money, education and cultural authority since the dawn of the US?

You don't think that would have any impact on social status over time? Like do you actually believe that this is anywhere near plausible?

researchers of psychology and psychometrics at least know not to draw conclusions from research that the research can't prove. If anything, one could look at the research and draw conclusions of what socio-economic status and historical oppression does to a race. You don't believe me? You don't have to, because there is no research to prove my thesis. Like there is no research to prove the racial/biological thesis on intelligence and hence one should stay the fuck away from drawing conclusions from it

are you ignoring that same fact in favor against a difference in the intellecual capabilities of the various races? i suppose they accidentally tripped into such power to mold the world to their devices? a mere twist of fate? no, certainly not racially attributable ingenuity.

I don't get what you're saying, I don't know if it's because I have a concussion and am sleep deprived but if you could type out your argument in clearer terms I'd be able to respond to it

Give her $20. It's the most versatile gift for $20.

Get her "For My Legionaries"

you say the skew of data is a result of the whites interference in social superiority, quite literally owning the competition. i'm asking you if that doesn't confirm even further the discrepancy of racial intellect. basically, how could whites hold literal control without being somehow intellectually superior in the process.

is this bait? how are you on Veeky Forums and dont understand that there are congenital intelligence differences between the races? have you ever interacted with someone not of your own race? what did you get a concussion doing or is that part of the bait

Just get her flowers, user. With a note that says (you) love and appreciate her. It'll make her happy.

Gilead. It's a father's note to his son, but she may like it all the same.

Start with the Greeks (Oedipus).