Please recommend anti-civilisation works

Please recommend anti-civilisation works.

>books
>anti-civilization
Just doesn't add up, bud. Pre-civilization populations were illiterate

unabomber manifesto

This makes sense if 'civilization' is distinguished from 'culture' via Spengler. In which anti-civilization=against the contemporary way that life is lived. The Una-bomber tract, with its sophomoric mash-up of Freud and Nietzsche, could then be cited as an instance.

This is 'if you buy things you can't be a communist' tier reasoning.

>textiles
>obsidian
>ANTLER
>sedentary
>corestones
>BOW AND MOTHER FUCKING ARROWS

Nigga they so advanced the only thing they missin is WIFI I'm talking Upper Paleolithic mufucker like Meso I just be sitting down oh shit it's a city nigga

Daniel Quinn, Derrick Jensen and Zerzan are the ones I know.

I always feel deeply nostalgic when I see images like this. Though I guess it wasn't as peaceful as it seems.

Depends.
Hierarchy was there, violence also, but it differed between tribes. From what've read.

The Qur'an

>hierarchy was there

Not really. You might have some elders or such looked up to for general advice and direction but there was no fixed leadership.

Tolkien

Thoreau maybe?

>peaceful
There are fucking weapons at the front of the picture.

Yes there was. This image is from a book I'm reading at the moment. And even then there is a dominance hierarchy like with bonobos, chimps and gorillas.

Absolute brainlet

What's the book?

Walter Scheidel - The Great Leveler. A history book on inequality. It is rather dark.
I was suprised that communism, or rather the wealth redistribution part, actually works, just only temporarely. And well, like I wrote, it is rather dark so far.

i don't know any specific work but i know that rousseau believed that people are good by nature but become corrupted by civilization.

Yeah the truth is that communists who buy things are unethical and not to be taken seriously. But they're still communists

>Ethical consumption
>Under capitalism
boi

Solidified social hierarchies of power are likely more a function of group size than anything else.

Interesting, I didn't know about that.

Thanks senpai.

No communist should ever be taken seriously.

>peaceful means vegan

Conan the Barbarian? Its pulp, but its pretty much the best pulp there is, and while Conan is somewhat civilised in it, he's become king of a land that is not his own after all, there is an underlying theme of his contempt for civilisation as a veneer of pretenses that makes people petty and weak. "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split" and all that.
Can't think of a more literary example right now.

My diary.

How will you create inequality if every cunt can pick a berry?

cuz high priest chadzor the wise will curse your family if you dont sacrifice your berries the berry god which happens to live in the basket outside high priest chadzor's teepee

Chad's are warriors, priests are the smart betas that manipulate them.

did you even read the genealogy of morals?

sorry faggot in aryan indian the brahmins are the top caste not that kashatrya, moreover, last century the jews got literally millions of non-jews to kill themselves in order to secure israel

top cast doesn't mean chad. chad's are generally useful idiots.

This.
And Hobo-Greek.

Nobody should ever be taken seriously.

>order anti-civ book on amazon
>get in the mail a 20 pound rock with shit smears poorly depicting a caveman being forced into a desk job painted on all sides

There is no civilization, by definition. We like to throw that word around because a System of Confines to Quell Fear and Violence just doesn't really work as a name. There is no pre-civilization because there is no such thing as civilization in the world beside as a term we like to use to describe something we don't understand

>dude civilisation is relative LMAO

t. absolute pseud

>books == works
>not knowing what the oral tradition is

Did I say it was relative penis breath?

Sorry I don't speak gay, can you say that in English? Actually just shut up

HAHAHAHA XD

My self's property by Max Forehead

I'm glad you enjoyed my meme, friend.

Derrida - Of Grammatology
Foucault - Discipline and Punish
Heidegger - Being and Time
Any major American newspaper

From a certain point of view I think these are really fitting recommendations and I’d add "The Book of the New Sun" and "A Canticle for Leibowitz" as well. The main point here doesn’t seem to be so much "civilization is bad", but
1) civilization is not necessary
2) civilization enables the greatest evils
3) nature / chaos will always prevail in the end

Also I think it’s noteworthy that most authors of "high" literature have lived amongst their kind, in cultured circles. The existence of which is tied very much to civilization.
Hence these authors will probably not be writing anti-civilization works.

Which reminds me of what I read yesterday, about Bolaño having actively fled the literary circles he had been part of. Maybe 2666 can be understood as opposing or attacking civilization: Its darkness is mythical and the forces of order are absent / weak / corrupted. In this regard it is very interesting that the Fürst Pückler Ice appearing at the very end is such a prime example of a distinguished, civilizatory good.

Blood Meridian

How has no one suggested Walden yet?

Wow, aren't you clever.

So!e of Rousseau's works might fit.

Blood Meridian, like all of McCarthy's novels, is decidedly pro-civilization. The underlying reason why the southwest was so violent as depicted in the book is because of the lack of civilization. The epilouge offers a bit of hope as it depicts workers digging fence posts, with the implication that civilization is on their heels. Also recall the theme of "carrying the fire" in The Road. This same idea is alluded to in No Country, especially in the sherrifs recounting of his dreams to his wife, where he tells of his father carrying a horn full of embers to make a fire. And notice in Child of God how as Lester becomes more isolated from society, eventually regressing to the state of a caveman, he becomes more and more depraved.

Cuz Thoreau was a dilettante

Debt: The First 5,000 Years is probably what you're looking for. It's written by probably the most well-known academic with anarchist leanings writing today and makes some very interesting points even if you don't have any time for anarchism as an ideology yourself.

Industrial Society and Its Future

You don't know what communism is, so stop talking about it.

Yeah, Zerzan and other Anarcho-primitivists

I agree with your points but I was more pointing OP towards the "capabilities of humanity" aspect of the novel, which is decidedly uncivilized.

There are similar evils in The Road but they are not nearly as vivid.

He is a luddite, but I'm not certain he is anti-civ. He is definitely not anarcho, nor primitivist tho.

weak bait

How stupid are you guys?

Almost all Romanticism and transcendentalism, and most existentialism.

It's more of a challenge to find major literature in the past two centuries that isn't anti-civilization in some starry-eyed, naive liberal way.

cf. 37 posts above your own. also, it was seconded. sayin.

Maybe we have cows posting.