Watches videodrome once

>watches videodrome once

>Understands Cronenburg, understands the work.

btw anyone read Cronenberg's book? it's alright. Shades of DeLillo and Pynch mixed with his body horror.

>Shades of DeLillo and Pynch

I like this new meme where any absurdist literature is called Pynchonesque

no

>watches network once

I said shades, calm down user.

pleb

Cronenberg isnt a great director.

He once was though. Most of his body horror stuff is kino.he really went to shit when he stopped adapting Burroughs and Ballard and started adapting Bruce fucking Wagner.

I don't know much about Cronenberg, but Eastern Promises was great and that was one of his contemporary films, right?

At least that film mantained his body horror in some sense, in a far subtler way (the naked fight for example)

>steals from McLuhan once

so......THIS is the water

God, I'm imagining what I would think seeing someone dress like that...

Really shows how shitty the literary establishment is atm, when this faggot is glorified, hopefully soon people will come to realize that his essays and short stories were alright but IJ and the other novels are shit

Eastern promises is great. There would have been a sequel as well but some studio head didn't like the idea

>stoop kid sits on stoop

I was a student of his. He kept trying to trade us copies of his books for weed. He took us to his volvo and he had a trunk full of Infinite Jest novels and Infinite Jest T-Shirts, neither of which he could find a trade partner for, although some of the kiss-ass students bought a copy of the novel.

He apparently wanted to add IJ to the curriculum, but there was a policy against teachers adding their own commercial literature to the study list. I can only imagine what that class would be like.

>"I don't appear on a television screen, unless I appear ON a television screen."

Videodrome was hilarious

I like his older work (Scanners, Videodrome) but his post-2000 stuff doesn't do anything for me. A History of Violence felt like an R rated tv movie.

>Infinite Jest T-Shirts sold by Deefwuh himself
You should have bought a dozen on the condition that he sign them with an original witty remark about water. They'd be worth a fortune by now.

I don't believe you but it definitely feels right. I don't get why people think dfw was any better than any other writer.

do americans really dress and sit like this?

ye

He sounds pretty calm desu

>The way this person dresses shows how shitty the literary establishment is atm
Fucking materialist

What did he wear the bandana?

i love this meme, was instrumental in its creation. well part of it. i had a different version of it.