VN

Have you ever read any Visual Novels such as Fate or Katawa Shoujo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CksDGYA9DUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.

I got memed into reading F/SN. Wish I'd just started with the Anime, what a waste of time.

This is fucking Veeky Forums not fucking /a/
get out of here with that weeb shit faggots

Try Dies Irae. It's better than F/SN.

VNs actually go on /jp/ and Veeky Forums, not /a/.

I firmly believe that visual novels are the best format.
They have the story depth of a LN, the visuals from manga, the audio from anime, and the interactivity of a game.
They are perfect to me

Steins;Gate. It was pretty good. Had a nice ending.

YUNO
U
N
O

youtube.com/watch?v=CksDGYA9DUQ

They have a lot of potential as a format, but so far there hasn't been any that have successfully used the format to produce a genuinely literary/artistic (as supposed to commercial/genre) work. I thought KS had a chance due to its independent and non commercial nature, but only Rin's route was anywhere near that level (being about how people interpret/react to art instead of focusing on a cliche romance)

Do you know Japanese?

What visual novels have you played?

Only Otome games

Literally more video game than literature, OP. This is more suitable to /v/ or /a/ than Veeky Forums.

Root Letter was cool though.

I liked saya no uta

But DESU theyre all bad

read the myths instead you fucking brainlet

You can't fuck female King Arthur in the myths though.

no but that lady of the lake always got a wet pussy mhmm nigga

I tried playing Katawa Shoujo and was frustrated by how slow it was. Having to sit through the same bullshit scenes repeatedly and weak set-up premises simply to get more than one thin storyline. I can only imagine they'd appeal to people who read as slowly as the text appears on the screen.

Katawa Shoujo is mediocre as far as VNs go. Regardless, most games should let you change the speed at which the text appears. They'll also have a Skip function so you don't have to read things over and over.

Still pisses me off to have it appear one line at a time.

I can understand that, but It's necessary to fit the text with the changing character illustrations.

I really loved 999, but mostly how it used the DS to make a plot twist.

Maybe, but I don't find the changing illustrations really add much to it either. The music's often nice though.

You could try one in a different format. Some user mentioned Saya no Uta / Song of Saya earlier. That's written like a novel and shows a "page" of text on screen at a time. You still have to click through to make the paragraphs show up, but IIRC you can set it so that it all just appears instantaneously instead.

I could, but why would I?
>a Lovecraftian horror visual novel ... with erotic content.
I wouldn't choose to read this if it was a novel, why would I read it in a format I'm uncomfortable with?

It's a suggestion. Take it or leave it.

>Four Leaf Studios, the creators of Katawa Shoujo, was made by frequenters of Veeky Forums's /a/ board.

Just watch Fate/Zero, which was written by Gen Urobuchi. Nasu is a terrible writer

>more video game
There is nothing video game about it besides selecting different dialogues.

What do you expect. I believe it was made by people who browse /a/. It's also about handicapped people.