twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Actually, it was satire.

Wrong that's the word of God

God doesn't exist.

Yes He does

You don't read the same Bible twice.

Yes, He does.

Prove it.

Your first task is to understand there are many different genres of books between those covers.

The Bible and the reality people live in. Also, prove that He doesn't.

and non-fiction and poetry too.
The Bible isn't a book, it's a collection of books.

>Bible is fiction
Actually that shit is bait OP.

I hold the presence of God to be self-evident through my faith in my knowledge of Him.
If logic can not analytically display that truth then it is because our logic is insufficiently developed

*tips*

Much of it is, and so must be the assumptions and conjectures of atheists.

And all of history was subjected to corrupt bourgeoisies authors who sought to abuse the documentation of an event to create law. Now you understand why the british government is the only trustworthy author of primary sources. | They are weak atheists and they don't give a fuck; lol.

Fiction is true, though, so: big deal.

>The Bible
The Bible is fiction
>and the reality people live in
It proves atheism more than religion
>Also, prove that He doesn't.

- The world is not 6000 years old, thanks to some very old Zircon rock, we know it's at least 4.543 billion years old.

- We now know there was no Adam and Eve, evolution has been proven on a genetic level.

- The Big Bang happened, its afterglow can be seen today.

- Out of body experiences and near death experiences occur in all cultures regardless of one's faith.

- They can be induced in a lab using the God Helmet (google it, it's pretty cool). It's now understood as a product of human biology.

Upboated!

>- They can be induced in a lab using the God Helmet (google it, it's pretty cool). It's now understood as a product of human biology.

No, clearly this helmet promotes spiritual experience. We should thank Christ that we have been granted this educational aid, you should try wear it yourself

>Having rational thought is reddit.

>the bible says God's real, and God says the bible's real, and the bible says God's real, and God says the bible's real, and
I've never understood this argument.

>rationality is whatever I believe to be the case

Serious question time. If you can grant that people have had experiences of God intuitive or otherwise while you I will grant have not. Then where do you expect this to come down to a matter of reason and not rather both sides simply operating on separate but private phenomenal evidence

>The world is not 6000 years old

This is so fucking cringey. I don't know what's worse, people who believe that the Bible is literal or chin straps who think fighting against these people make them righteous. Why don't you go to the amazon and tell the indigenous tribes that drinking the blood of the dead won't make them live on in the Spirit realm? Or do you have to wait for that band wagon to come along?

Do you have autism? Just asking.

>Phoneposter is retarded
Who could've guessed?

No I'm like almost Borderline, the opposite of autism

How are they opposites?

This is water.

fuck man i slept in DFW a couple nights ago. filthy.

One is characterized by a rigid consistent and overly attached identity while the other by radical suspicion, emotional turmoil and ambivalence towards that same identity

I think its a mixture of historical events,means of brainwashing and philosophy.
I wouldnt call it pure fiction.

>- The world is not 6000 years old, thanks to some very old Zircon rock, we know it's at least 4.543 billion years old.
Actually, you only know that the zircon rock has contained trace elements for at least 4.543 billion years which would be measured. We know the material predates the earth. Just as the material of your fingernails predate your body by at least 4.543 billion years. The assumption that this date has anything to do with the nascence of Earth comes from bad science journalism inserting preconceptions from the culture of science journalists. Good scientists only posit what is known; they try not to let preconceptions factor into their conclusions.

>We now know there was no Adam and Eve, evolution has been proven on a genetic level.
Evolution has been observed on a genetic level. It is like asking the river, why do you flow? The river answers: I flow, observe my mechanism. Wow river, that's some good flow. ... But what was upstream?

You will laugh at the metaphor. But the majority of professionals who work in these fields of discovery recognize the fact that they may not be able to discern where the river flows by observing its mechanism.

>Out of body experiences and near death experiences occur in all cultures regardless of one's faith.
And one might say that the faith and mechanism of faith occur in all cultures regardless of one's faith. You do not alter the reality of the world you are born into by simply having the wrong belief about it. You ought to have realized that.

>They can be induced in a lab using the God Helmet (google it, it's pretty cool). It's now understood as a product of human biology.
I was disappointed. Apparently the effects of the God Helmet have not been verified by independent reproduction. And so what if there is a biological trigger for the paranormal? There may have to be. The God of the bible admits to interfacing with humans through the sensation of vision, sound and touch. The raw sensation does not matter until a motivation is behind it.

>God says the bible's real
No he does not. The Bible is not unity but a collection of books, it's more of a library. That said, there are many different genres within the bible ranging from historiosophy to mythologie to philosophy and poetry. Try to see it this way user, I'm going to be using JP's argument even though everyone here hates him but regardless-- is a great work of literature 'untrue' because the events told in it are fictional? In other words, is every word in Hamlet 'untrue' because this was not a true account of the history of Denmark? I would say no. the Bible never claims to be the perfect accurate word of God and I think it would be silly to regard it as such.

check out this lecture (not JP): youtube.com/watch?v=mo-YL-lv3RY&list=PLh9mgdi4rNeyuvTEbD-Ei0JdMUujXfyWi

t. not a christfag but very interested in the bible

Well, he has been dead for a while.

mmmm, delicious free water

Instead of autistically screeching at the Bible, why don't you start with pic related. You may learn a thing or two.

I don't care about fairy tales.

Just came here from /mu/. Laughing my ass off. This is how you b8 and meme here? You guys having a grand old time?

You literally prescribe everything you complain about as though it were exclusive to Christianity or the bible.

Seriously, read the book if you actually care about having a sense of context not only for the genesis of the idea, but the evolution of those ideas. Or keep being a pseud whose interest lies in self-aggrandization about your subjectively enlightened perception ("Oh, I am so smart! None are as smart as me!") of an idea rather than the tangible human reason for and conception of the very same ideas.

Don't you have someone else's taste in music to emulate while feigning a sense of personal identity?

Its funny how many atheists you find who make arguments against the bible without actually having read through it, and who spout the same shit as a result of instead going to google for their ideas.
I'm guessing you skipped the iliad as well.

back to your containment board cuck

>calling me an atheist
I don't even know how you had the confidence in yout breadth of knowledge anout my beliefs to determine such a thing, but continue on your way prescribing people's beliefs TO them rather than asking questions. You will make a lot of alliances, I am certain.

mu is for people who don't like music bruh, tell us how this is different

>tfw the Bible is the best copypasta ever written

Were you or ?
If you were the former then nah I didn't call you an atheist but its funny that you replied that way because it brings up a good point about reading statements on the internet and understanding them as direct attacks on the self and its counter-productivity to discussion. I replied to you in the manner of "don't bother with " since he's very clearly decided to keep his eyelids closed to any viewpoint other than the one prescribed to/for him by anyone else but himself.

>since he's very clearly decided to keep his eyelids closed to any viewpoint other than the one prescribed to/for him by anyone else but himself.
Is it that hard for you to comprehend that I just don't believe in a fucking fairy tale? I only care about scientific viewpoints, I'm too old to study a 2017 year old story about a big man in the sky that gets mad if you jack off.

BACK OFF

>2017 year old

I was the first, posting the "History of Religious Ideas" books and, yeah, one sort of has to regard the nature of Veeky Forums in a specific way of being more conducive to hostility and abject meming and contests of oneupmanship shitposting, that it is hard to believe if anyone is even taking seriously whay you wrote or is just saying nonsense to say nonsense and farm replies. I actually considered after the fact that you were replying to the other guy in the context of the other quoted post but it was too late.

Keep on keeping on, friendo. No harm, no foul.

ok my man I know you're baiting but damn if you are sincere you are almost the dumbest fucking atheist i've ever communicated with

>Believes in a fairy tale
>Thinks he has the right to speak of other people's intelligence.

BTFO LMAOO

>implying I believe in anything
>making that assumption in the first place

see? u dumb.

>>implying I believe in anything

Pure ideology

>that body
Gosh

I think you're an asshole. If you disagree it's because your reasoning is insufficiently developed to realise it.

new phone who dis