Rupi Kaur = Indian

And her poetry involves not pooing in the loo.

You can't make this up.

how can
we even marry
you have no cow
no dowry

If that's your social media account you're extremely cancerous to Veeky Forums and should stick to normie channels. Even posting it means you should do that, honestly.

More like Poopi Kaur

Im genuinely interested in the data behind who is buying M&H, and why. It is a very, very bad book. It is topical, obvious, uninteresting, and completely incoherent. And yet it's a total success.

Even if you say, "hurr durr diversity is all that matters in publishing," that doesn't account for everything. There are terrible books with poor sales that have been published. This means that, for some reason, people find something redeeming about this turd of a book.

Anybody have any actual data breakdown or insider knowledge from the industry?

it has a voodoo curse placed upon it to make it sell ten thousand copies for every thread made about it on Veeky Forums

No different to the "Bestsellers" in any book store that are unheard off in cultural circles but somehow sell by the boatloads, I've seen it's already on half price offer in UK Easons

Will she win a major literary prize when a thread reaches the bump limit?

who fucking leaked

>some sort of coherent rhyme scheme
you gotta try harder than that

anyone else legitimately mad that bitch be published?

look at the cover. it has the same color scheme as sartres nausea. put a bee on it. just b urself. i put milk on coffee. i put honey on tea. drink coffee or tea with poetry. diversity. publicity.

Why do you guys talk about her so much?

I live in New York City (not bragging, is relevant) and have three friends who are "higher ups" in the publishing industry. As an aspiring writer, I asked them if they had any tips on getting my collected short stories published. They stated, word for word, the following (you won't be surprised):

1) Be a minority or a woman. We, along with the editors, get bombarded with emails about 'inclusion.' Inclusion is crucial right now.

2) Young Adult realism. YA dystopia/fantasy is oversaturated, but realistic stuff like 'bullying, menstration, divorce, puberty,' is really picking up.

3) Must be an ebook. Won't even consider publishing in paper from the getgo.

There you go. Tips from the inside.

I've seen it being consumed/purchased once.m it was by a wispy 17 year old girl on my town beach who, despite the heat, wore a very modest sun dress that suggested nothing of her skeletal body. I watched her, knowing the contents of the book,many she spent a solid 5-10 minutes a page, as if here were some mystery to the contents.

It's fairly obvious mate. A lot of people have written stuff as if their life depending on it, because they had something to say, and because they appreciate the value of literature in society. Those same people have probably written good stuff (better than M&H) and gotten rejected, arbitrarily or for a reason wholly unrelated to the text. And then she writes these godawful incoherent instagram poems and skyrockets to fame and fortune.

That said, I don't mind her. In fact I think she's important to a lot of people. But I can understand why people who take literature and/or poetry seriously would really detest her success.

Lmao what a waste of paper

IN

THE

LOO
O
O

>like by a bunch of normie instagram poets

lol cant they tell it's satire?

Is this thread like the Groundhog day threads on /tv/?

I see the same responses every time.

They are paid shills, just sage and hide.