So how do i serve this? hot? or cold out of the can?

so how do i serve this? hot? or cold out of the can?

i'm having a turkey dinner tomorrow and was wondering how to serve it.

Cold , you just pop it right out man

that's it? shouldn't it be warmed up?

Canned cranberry sauce? Just crack open the can on its own little plate, and guests can take a slice of it.

Pro tip: people will take a little bit, but you'll end up with half-a-can that nobody wants

Get a bag of cranberries and cook them in a pot with some sugar and a little bit of OJ.

It's not that hard.

i do this and my family will not fucking eat it
my dad has got to have the stuff from the can
he has a lot of weird hangups like that

like, he likes OJ from the frozen cardboard can, and when he makes it the first drink is poured into the cardboard can
one time my sister had it instead of him and he cried, no joke literally cried he was like 45 at the time
he's got a lot of shit going on about his childhood i think

Cranberries(the actual fruit) can be eaten cold, so yes.

This, oh and you'll probably have that one person who swears they love it more than live itself and can eat 6 cans! By the time dinners over the same damn will be missing 2 slices total.

Everyone has their own weird food preferences, but i think your dad might need some therapy.

i feel like it's supposed to be served warm, right? like warm sauce with warm turkey?

turkey dinner? on a monday? what's your problem..

>thanksgiving/christmas
>family comes from all over the country
>mom violently shakes this shit onto a plate
>makes a big deal of it, its a bit to her
>"JUST LIKE GRANDMA HARSHBARGER USED TO MAKE"
>"AHHAHAHAHHAHA"
>nobody else laughs
>we all eat our Indiana blandness in silence

Fucking cans of a condiment? Barbarians. I have 2 jars of cranberry sauce for tomorrow. Unscrew lid, spoon sauce out to taste, replace lid, refrigerate until required for the obligatory leftovers sandwiches later. Do you guys have cans of mayo or ketchup too?

Most amerifats unironically prefer the canned jell to homemade cranberry sauce which they consider too spicy.

Can confirm, my mom stopped making the real stuff when several guests at dinner asked if she had any "normal" cranberry sauce. She refuses to make it anymore even though I beg, because she's permabutthurt over a couple of subhumans not knowing what real food is. "No one appreciates it". I don't want to make it because the cranberry sauce was always her domain and it feels like encroaching.

I can understand why she's mad but I wish she would get over it.

Holy shit, too spicy? It's fruit and sugar, I thought they would just drink the stuff down.

i think its supposed to served cold, but dont be a fucking barbarian and just leave there as a cylindrical mass. mash it up so its actually spreadable on your slices of turkey or whatever. you all deserve a swift death if you dont do this

I'm the guy you're responding to and the reason I posted it is the same thing happened with my grandmother. She made a really flavorful cranberry sauce and one time several people asked if they could have the canned instead. She continued to make it but from then on always had a plate of the canned crap too. I know it must have hurt her feelings when people chose the canned, but I always made it a point to take a lot of it and praise it.

My mom refuses to let me make cranberry sauce because no one likes the small bits of fruit in it

You've never tried to enjoy good food with a typical whitebread americlap have you. They literally think a perfectly conventional dry red like a st-émilion or whatever is "too bitter", a red wine must have at least 18g/l rs, 13.9% abv, and obliterated with megapurple and vanilla wood, and have a "clever" name like "robber outlaw hangman truck big ass chicken cock red", otherwise they make loud gagging noises and ask if you have any "normal food" aka imperial stout beer with a cartoon dragon raping a cartoon fat chick on the label, and a slice of deep fried tater tot pizza with ranch dressing on top
Yeah she should really stop inviting those people over but it's not really for me to say, I don't live there anymore and it's an annual thing for her. I only visit for Thanksgiving every couple of years.
>a sauce made of fruit shouldn't have fruit
Sounds about right

I will admit I snorted some tea out of my nose reading that user, thanks for the laughs. Merry Christmas.

I dunno what you're talking about, I'll eat the rest of it when I'm around. If we were having guests, my family would buy an entire can just for me cause I'd leave others with none. I spent last Christmas locked up thanks to a bench warrant on a minor charge and they served us jelly packet sized things of cranberry sauce with our dinner that night. I went around the pod and snatched up any sauces that other inmates left on the table and snacked on cranberry sauce all night alone in my cell.

Unmould it, hide the sauce in the fridge for later, refill the can with red jello, and unmould that onto a plate.

OP should have invited me over. I'd finish off a couple of cans, easy, if nobody else wants to. I'm polite about it.

>too spicy
No. Most of the fancy-ass recipes do stupid things to the poor innocent delicious cranberries, like adding in orange zest or broccoli or some such shit.

You want to make homemade cranberry sauce? Cranberries + sugar + water, boil for a while. That's it. It's not fucking difficult. Don't overthink these things. Don't pollute them with all the garbage in your kitchen that you want to get rid of. Stop fucking it up.