Book of the new sun

>Pic related came in the mail today

Awwww yeah bois, time to stop being a confused piece of shit and get all those juicy answers

Haha
If only

Second reading, OP

How am I supposed to "enjoy" this series if half the words are intentionally opaque as fuck?

do some research
it's usually coming from latin, greek or french

sorry monolinguals don't apply

>this attitude
You'll never make it

>answers
Once you finish you'll probably have to go back to the beginning and start again if you really want to get it.

>opaque as fuck
stultus

CONTEXT

CLUES

I just started reading this. Am I reading it wrong or did Severian agree to save Thecla on the night of the festival, but then got drunk and raped her instead?

where are you getting that from?

You're getting everything wrong.

You're combining too many scenes or just misreading. That never happened.

Severian does rape Thecla, tho

What the fuck user?

Severian raped her sister, Thecla

He doesn't.
Nice

It's pretty fucking basic, really. You should understand most of the roots without so much as a history lesson for virtue of being literate in English

I don't have the book with me but IIRC he feels he hallucinates Thecla when he's drunk after the festival, and I was going by one of their earlier conversations and how she's described as reacting when he takes her to be tortured.

Severian didn't rape Thecla, what the fuck?
More worrying is the contradiction of him stating that he actually did fuck Thecla in the cell despite his numerous previous denials. I can imagine two possibilities, that he is confusing Thecla for the fake Thecla in the house azure, which is not supported by the implication of the statement, or that he is remembering one of his several timelines which is just too fucked to think about.
He did "rape" Jolenta though (even if the slut enjoyed it). Who wouldn't have?

You don't remember correctly. Read it three times, it is only implied he ate her out, and this might be a streach.

o would like dorcas more, desu
flat is justice

This user gets it

Dorcas 4 life. She is too pure

what's the best/most aesthetic edition of BotNS to buy?? havent read it yet btw

Probably the $80 hardcover that contains all 4 volumes

but you should probably read the book and decide if you like it or not