Where is he today?

where is he today?

Certainly not in this thread ;)

He lives in NYC I think.

he's eighty. he has trouble walking, he can't remember things, his eyes are bad, he's balding, his wife is balding and he can't get hard anymore. why doesn't his son call him more often? why doesn't the ipad his son got him ever seem to work? why do the icons keep changing? he watches TV and gets mad at Donald Trump and reminisces about the 50s and 60s when politicians - even the hyenas! - were professionals god damn it!!! he cringes at his early work and wonders why anyone ever read his books. he wonders if he ever had any real talent or if he was just faking it. he looks at that half finished draft on his table and wonders if he'll ever finish it. death is for him no longer some far off abstraction he can ramble on and on and on about in prose poetry, it is real, it is near, it is entirely boring to think about. he bemoans the left, his ineffectuality as a leftist, a revolutionary, his ultimate surrender. he does lots of crossword puzzles and reads Don Delillo's latest book, which he says is good.

>implying Pynchon is subject to the regular pitfalls of aging

Is that you Pinecone?

>he watches TV and gets mad at Donald Trump
doubt it. he saw it coming. and is probably delighted because it's funny

Hey since this is up I might as well ask, is there a somewhat wholesome 'report' or 'summary' on what little is known about this guy's life?
I know its kinda spoonfeeding but since there's (I presume) so little information I figured it'd be easy to share
Have a smoking asshole in return

He's been dead for a month but his family is waiting to break the news.

Thanks for making me depressed, asshole.

Imagine some unfinished magnum opus that will get released posthumously.

Chilling at home in his gaff. Probably goes on trips and sees old friends

age doesn't do well for someone's intelligent, nihilistic and wicked sense of humor. he's also a serious humanitarian and leftist, and while he might see past a lot of the liberal media's forced hysteria i can't imagine grandaddy pynchon being anything but disgusted at a business mogul/reality star running the country.

Fuck you

he has connections to stemcell/crispr life extension stuff. hes largely involved in a scholarly branch of military intelligence. a part of study that is unknown to the common civilian.

Playing CS 1.6

While rolling the meanest spliffs the world's ever seen

I'll have what this guy is having.

There was a reddit thread about someone saying Thomas Pynchon lived in their block (NYC, indeed). But who knows.
We can only hope for another Big Novel.

At the Charlottesville rally.

He plays for Barcelona FC

i believe :)

Seems like we're gonna have to let this go, comrade

He's crashing at my place for a bit. New novel's coming along well. Makes a mean alfredo sauce.

>not crysis on ult

i ran into him on the terrace of the Speke hotel in Kampala. He was drunk on gin and laughed when his pet monkey pressed its asshole against my nose

We must perservere.

Persevere* haha

A friend of mine went to NY to study english and his teacher said she knew him personally, so I think he lives there

come on, trump and trump's behavior looks taken straight from a pynchon novel. even Donald Trump looks like a name pynchon would have invented

>what did he mean with wearing a MAGA hat in the 90's?

exactly. he didn't write those characters because he liked the idea of them being in power. they were a worst case scenario if anything and now he has to live with the fact that they govern the world his children and grandchildren live in.