Are you reading this generation's philosophers yet?

Are you reading this generation's philosophers yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

juanfitzcarraldo.wordpress.com/
undergroundbooks.org/the-kitchen-poet/ronald-mcdonald-rei-koz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes. Graham Harman, Tristan Garcia, Francois Laruelle.

Parfit is dead.

I'll just leave this here...
juanfitzcarraldo.wordpress.com/

What is with this swarm of neo-Gnostic philosophical posturing?

This guy, Mundus.

Does that come off a neo-Gnostic?

Ah, Orgy of the Will. A true classic written by a self-described ubermensch who has nothing to show for his immense genius-like superiority over average humans other than having dropped out of his STEM program, subsisted by committing eBay fraud, and written this book and a few essays.

From a glance he seems to be a Platonist. While that is not a field I now a lot about it's a sister to Gnostism.

This one stood out to me as escpially lulzy and backwards

"Today intellectuals are too often apologists for their own impulses, for the impulses in general. This is precisely the sorry state of humanity today: even our “wise” men will no longer conceive of values over and above the demands of the impulses, and this not of out genuine preference, but because the nonexistence of all higher values is simply taken for granted."

>subsisted by committing eBay fraud
is it lucrative, how do i into ebay fraud?

You don't find that to be true?

I don't know, but for the Orgy of the Will guy, it was only "lucrative" in the sense that he stole enough money to live a couple years on, and now will spend the rest of his life being a fugitive from the law because of it.

is he the same as the mundus millenialis guy? they seem to suffer from a similar form of autism

I don't think you can do what icy did anymore. He basically built up his seller reputation with real transations that had several high price auctions all end in the same short time period. He quit simply took the money and never delivered. We have pay-pall now so you can't do that. Very clever for the time.

He's probably still doing criminal stuff. I think he see's it as a type of competition and enjoys the high stakes. I understand him. If I was smarter and had greater finesse I'd do big ticket crime too.

I don't think so. I don't know who wrote MM, but to me it seems more on the schizo side of things, whereas the Orgy of the Will guy is just sociopathic.

So you're agreeing with that post? No one conceives of higher values, only you claim this is because they don't actually exist. kek not gonna argue with you on this.

Do you think "values" have a seperate existence from the human brain, or that all human thought about values is not just an expression of emotion or "instincts".

If you don you seriously suck at biology.

Sorry. deleted old past cuz typos.

You were referencing this
And bro if you or this bozo wants to show values as having an existence outside of human thought, in the Platonic sense. You have a hell of a lot of work to do.

kek, also thanks for proving his point about "not being able to conceive higher values"

>will spend the rest of his life being a fugitive
What is prescription?

tfw rei only posts on Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums now

>Veeky Forums
>he posts on Veeky Forums
really? lol what kind of shit does he say there?

The ebay fraud was a onetime thing, he actually looks down on criminal activity. He worked as an aeroscape engineer for a time, who knows what he's doing now when he moves to a different city every three months.

REI KOZ is autistic, Icycalm is narcissistic.

I've seen him on /tv/

how do you know that much about him?
>If you want talk about values existing in a Platonic sense the ball is in your court to make it convincing.
Proving things is tedious. There's lots of literature already dealing with that. If you want proofs aphoristic quips like on that site are the wrong genre for you to be reading. As for the second part of your post: you're conflating vague, emotional, "unconscious" mysticism, with super-conscious, deliberate, and lucid varieties (which wouldn't properly be termed "mysticism" anyway).

The crime thing is interesting for psycho-analyzing him. He addresses it constantly even gives it an aphorism

>My detractors make light of my stealing from grannies on eBay. What's next, making fun of lions for eating gazelles? O the absurdities the weaklings will keep concocting to excuse their weaknesses! And if I and the lions are worthy of derision for preying on grannies and gazelles, what is to be said of those who are too scared to even do that much?

He likes his own crime because it's a type of competition. That's one of his favorite things.

Sorry, not sure what you're asking.
One way or another, he's an idiot, not a genius. A real genius ubermensch sociopath would have used his talents to get into politics or business, not crime.

What would he do in business or politics? His best bet for power is in writing and that doesn't take a lot of money.

It's not that hard, there's a ton of information on the internet about him. I'm not one of his deluded cultists who pays to be a part of his forum, but I do think he's an interesting guy. He's from a rich family that own a publishing company, he has some sort of obsession thing where he can't stop moving to different cities, but I think he lives in Lyon, France now. I could be wrong though. He's said before that he respects engineers and archeologists much more than criminals, and I'm pretty sure he did work as an aerospace engineer for a time, though he did drop out of the graduate program at the University of Washington after he was forced to flee the country after the Ebay fraud.

You misunderstand him. The whole point is his philosophy and writing. He sees the philosophers and people with new ideas as the ones who shape the world, like how Nietzsche's philosophy went on to influence the Nazis and so on. If you want to understand Icy you have to understand Nietzsche, he's pretty much obsessed with him and even copies his writing style.

He would have a lot more freedom to focus on writing if he wasn't a fugitive from the law.
His ideas would also be taken a lot more seriously if he didn't literally boast about robbing grandmas on eBay in the same text where he describes himself as a genius superhuman.

He's not a fugitive from the law, though. He just can't return to America.

Why wouldn't the French extradite him, if that's where he really is?

I'm not entirely clear on his situation but he's by no means a fugitive. He spends months upon months just playing videogames by night and sleeping by day in his Kyoto apartment. Maybe his constant traveling is a way to avoid law enforcement, I don't know, though he says it's a psychological thing.

Also, if he respects engineers and archeologists more than criminals, and he is a genius superhuman, why did he become a criminal? And not even a Professor Moriarty type criminal, but just a common eBay thief - a type of crime any idiot could pull off?
Answer: because he is a narcissistic sociopath with a slightly above average intelligence, if that. Not some sort of ubermensch.

Because he has dozens of safe-houses and sleeps in a different one every night. The entrances are all booby trapped and he sleeps with a loaded gun under his pillow.

Through the fraud he got enough money to live off of for a few years, and also didn't really suffer any adverse consequences. Pretty smart imo.

>deluded cultists who pays to be a part of his forum
1. he has cultists? wat
2. link to the forum?

Did he, though? Sounds like he lives off of his wealthy family.

Smart? Maybe. Genius-level? No.

It sounds like you're not very familiar with Icy dude. Yeah, he has dickriders who actually believe Icy when he claims that he ended philosophy, some of them might actually show up in this thread soon enough. They're even called "The Cult". He has a pay to join forum on culture.vg, that these same people pay Icy to use, even though Icy treats them like shit and will ban them in an instant for no reason. Maybe someone has that picture of the time Icy sperged out at someone for their grammar and will post it. If you've never read any of his material before the only thing worth reading is his work on videogames, the orgyofthewill.net aphorisms and everything else isn't worth your time. His writing on videogames is the most interesting and insightful thing ever written on the medium, his work has actually been used on a college syllabus before.

Can we please stop gossiping about him and discuss his writings?

Here. Practical, easy to understand, and incredible useful for personal growth.

>How does resentment feel? It feels like unfairness, injustice. It directs the gaze outward, to protect one from dwelling on the flagrant lack of power which led one to feel resentment in the first place. It is not the Other that is causing the resentment, but yourself, and all resentment does is protect you from this painful realization, which would be otherwise added to the already unbearable pain of the resentment's cause.

Yeah, he made 120k and he said he lived off of it for a few years. I don't know how he get his money now.
What do you define as genius? It goes in line with his philosophy and enabled him to continue his stated goals, which were to play and write about videogames.

amateur psychologizing, wow 2deep4me

Literally something Nietzsche already said in genealogy of morals

Actually, rereading it, it's not something Nietzsche said. It's just lame "pick yourself up by the bootstraps" bullshit.

Why does a self-described superhuman genius have no higher ambitions than to play and write about videogames?

>having dozens of houses in France

Do you know the prices of French real estate, even in Lyon, and the heavy formalities to buy or even rent in France?

If you are interested in the Author of MM

Check out his poetry on working at mcdonalds

undergroundbooks.org/the-kitchen-poet/ronald-mcdonald-rei-koz

Can you name anything more insightful written about resentment in how to combat it? Much something so short, direct, and to the point.

kek, ive seen that it's wonderful

>who has nothing to show for his immense genius-like superiority
What about the fact that he is the best 21st century art critic so far?