What are your favorite books not on the lit 100? I love classics but I'd like some more personal stuff too...

What are your favorite books not on the lit 100? I love classics but I'd like some more personal stuff too. Unfortunately reddit and goodreads are clearly useless for this.

Anyone have any idea how long polling user has been at this for? I'm wondering how far back these top 100s go and if anyone has all of the older charts.

>Veeky Forums votes for books it has never even attempted to read
Always gives me a good chuckle.

There are 2015 and 2014 ones, not the same polling user. They're much the same, with some books positioned higher or lower according to flavors of the month and rigging. 2017 will be the same too.
There's also a 2015 one for authors (pic related)

We have to keep up appearances with other boards.

It's funny how typical so much of it is.

Anything after 2015 is post-/plebbit/ invasion and therefore null and void.

The Tale of Genji.
The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Works and Days, The Arabian Nights, The Master and Margerita, The Tale of the Heike, The Secret History (guilty pleasure). The Epic of Gilgamesh, The Old Man and the Sea, The Republic, Fouccoult's Pendulum, Gould's Book of Fish.

The Republic is on the list

Classic:
The Apology
Homage to Catalonia
Jude the Obscure
Macbeth

Modern:
My Immortal (seriously, I have not enjoyed any other book more than this one)
Taipei
The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra
The Legend of the 10 Elemental Masters
UNSONG

Who wrote My Immortal? I'm seeing a lot of different ones and I'm assuming it's not the one about vampire Harry Potter...

Storm of Steel
Gates of Fire
Paris in the Terror

It is by Tara Gillespie, and it is a poorly written vampire Harry Potter.fic. However, intentionally or not (the big question is whether the book is a parody or not), it is very funny and it parodies/deconstructs a lot of YA/fanfic tropes and teen subcultures as a whole (the "goffs" pride themselves on not buying into the stuff that the normie "preps" do, but they end up idolizing undeserving celebrities and listening to mass-marketed entry-level bands in the same fashion as the groups of people they define themselves so vehemently against. For your first time, I'd suggest listening to a "dramatic reading" for full effect.

Espedair Street - Iain Banks
Unlimited Dream Company - J G Ballard
Thursbitch - Alan Garner

>the bible

come the fuck on

Needs more Chekhov

Moravagine (Cendrars)
Andreas (H von Hofmannsthal)
Maldoror (Lautreamont)
Hadrian VII (Baron Corvo)
Ligotti's stories
Flann O'Brien's novels
Silk (A Baricco)

Here is a partial list of books anons have voted on that didn't make the top 100. Sorry about the lack of labels

Nice selection. For my part, I will add The Alexandria Quartett by Lawrence Durell.

A Month in the Country by J.L. Carr

we should do a top 50 philosophers list

The Damnation Game (Clive Barker)
The Narrator (Michael Cisco)
Cinnamon Shops (Bruno Schulz)