I'm 22 and having an identity crisis

I'm 22 and having an identity crisis

Been browsing lit and reading occassionally for a couple years, read some classic meme philosophers, then fell into the neoreactionary movement, into fascism, white nationalism, and traditionalism for the past couple of months

I feel like even if I agree with a lot of what I read, some of it makes me sick. Slowly I've been becoming more distant from my friends, always jaded and judging everything they say and do. When one of them brings up a new movie or TV show up I just turn off my mind to avoid hearing the garbage. I can't go back and enjoy the same things I used to even if I wanted to.

Everything I see gets filtered through the scope of my fragmented and angry worldview. Maybe I do have stronger principles about some things now, but to actually apply them is rare and unrealistic for me. Are they actually even my principles? Everytime someone does or says something I disagree with something eats away at me as I make a quick judgement about them, and even if I do apply my beliefs it always puts me in a weird spot

Is Stirner the only one that can save me? I thought identifying with a bigger concept would serve myself self interest.

Should I keep on pushing in the same direction or should I bottle it up? I feel emasculated and that I need to do something but all my attempts leave me wondering if any of it is acually benefiting me.

Any book reccomendations accepted thank you.

Start with the greeks.

what will that do?

Anonymous

I recommend The CBT Handbook to help cope with your anger issues, try to approach the malaise practically. Also try activities divorced from what's upsetting you, ideally involving exercise.

>facism
>white nationalism
ew

Good idea I will get the CBT handbook tonight. I already lift weights 6 days a week for an hour and for some reason it seems like it makes me angrier.

>Any book reccomendations

The Bible

Also if anyone follows any of the neoreactionary/traditionalist twitter accounts that are in the same web as Kantbot, I kind of wonder how they stay sane. Just following them and spending 15 min a day reading stuff they post and repost makes me anxious and distressed

Kantbot is a funny guy, but I wouldn't take any of his opinions seriously. He's not always the best at understanding what he has read

Weight lifting might not be the best in that case. Something that involves being outside is good. If there's a park near you try running circuits.

I was serious about my recommendation of the Bible. If you sit around worrying so much about the world, it's understandable that you're angry. You can acknowledge the legitimacy of and value things such as "state" and "people" without letting them consume you. Whatever's bothering you is just the same shit that's bothered people forever. Go read Ecclesiastes. There's nothing new.

>Been browsing lit and reading occassionally for a couple years, read some classic meme philosophers, then fell into the neoreactionary movement, into fascism, white nationalism, and traditionalism for the past couple of months

I feel like even if I agree with a lot of what I read, some of it makes me sick. Slowly I've been becoming more distant from my friends, always jaded and judging everything they say and do. When one of them brings up a new movie or TV show up I just turn off my mind to avoid hearing the garbage. I can't go back and enjoy the same things I used to even if I wanted to.

Everything I see gets filtered through the scope of my fragmented and angry worldview. Maybe I do have stronger principles about some things now, but to actually apply them is rare and unrealistic for me. Are they actually even my principles? Everytime someone does or says something I disagree with something eats away at me as I make a quick judgement about them, and even if I do apply my beliefs it always puts me in a weird spot
Dude, everything you just decribed is classic cult brainwashing.
GET OUT!!!!!!!
I'm fucking serious.
LIVE, MAN.
Snap the fuck out of it and find shit that makes you happy. FUCK what people who look down on you think.
Life's a journey and you don't go anywhere sitting on you ass being angry.
Do things. Go places. Talk to people, young and old.
Doesn't have to be allll the time, quit thinking in extremes, but hobbies help. Volunteering your time (chicks love a team player). Hit the gym a couple hours a week.
Not a Chad or anything, but I can't sit back and watch someone on the verge of destroying themselves and NOT say something.
>gettin the fuck outta Veeky Forums. Stressfull

>Agora, motherfucker.

>fell into the neoreactionary movement, into fascism, white nationalism, and traditionalism

Can i sincerely ask, how? That's always all seemed so intuitively false to me. Extreme viewpoints like those always sincerely seemed to me a result of male aggression, a desire to have the most dominant ideology, or something along those lines. But they don't nourish the soul... at all. I have my own issues with selfishness and lack of empathy etc, but I've never been able to tell myself any sort of radical thought of superiority or anything like that really stemmed from anything more than resentment and insecurity.

I'm genuinely curious how you back stuff like that up rationally. I believe in racial IQ differences, gender dimorphism, et cetera. But how does that really matter for you, on an individual level? Disparities between individuals within groups are always greater than disparities between those groups themselves.

Where is the love, user?
Where is the hope
The beauty
The tenderness

twitter in general seems designed to amplify mental illness.

not him, but its mostly the way the social justice movement and its platitudes have infected everything. i feel like joining the ranks of self loathing snarky woke faggots would be worse than death itself. i'm just repulsed by this, no way to live.

Thank you, late in my teens I was a fedora atheist but grew out of it a few years ago but without actually picking up religion. Still unsure about reading the bible but maybe it could help

You're right I should get out more

I don't think any of it had much to do with TOXIC MASCULINITY. Mostly just a lack of identity and disgust at modernity and liberalism in general.
You're probably right it doesn't nourish my soul, but that could be because none of it is really alive.

>Where is the love, user?
>Where is the hope
>The beauty
>The tenderness

To be honest all of that can be found within my beliefs. I just became slightly neurotic from spending too much time on the internet it seems.

>I just became slightly neurotic from spending too much time on the internet it seems.
The level of connectivity that we have today is unnatural and in my opinion harmful. People aren't meant to be constantly bombarded with news and continually learn about every awful thing that happens all over the world. We're local creatures. Cutting back on internet use, or just doing other shit while you're online, might help.

One wonders if these people are even people at all, or instead soulless golem.

Well, yeah, but it really doesn't follow to be totally unreasonable in an entirely different way.

Really, espousing any ideology at all seems to be letting someone elses ideas own you.

It's not unreasonable to us that's why it's our belief.

You could say anything is someone elses ideas owning you. We choose to believe what we believe because we think it's right.

>then fell into the neoreactionary movement, into fascism, white nationalism, and traditionalism for the past couple of months
that was fucking dumb

Trippy

Try buddhism. They only real thing is the now,stop projecing your schemes into the world,because the world is too complicated. Each situation may be different and you filter it through your personal view.
I think you could escape that with buddhism

Any recommended books or advice on getting started?

No. Anything will do. I guess waking up by sam harris its good to start. Also in audiobook form

i only would endorse flirtation with ideologies, never full embrace.

art is the only real truth.

social justice discourse just feels omnipresent and all consuming. it's also incredibly shallow. everything is reduced to the same oppressor-oppressed theology. much of the richness of culture has disappeared. it's like those slam poetry events were there is no poetry only pseudo edgy ingroup signalling. you're either le evil nazi or a self congratulatory woke faggot.

yes, let stirner clear out the cobwebs and you can start over

Why are you asking Veeky Forums pussies like this guy Seriously, you sound like you just need more confidence in your beliefs, along with some sort of activity to relieve the stress. It's normal to be upset if you are a modern fascist, the world you live in is enitrely subverted by your worst enemy. What is not normal is to let this consume you. You need to feel productive, in some small way, every day. You believe in things that require action, and preparation. Do some of that preparation every day, whether that means exercising or research or something else is up to you. It sounds like you don't know enough about fascism and its history, so I would recommend on solidifying that through reading relevant literature. Whatever you do, don't listen to faggots like this guy who says "art is the only truth uguu~"

>I don't think any of it had much to do with TOXIC MASCULINITY
I dunno, I disagree. I think the Fappening and GG were real anger catalysts for the sexually frustrated nerds that comprised those events - both of which were precursors to the alt-right. I also think the alt-right has a lot of legitimate complaints (disgust of identity politics and blatant hypocritical racial hate of white people from neo-left) but at the same time it feels like they're just playing the same exact game that the ""SJWs"" are. This is also why I stopped browsing /pol/ post-election. It's nothing but a schizophrenic echo chamber.

Nevertheless, I've become 100% a neurotic jaded fuck just like you for just the same reasons. I'm trying to figure out how to fix it as well.

Maybe we just need to get laid.