Reading is degenerate

Reading books is degenerate and people do it just to seem like they are smart.

Instead of reading a bunch of shit, why don't you write a book yourself?

I do both

Why are books an evil medium, but baitposting isn't?

Breathing is degenerate and people do it just to seem like they are living.

Instead of breathing a bunch of shit, why don't you photosynthesize yourself?

But WHY is it degenerate? You can't make something without digesting something like it first, just like you can't talk without learning words first.

This is a trash argument, sorry.

This is not baitposting. I am seriously saying reading is degenerate. You are literally just lazily resigning your brain to reading words.
Whereas writing a book requires active thought and attention to detail.

You miss the forest from the trees. Your own posts are degenerate if text is.

I guess you are saying that because I am reading your replies I must be contradicting myself. But this is not true because having a conversation requires active thought just as much as writing a book does.
Perhaps reading some books can be considered non-degenerate, such as a calculus book for the sake of active learning.

>why don't you write a book yourself?
I can't write well because I don't read books

The things people come up with to avoid feeling inadequate

And what if I annotate the book I am reading everyother line or so?

OP BTFO?

why would writing be any better than reading if the only real fruition of writing is for it to be read

Find me someone who can write well but doesn't read and i'll accept your argument.

Cervantes

whats this chicks name again?

He was remarkably intertextual. He read plenty. The Lucian of Samosata of Spain

>references a new book on every single page of Don Quixote
>doesn't read
Pick one. It's not like he could have just wikipedia-skimmed the plots, either — he makes direct parallels and sometimes even adapts ballads. Cervantes is arguably among the most well-read authors in all of the Western Canon.

Anne Frank?
retard

>Listening to people talk is degenerate and people just do it to seem like they are smart.
>Instead of listening to a bunch of shit, why don't you speak yourself?

Doing one without the other makes you a pleb. It's that simple.

Because only degenerates would read it, and catering to degenerates is degenerate.

If all you're doing when you read is looking at characters on a page, then you're pretty shit at reading.

it's only degenerate if you already know everything

anne frank wasnt retarded she was jewish...goofy

CUTE

Who is pic related?

Reading makes me more eloquent so I can appear as a smart person when talking to women. It works quite well.

>t. absolute brainlet
Oblivious to your own stupidity and ignorance of course.