One hundred years of solitude

Did you love it? Did you hate it? What would you rate it?

I was completely lost after about 50 pages

One of the greatest books in spanish language. 10/10. Masterful.

I loved it

remedios la bella made me reconsider beauty

You're the best you're the best what should I review next? Hit that like if you like please subscribe or you'll die

Favorite book. Happy to be Colombian.

8/8

legit 10/10 imo, he deserved the nobel just for that book desu

I read it in English and didn't really appreciate it. I know what the author was going after; I just didn't associate myself with it.

>reading it in english
>reading any foreign novel translated
Kys mamahuevo

I like the bits with the magic and the massacre, the rest is shite desu

I'd rate it e/36ψ

you happy now?

Woah so diverse and progressive! Marquez really make me empathise with the plague of PoC oppression. I cry every time I think about the evil those evil white capitalist racist patriarchal fruit companies have wrought on the oppressed PoC of Columbia, by giving those low iq Indios the only job they can manage ie. Picking fruit. Also magical realism so quirky lmao. We should definitely let this noble people flood into our country and pay them reparations

Thought it is overrated. Felt like a string of random happenings with nothing especially memorable and the sum never became greater than the sum of its parts. Perhaps it's better if you're know and understand south american culture better.

South American 'culture' is donkey shows and narco beheadings

There's no reasonable defense of magical realism. Its simply butthurt colonial mongrels trying to spit on western rationality.

also one of my favorites, but I am very sad to be Colombian, not ashamed, just sad.

As a Miamian, a Cuban, and a guy who really likes wetting his weiner in stuck up Colombian poon, you're an idiot. The most American Colombian girls I've been with like to throw their money all over me while we fuck. The most Colombian Colombian girls like to throw their clothes all over me while they fuck.

>as a Miamian, Cuban

never thought I'd see a fellow Miami bro here. Have you read any Padura or Carpentier?

No I have not. But I've been in a slump from reading too much of the same kinds of abstract philosophy (read:heidegger) and the same poets over and over again that my poems are suffering. And so is my useless brain. As a result I've been looking to read more in Spanish or more by hispanics. Especially "mi jente" la misma jente que nunca me aceptarán totalmente cómo Cubano pero siempre gringo. Tremendo mierda.

Thanks for the recs. If you're interested in a local guy check out Donald Justice. (Or maybe my poems)

I take that back, I know Padura. I never got around to reading him but maybe now is the time

I've been around Cubans for half of my life and they are very accepting people, it sucks that it's not the case for you. Dive right into Padura's greatest work which is El Hombre Que Amaba a Los Perros. I will check out Justice, honestly I am not big into poetry but I have been getting into it little by little through osmosis. where are your poems?

Drop me an email, papo. [email protected]

That's my throwaway email so excuse me if I take a while to respond. I'll do my best to check up on it these days.

Gracias por los recs. Hasta luego, mijo

samefagging this hard

one of the best last pages ever

and first.

Haven't read that, have read Autumn of the Patriarch ant that novella where the nigga gets stabbed, fucking terrible, af im concerned the greatest cultural export of Colombia remains pic related

My amigo, I read it in English and it's one of my favorites. I read love in the time of cholera too.
I took 4 years of Spanish back in high school. Obviously I would have to do a ton of work, but how difficult would you say it is in espanol?

De donde salen todos los venezolanos ahora?

Yeah I loved it. It so effortlessly flows between characters, and generations... it's never boring, unless it's constant high pace and color becomes a little too much for you.

South American culture is the same as rural American culture, with better food.

Fucking racists are so stupid. Nothing worse than you 24/42 year old virgins flying flags of papa trump because you're so goddamn lonely nobody should be able to sleep easy without hearing your goddamn REE in the night.

>this is what hispanics actually believe
Mi amigo, you are very mistaken

You're right. I've never spent time in rural America, I could never know. But I've spent time in rural Colombia, and all I saw were farmers and shop owners, minding their business, wrinkly, and leathery, and unconcerned with strangers like me.

there's nothing you can do about other people's desires user

all you can do is be as successful as possible to create a new meme/idol for others to covet; let your glass overflow

>ree in the night
capped thank you based SA, well worth the years of garbage anti-competitive play over online gaming for this line

You think your anti-antifag protests aren't REEs to the void? Or that you'll stop "white genocide" by crying hardest? You faggots are the worst representations of your 'race' and if you weren't you be doing better things with your time and had already have (((made it)))

Now it is time-to-stop, and start developing real world skills

lmao what are you even talking about? Where in my post did you get all this pro-white nonsense?

I think you need a break from the Internet my amigo

who the fuck reads one hundred years of solitude and takes this away from it

Someone eating from a trash can of ideology, no doubt.

I read it as a kid and the last page left me completely overwhelmed and awestruck. I thought it was a 10/10. Dont know what I would think after reading it now.
I remember having a hard time the first chapters because of the descendants who shared the same names as their ancestors, but eventually I stopped being confuse. The book may have included a family tree.

He's an idiot because you like fucking Columbian women? I don't understand.

i jizzed inside of it and then i burnt it alive and then i put it up my butt hole 11/19

Someone who never read it and sees anything remotely different from their own countrymen/race as a threat

how? it's a pretty straightforward expository narrative up to that point?

One of my favorites of all time, one of the few I would rate a 10/10. I also have a lot of personal attachment to it because it was a gift from my identical twin brother and the Buendias remind me a lot of our family, incest aside. The section with the twins who are switched at birth and then again at death fucked me up hard.