The perfect book cover doesn't exi-

>The perfect book cover doesn't exi-

is that painting the perfect cover for every book or something?

>The perfect book cover doesn't exi-
Yeah, it's called simple clothbound with a gilded etched title

book cover illustrations are capigtalist propaganda

I posted this once in a book cover thread as a joke and anons thought I was being serious, so I defended it.
I later saw posts about "some fag defending this cover earlier." KEK.

I bet these fuckin shits have quotation marks

any lowry painting would be more fitting

looks like something that'd be on the shelf of a female booktuber who only buys books to make her shelves look more colourful

chek'd

They don't.

I think these are too twee and cutesy. The artwork is nice but I feel it's inappropriate for Joyce. This guy is correct.

>889
my condolences

What is the best Ulysses cover? This is mine

>We want the Dickens audience

Don't suit the tone of the books at all

Also not enough people smelling farts

Looks like the cover of Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

Yeah that's mine too it's great, seriously I thought you owned my book there for a secound

>perfect book covers don't exi-

Fuck off, Nazi scum

am I the only one that thinks this looks great?

It is actually excellent. Even in this group photo you can tell exactly which one is joyce/stephen

Most of the Norton Critical I saw are great.

unironically the original

Not the perfect cover, but the best one I've ever seen for this particular book.

Thats the copy I own, from the 90s or whatever. I think its chill

Found this edition for just 10$. My personal favourite

Thats just a knock off of the most common cover ever

Nice one.

Used to like this one

Yeah - associate that shade of blue with the book - reminds me of cool Irish air and the Liffey

There's a booger on that cover.

Joyce chose it because of its association with Greek epics. Funny that now it has taken on an association with Ireland too, for you.

I raise you

>order Stoner from a used book seller
>it's some gay modern tumblr edition with one of those built in tassels
Should I just throw it away bros?

It's a shame the book itself is mostly indulgent dreck, but the cover is nice

Any edition of lolita

I quite like this.

>cute tumblr/deviantart art and fonts
embarrassing

I hate these.

Ding-ding-ding!

Immediately.

Nice try, Arthur Ransome!

Yes, I really like the typography and the hue.

I'd argue that a palindrome is much better than dubs

Seconded.

Ahahaha nice

It's a pretty good painting. I don't like that particular cover, but I do always think about that painting when I think of Portrait.

That's a pretty relaxing picture. Wouldn't something horrible like one of those pics of a dead pile of Jews or something suit the book more?

thought it was gonna be zarathustra. this painting has probably been used for every single one of nietzsche's books

>you have to be a nazi to appreciate Hitler
But Kennedy and Kubrick!

AAAUUUUQUAAA LUUUUNNGGG

i dont have a copy but i like this one best

i love this art style

Sun streaking cold, an old man wandering lonely.
Taking time, the only way he knows.
Leg hurting bad as he bends to pick a dog end.
He goes down to a bog and warms his feet.

The current Murrican one is better.
Pic related for me, just because of how playful it looks. The Debolsillo covers of Borges and Bolaño are also pretty based.

i've got this translated one, hard cover. i think it looks good, nice shade of green with golden details

I like the fact that it's so obviously young adult literature reader bait.

I honestly have trouble reading certain books if I don't like the cover. Don't know why. It just makes me completely unmotivated to actually pick it up.

hey it's a nice painting.

Isnt that a good thing tho

Eh. I think you're missing a logical step.

For me, a bad cover indicates that the publisher/editors probably cared less than usual about making sure everything was typeset correctly/pleasingly. So, those books are usually just a bitch to look at -- the insides, that is.

if you think a colorful cover is gonna convince a john green reader to get through a james joyce novel you are mislead

imo it's not a bad thing in itself, but it's indicative of a larger 'bad thing' which is that the publishers seem to think classic literature can only be sold under the guise of young adult literature with a tumblr art cover

i think the japanese cover of gravity's rainbow looks pretty cool

But we really cant have nice things because readerships change no matter what. Publishers have to adjust to that change or else they'll just stop selling classic literature altogether since no buys them anyway outside of academic requirements.

Get fucked, that is some Friedrich-ripoff McDonald's shit and it doens't even have a moocow in the clouds (as near as I can tell at a first look).

burn in hell faggot

Rate

The artist actually has a ridiculous amount of paintings in the same vein as Wanderer Above a Sea of Fog

my fave

>cannot rebut a single point made in the post to which he angrily replied

You're a loser.

This or Shogun by James Clavell.

Am I a pleéb for loving this cover?

murakami's are always great

love this one, wish it was cheaper to get this edition.

I hate this art style

Barnes & Noble Christmas Special Edition/10

Was gonna post these. Really like the Vintage Mishima covers.

Someone buy this already to upload for us.

are you fuck you?

Sitting on a park bench (TA TA TANNN)
Eyeing little girls with bad intent (TA TA TA TA TA TA TANNNN)
OH AQUALUNG!

For us it is relaxing, because we live in big cities and work in offices full of people, our chaos is man made, and the countryside is a place to escape to. But to actually live out there, to survive by hunting and foraging, to outwit one's own hunters, to lie in muck every night with a woman and starving children and be disease-stricken, bug-ridden, is a very pure and senseless kind of pain and suffering couched in constant fear. It cannot even be called poverty, because it is the state of everything.

Perfect little girls doesn't exi-

that's beautiful but why a feather?