End notes instead of foot notes

>End notes instead of foot notes

WHY?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's a fuckload easier for the editors and printers during revision. But yes, footnotes rule.

This. Revising footnotes takes forever and fucks up pagination.
t. anyone who has ever written a college paper

It's for your health. Reading probably means sitting still for long lapses of time. Having to fucking jump back and forth and loosing the fucking page burns calories

Thanks mom

My copy of "meditations" has endnotes. Kill me

I'm with you op

My copy of Confessions is like this. It makes me want to die.

Reading A Portrait by Joyce now and it has end notes. Foot notes would be better but it's not the biggest problem in my life, i just keep two bookmarks and stick my index finger where the notes are when holding the book.

Especially those endlessly long lists of short footnotes that for most of the time only refer other sources, but you still have to check them because OCD and it might be something important.

By my experience, most people who read are thinner than average, more often being underweight than obese.

It's for the people who now buy fidget spinners.

thats why I haven't finished my Oxford Classics version of Ovid

I bought Oxford's Hesiod and am having tremendous fun checking the end notes five times a page.

>footnotes on every page
>relevant biblical passages
>tons of critical pieces
Norton Critical Editions' Paradise Lost is fantastic.

imagine IJ with footnotes instead of endnotes...there are literally +5 pages long notes, how would it even be possible?

If you're angry at Infinite Jest for doing this, keep in mind you're meant to flip back and forth across the book because it's supposed to simulate watching a game of tennis.

read the endnotes first before actually reading the chapter

but then I'll be spoiled

depends how many foot notes there are. I have a poetry book where half the page is footnotes and it ruins the aesthetics of the poem.

>Norton Critical Editions' Paradise Lost
mah nigga