What do you live for Veeky Forums?

What do you live for Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

withaterriblefate.com/2015/11/13/video-game-structural-aesthetics-why-the-beginners-guide-is-masterfully-confusing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You.

This hope of pushing video games into high art with with rigorous criticism and my own work. Once I make the connection with sculpture and poetry it shouldn't be too hard.

This. I'd do anything for the OP.

for the pleasure of getting cummed inside

I think you meant (You)s

No, you don't understand, user; I meant YOU.

poetry

I have grown bitter in spirit and cynical in my perspective over the years, with fierce melancholy being my faithful companion.

I often daydream of hanging myself on a silent night at the majestic tree priding the center of the graveyard next to my apartment, but I have a nagging itch of unrealized potential that keeps me awake.

I'd love to express the bassline of my soul through the swift grace of my fingers, to keep intellectual company with the great poets and philosophers, and to purge these damned visions on a paper through the steady lead pencil.

I long for serene felicity, to embrace honor and toil in obscurity, living life in the Holy Spirit, but I'm plagued by the bottomless hunger of avarice. My life is a shallow standstill, devoid of vision with a stagnant will, my joviality long since rotten.

I live shortly for a short lived burst of entertainment, more tragedy than a comedy, with the occasional fleeting joy of vanity. I eat, I drink, but I'm not merry. Kill me, senpai.

If I were to die now, my family would be at best down a paycheck that helps support them, and at worst the inheritors of massive debt.
Probably would've swam straight out into the sea with no intent of coming back otherwise.

Can you post some of your work? My literature professor said that video games are "for people who don't like to think," and when I invited him to our video game club to play The Last of Us, he just snickered. Maybe you can persuade him that games are art better than I can.

Should have given him Dark Souls to play

I still need to git guder. Too many books to read. Too many plebs to blitz... That's about it. Everything else in my life right now is le shit times infinity.

Read my unwritten essay on Dark Souls.

>the swift grace
Iktf

Nothing, really. Or the law of inertia, I guess. Life is the state I've always been in and will likely be the state I remain in until something external changes that.

My creature comforts I think.
I hope that by learning virtue perhaps something more, but I've been gambling a lot recently and I am up, so that might wait.

that was beautiful user. maybe get started on a novella today, and make that shiznit shamelessly a self insert.

Just start explaining luddonarratives and show him a gateway essayist like:

withaterriblefate.com/2015/11/13/video-game-structural-aesthetics-why-the-beginners-guide-is-masterfully-confusing/

I'm using the same game in a discussion on mechanics as metaphor and the pursuit of the total art-form.

Things that keep me from ending it:
* obligation to look after my son
* obligation to look after my parents
* greater social obligation (to serve, produce something, ...)
* intellectual curiosity
* running
* faith (a very mixed bag at this point)
* hope

I'm not asking what keeps you from ending it. I'm not suicidal. I ask what you live for. I'm directionless.

Bricksquad

At least offer something decent, like Kentucky Route Zero or Victoria 2.

What would you die for, Veeky Forums?

Are you a girl (male)?

I live because I'm too much of a pussy to end it all

to witness off topic posters narrowly miss trips

I wanna get a job man

Writing books for people to read

Nice prose, faggot. Post more.

POON-TANG.

Retribution. I am a divine rebuke. There can be no other explanation for my situation. It's a pretty cool purpose desu.