Is religion for smart people or dumb people?

Is religion for smart people or dumb people?

religion its for the poor people

People who don't real are religious. People who read a bit are atheists. People who read a lot are religious.

The reasons for engaging with theology are more amenable to a smart/dumb dichotomy than theology itself

The open minded.

>dumb people are religious
>smart people aknowledge the value of religion
>average fucktards think they're enlightened for not believing in god

thats the ranking op

Rational, open-minded, well-adjusted, intelligent, lovers of wisdom are religious. Atheist people have such strong contempt for religion because, due to endowment of inferior mental faculties, they are simply incapable of comprehending the possibility that anything exists beyond our understanding.

both

Religion is for all people

What about people who don't bother to read things they just wrote?

Rational, open-minded, well-adjusted, intelligent, lovers of wisdom don't use strawman arguments.

True (Mere) Christianity is for smart people. Religion is for proles.

smart people recognise the valuable aspects of religion and belief whilst not taking it as literal

Intelligent and unintelligent people, slightly above average intellects need not apply.

This right here.

>rationality
Spook
>open-mindedness
Spook
>well-adjustedness
Spook
>intelligence
Spook
>philosophy
Spook

Be religious for a love of God, not for a love of Enlightenment memes.
Fuck off, teenage Peterson suckoffs.

>MUH VALUE OF RELIGION
Absolute legalist cancer.

these are the worst people

oh nice it's that screeching autist guy again

how you been bro

>anybody i dont like is autistic!
ebin

>anybody

no just you specifically

why?

He was a wise man who invented God

because they think religion is a tool to control others

Said with a tone of smartness but very stupid.

100% this

I remember when this was a board about literature

religion is for immature people, stupid or smart

and something that has given many people's lives meaning

dumb people don't believe in religion
average people have allegorical interpretations of religion
smart people believe religion dogmatically, never questioning a word

Religion is for dumb or insecure people

jizz, you got cucked hard, my friend

Smart people
>Inb4 muh opiate of the masses
Only brainlet say this. Don't be a brainlet

this right here

Does it though?

I would say people who get truly meaningful lives from religion are pretty rare. More often is the case that people use religion as an excuse to stop thinking about it.

You're right. Only during the Renaissance people get meaningful lives from religion. I can't think of wiser people than Dante, Petrarch, Michelangelo, Raphael, Leonardo. They exploited their religious beliefs to make supreme art. But before then and after then religion didn't produce many great men, if we put aside a few philosophers.

MUH GREEEEEEEEEEEEKS
Stop deluding yourself. Every 'artist' you mentioned is pure trash.

>But before then and after then religion didn't produce many great men, if we put aside a few philosophers
So this is the true power of autism

You had memes indigestion today, bro?

I'm pretty right wing but this return of the religious right among youth doesn't bode well. There just aren't enough smart or nuanced thinkers around.

Religion is for closeted fags, like everyone of you probably

I'm not a closeted fag I'm a closeted hebephile

Came here to post this.

What a meme!!!

God made smart people and they bitch on religion. literally basic bitches of destiny like rich kids who waste daddy's money

They aren't smart

1 Cor. 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

Religion is for foolish people, who thereby become wise; irreligion is for wise people, who thereby become fools.

Kek

This

You can shove the "This" in your ass

smart or dumb do not exist.

Why is this board in full "no literature allowed" mode in the middle of the night on a weekday?

Because this board is not about literature, it's about memes

religion is a tool to control the suggestible

>Is religion for smart people or dumb people?
Let's stop with the 'duh I'm/I'm not religious then I'm better than you' narrative.

People who need religion want answers they could understand, the others not. There are smart people and dumb people in both groups, and everybody know it.

There's nothing transgressive about fucking teenagers

>not taking it literal
fuck off and take your Darwinian Orthodoxy with you.

By teenagers you mean 13-year-olds and by fucking you mean obsessively wanting a relationship, and being totally exclusive to that age within a year's range, then yes.
How is that not transgressive by the way?

e d g y

Spooks are real. Treat others like they were matter and see them possessed.

They are very real but they are not worth my praise.

Praise is a spook, though...

If you're talking about organized religion, it's for uneducated sheep. If you mean individual, more spiritual religion or something, then it's probably for smart people (ex: believing in objective idealism but not belonging to a certain faith).

Spooks are reified in the mind of God and are therefore real.

No, heresy is not for 'smart people'. No, you are not smart.

Truth is that organized people can achieve far greater results in any field. Although personal relationship with God is important, you miss a lot by isolation. Even monks form monasteries.

>look at me I can't decide on anything I'm better than you
fence sitter should be hanged left to the crows

It's like a free lottery ticket.

for people who want to feel safe and secure

How about both religion and atheism are for people and tolerance is the most noble of all virtues?

Lol.

Kinda hard to make those generalisations. For instance in the USA most stupid people are uber religious, here in the UK being super contemptuous of religion is the normal dumb people opinion.

Religion is for dumb people
Atheism is for mediocre people
Esotericism is for smart people

p much

>tolerance is the most noble of all virtues

ask jews

Christians are considered wierdos in the UK. I have not seen praise for someone being a Christian in a long long time.

This, basically.

Neither. It's for the lost and weak who need guidance and illusion of order and purpose.

Religion is for everyone

>>smart people aknowledge the value of religion
Nice brand of atheism, cuck.

>the value of religion
>value
That's what you discussed last sunday?

For the poor and the dumb. They will pray for god to give them riches and make their future better instead of doing something themselves

>It's for the lost and weak who need guidance and illusion of order and purpose.
the most powerful governments in the world are founded on religious principles; their societies structured by their religion, giving the people within purpose. this is to say, you are speaking stupid

>They will pray for god to give them riches and make their future better instead of doing something themselves
the people who do this are as religious as a sociopath is a saint

sorry i forgot to (you) your retarded post

This is basically how it went for me
>born into religious family
>fedora atheist phase hits me quite early
>after a while of smugness, actually start reading the philosophical canon and the bible
>realize the limits of physicalism and rational thought, start exploring faith based options
Never felt better until I took that leap

actually this

>This thread

I though Veeky Forums was full of leftist faggots

Being leftist and religious are not mutually exclusive

I was referring to leftist faggots

aka: anything of culture the west is the fucking devil because muh communist author says so

It's depends on how you do it.

protip: religious texts are not objective accounts

>Thinking cultural decay is the fault of leftists and not capitalism
read Adorno

the fuck?
what does that have to do with anything
have you tried not seeing your enemy: capitalism, fucking everywhere?

ยก

That's quite hard when it's the system you live under, user

oh god
you are fucking /pol/ with red paint on it

Read Deleuze and Guittari you fucking pseud.

>le radical centrist
>on Veeky Forums
Read a book

Everyone of us believes in something, whether religious beliefs or firm inner morals we don't even dare to question.
It's a necessity in building a unitary self conscience.