Have they had an affect on your writing?

Have they had an affect on your writing?

No but my dick feels strange and I am less likely to get easily stimulated now.
no joke.

yes, they caused me to spell correctly

honestly i should probably try meds

Yes. When I'm on SSRIs, I'm much more garrulous, flowery, and cheerier in my writing. When I'm off them, my writing feels more creative and darker.

>Be awkward virgin in my 30s
>Start taking new antidepressants
>Change completely, new person
>Get girlfriend, have sex
>Dick works properly only occasionally
Reality is fucking cruel.
Also I only really write when depressed or horny so I haven't written in a while now.

>more garrulous, flowery, and cheerier in my writing
this but surreal, declarative, and cheerier.

tHe pSycHoTropic BAndaid

Everything else in my life improves when I'm popping back these bastards. I'm calmer and cooler. I get regular physical activity. I begin setting myself daily schedules and actually follow them. I fall into a good routine. I'm more social and confident. People like me more, in large part because I'm more positive, less defensive, more stable and settled in my own skin. Etc.

But god damn do they suck the lifeblood from my prose, along with the rest of my creative energy. I transition from skipping through the stories I write, feeling as if by writing I'm fleeing joyfully but precariously some beast, some nameless monster which crawled out of the chasm in my spirit and now dogs me and snaps at my heels, to really fucking plodding. No more urgency. No more impulsion to create. No more strange inner world encroaching upon me from all angles and threatening to engulf me unless I keep on fleeing, keep on writing. Only mud for miles on them little white pills. Only effort, disinterest, and tedium.

Which drug?

Celexa mostly. Lexipro and Zoloft too tho

I've been on them so long that I don't even know.

Well, are you in or off them right now bruh?

Coming off them for a couple weeks now my dude

They made me start writing
Wellbutrin is the thinking man's antidepressive

How long you been on it? Any anger issues? Do you have ADHD? Does it help with concentration and willpower?

yeah, I can write now

I want to try antidepressants to stave off my anxiety and (likely) depression, but I can't fucking swallow pills. What even is that problem, why do I have it? Last time I tried to swallow [half] an aspirin it got stuck in my throat.

I thought your imagery was pretty solid man, and had a beautifully ethereal yet worn out, dusted up quality. Dem buttons don't get pressed that way when you're on them?

As to OP's question, I feel like I have to work harder at writing something worthwhile while on them, but being on them also enables me to be in a constant mindset and actively creating a routine for actually doing that work consistently instead of writing something I find beautiful at first in a bout of inspiration but then never touch it again due to self loathing and shitting in my own head. It's a tradeoff, for sure, but I find that the more I get used to it and work at it consciously the more it pays off being able to function in a sort of balanced way on most areas of life since that way everything moves forward, even if at a quieter pace.

>an affect
Effect is the the noun, affect is the verb

They made me a pedant

SSRIs amount to chemical lobotomy, mental neutering. I was forced into a prescription once, the lack of agency and conviction was immediate yet not infuriating as it should rightly be to any self possessed individual. I understood that on an intellectual level, I was being chemically forced into a toothless docility yet I could no longer feel the wrath behind my previously constant resentment and anxiety. It's no way for a human being to live. Neuro-chemical treatments are obscene, dehumanizing. I believe it is far better to not treat the severely depressive and anxious at all, instead educate on the causes of these so called chemical "imbalances". The strong will preservere or correct these circumstances, the weak will wither under them. Yet, most would rather to subject them to this ego-bomb and destroy them to rebuild a drone, sweeping the problem along with the sufferer under the rug.

worst thing ever, best thing is working out, being social, eating right, and being in love, but that's what works for me. Anti Depressants made me more depressed.

How can you do all these things if you're depressed? On a typical day with depression, I can't workout, don't want to see people, want to overeat to feel better, and I definitely have no chance with women. So then what?

No impact whatsoever.

If they're truly affecting your creative output, then you're probably over-prescribed, or misdiagnosing the issue.

Suck some cocks, it'll help

Is the politically correct version of adderal
I don't know if I have ahdwhatever, they gave it to me along with lamotrigine
I don't think they do wonders for concentration, ritalin is the masterrace is that

If I mix my 300mgXL of wellbutrin with 1mg of clonazepam and sativa I can write for hours

I know I should be able to do this without drugs, but these things just work together so perfectly that my mind is in ultimate free association mode, in a relaxed and focused at the same time way
I I wish I could add some lsd to that would be too dangerrr

Your writing style is garbage anyways
Get a trade

Thats your fault for getting that shit tier pills
Wellbutrin even helps having harder boners, man

I have been taking 40 mg Paroxetine for 6 weeks but for the time being no effects whatsoever.

Yes, I'm an even worse writer now.

Forgot to add that 450mg is the real patrician dose, but my pills are just 300mg
If you add a 150mg one you enter the patrician scene

Double the dose you dumbass

maybe yeah. problem is sex tho, you basically can't cum unless sasha grey is giving you a rimjob.

Wellbutrin fixes that
I will shill wellbutrin on here until you all stop being cucked by shit tier pills
You have to tell the shrink what YOU WANT to take
Tell him: my dick is dead. Wellbutrin helps with boners. Give me that

nah they won't do that, when I wanted to get a modafinil prescription they gave me shitty low dose ritalin pills, strattera, and a bunch of other stuff first even though I told the guy I wanted modafinil for attention problems

Do it anyway. Alleviate the symptoms by being social, eating brain healthy food, and do exercise and meditation.

To get past the desire to not do this, you have to prime yourself and your surroundings with memes that will induce the the state you want to eventually be in.

Once the primes are in place, your mind will be coaxed towards a state of ease and calm which you will be indifferent to or even criticise in the beginning. The key is allow yourself to detach in a meditative state that allows the memes to control your attitudes to a small degree. You will remain critical of any optimism for a long time, but if you keep priming yourself with these looping negative outlooks, you'll create a stress response that will lead to a reinforced attitude of depression.

Talk to someone about this kind of method, and at the very lest get yourself a prostitute every once and a while.

Life is meaningless, your depression is going to be a lifelong struggle, get over yourself, and fight it for as long as you can.

>you have to prime yourself and your surroundings with memes that will induce the the state you want to eventually be in
So what memes are these that will help? I recognize getting rid of negative influences but what will help me make the next steps?

what med you on?
shy qt i know switched meds too, asked me out, and has intense sex with me now.

anti depressents didnt change my writing at all, but weed helped me come up with some interesting story ideas.

I generally like memes with a lot of jpeg artifacts

what do you do when your mind feels like a desert, devoid of ideas?
it feels like I can barely write anymore
everything in life appears at face value and my imagination has been curb stomped into dust
should I just read voraciously, hoping the draught passes eventually?
are there any philosophies worth exploring that would get me through this mental lethargy?
would antidepressants be a self defeating? i've never taken them before, only read about how they're active placebos
is it worth trying them or should i just let time run its course?

I was on antidepressants for a year, and I don't really remember much of anything about that year.

I remember I felt kind of like a zombie, I wasn't depressed but...I also had like no feelings whatsoever.

I also couldn't do basically anything, including writing.

primes only work individually, so you'd have to figure out what memes to use by exploring what particular words, phrases, images, sounds and any other possible conceptual thing that is already priming you with an aversion, or indifference, or even a critical intellectual position against what personal motivations you have. That motivation includes inbuilt biological motivations to eat sleep fuck and seek a place of respect within a certain hierarchy; but it also includes personal motivations.

Depression is a tool, it is a biological reaction to some unfit environmental condition, and that reaction is telling you that you need to return to a equilibrium. To do this, the only means of getting to contentment and being productive is to begin with, "Know thyself." Know what primes to use against the onslaught of negative memes, treat the body with care and condition it to be receptive to your own type of primes, whether that means religious iconography, word cloud posters, kitchy self-help books, positive music - or possible if you're an ironic fucker, your primes might be giant posters that say, "You suck!" For some people self-help books actually create a stress response rather than making them feel at ease, so you really have to parse whether or not the memes that surround you are both making you feel at calm and then whether or not they lead to an attitude that motivates you towards your biological and personal goals.

Hope that helps explain why I think it's complicated.

I exercise and eat well every day but it doesn't really improve my mood at all. I try to be social but most of my friends are too busy/far away to meet up regularly and my other friends just want to get high or drunk all the time and that's not really good for me either. Love seems too far outside my reach at the moment. But I'm going to try to encourage myself more often and not get too bogged down with defeatist thoughts, wish me luck please

Same, it went away after a while though.

Went into autopilot and can't remember shit of what I was doing while I was on them. So it's either be sad or be mentally stimulated and therefore able to write. Sad.

This is me right now, except instead of defeatist thoughts, I just get detached and narcissistic to the point that I only get a sensation of being human from mildly sadistic jokes. I try to make them be as productive as possible though. Wish me luck.

I started on adderal recently. Far higher output, far more coherent plots, far more focused on the sentence level which makes the writing generally better.

That said, my work is less creative or experimental. I think it dampens my ability to see and think abstractly. When I look at my writing after an aderall binge, it seems predictable and not experimental in the least.

I also began taking adderal halfway through my novel. Part I is Faulkner-esque, while Part II reads like technical writing and is far more expository.

Anybody else w/ a similar stimulants experience?

GL user

You're pathetic

I feel so much better on a small dose it is not even funny. Sure it is harder to come, but at least I last in bed!

Then again I take it for OCD, not depression.

>clonazepam
That stuff is really bad for your brain, I would get off that as soon as you can.

Antidepressants are for fags, just improve your life and depression will go away.

How do I know if I am depressed? Must I visit a psychologist?

Shop around for an old (65+) psych. They will give you what you want so long as you appear knowledgeable

Do you want to suck cocks ? do you think equality is real ? then you must be depressed.

Not really, I'm sure there's quite a few surveys online made by depression-awareness groups that could start pointing it out to you a bit better, or you could just read the dsm-v/icd-10 and self diagnose.

It would be advisable though (or at least a GP to hook you up with meds) since a psychologist could help you differentiate between the types of depression that exist.

unironically this, also anti-d's are better than nothing, but you are much better off spending a year of your life in misery AND toil and do some self-improvement, lifting, construction work, basic hygiene and diet, etc. etc. does the job a little better imo

Ever since I started Lithium I have become the most shallow person imaginable with no libido whatsoever. I'm lucky when my symptoms break through and I get something done for a few weeks while also perhaps not sleeping enough and feeling weird in other ways.

But this is still better than manic psychosis, that's how fucking bad manic psychosis is for you and your life.

Do you have ADHD?

The only noticeable thing for me was that I felt more interested in interacting with other people. But nobody wants to spend time with me so It made me feel worse.