Has Veeky Forums ever been to medieval times dinner & tournament?

has Veeky Forums ever been to medieval times dinner & tournament?

No but my first thought is that they must be expensive and the food can't be that good.

on the other hand, the show must be pretty cool.

MOMMY MILKMAIDENS

yes the chicken was very dry

She's pretty flat for a fair maiden.

Yeah, I went once when I was probably 12. We were on the green team and our kingdom was all barbarians. Don't remember a whole lot about the food but I think it was pretty decent. The show was dope as fuck, though.

and my immersion is ruined with those FUCKING GLASSES
FUCK I WANT TO KILL HER
OR JOUST HER BUTTHOLE OR SOME SHIT

Parents took me there when I was little. Loved the turkey legs. It was pretty fun

just don't expect the food to be great, get drunk, enjoy pretending, act like you're 12.

You know, your every day life

DO

It is FUN!
Food was bretty good.
They had a friggin falcon flying around,very near the heads of audience.

The Modern Men, THOTs, and coloreds would ruin the immersion. No thanks.

No I'm not autistic.

What's the point?

>glasses

immersion ruined.

>The Modern Men, THOTs, and coloreds would ruin the immersion. No thanks.

lol

Do Americans really do this?

Let me cast my magic missile wite boi

That convinces me. I'm moving to Bavaria with the sole objective of snagging beer slinging milk maidens. Tired of the 56%ers over here.

$39 for dinner and a show its pretty fucking good too i can never finish my meal

You know germans actually value personal responsibility and hard work, unlike americans who use those terms as euphemisms for "gieb free monies bc im white and Im entitled to muh coal job"?

They're not going to just give you a free job because you're racist. You have to speak german first, among other things.

americans don't have a history so they have to steal other countries history

it sucks. its boring and the food is bland and the alcoholic drinks are overpriced.

was awesome when I was 12
probably still awesome at 26

found the darkie

Don’t tell that to Townshend

>don't tell the guy who shills german "american" homesteading products that their history is borrowed

just like that black bbq guy knows his wife James knows this

Yes, those white people are just ruining america

>euroanon said while the entire world actively accepts and spreads american culture
oh haha

This but for serious

>You know germans actually value personal responsibility and hard work
That's why Bismarck realized he needed to create a welfare state or why Merkel needs to import darkies?

You go there mostly for the novelty and entertainment, not really for the food even though the food is passably decent. It's more expensive than going to see a movie or grabing a few drinks at a bar with friends but less expensive than a ballgame or amusement park.

Back in my LoTR fanboy days I went to medieval/fantasy events. The food was very simple, but bretty good. The meat was pretty dry though.

I've been to Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede in Branson, MO which isn't medieval, but it has many of the same elements. It's a blend of Native American and cowboy/"Western"/southern culture. You get a whole chicken (bigger than a cornish hen but smaller than a rotisserie at Kroger), half of a roasted potato, cream of vegetable soup, apple turnover, and some other stuff that I can't recall at the moment. Food was decent for what it was, and the show was entertaining. It's a minor complaint, but some improv would have been nice. It felt over-rehearsed.

not on either side of this argument but, are you seriously saying you can judge a countrys morals based on the idiots who manage to get funded into office?

>wwnt to branson
>didn't see shoji

>"we got any indians out in the crowd tonight...? you know MY indian name would be walks bowlegged.... heh... heh how about you clem?"
"gosh I dunno boy is my face red"
"guess your indian name is clem then"
*white hayseeds applaud and eat cream soup*

>all that loose floppy fabric where the tits are supposed to be
made me kuk

>Otto Von Fucking Bismark
>Idiot
Retard detected

Yes, it's a bunch of LARPing autistics and shrieking, attention-seeking girls. The food and drinks are more than excellent, however.

Do you normally go somewhere and only do one thing?

Yeah, me neither.

I went when I was a kid. It was fun as fuck. They gave us like an entire chicken to pull apart and unlimited refills of coke. That and the "fighting" was all kid me required for a good time.

Grandparents took me and my sisters when we were young, I think I was 7/8. It was a lot of fun and the jousting was pretty damn cool. I remember enjoying the turkey leg, but other than that I don't remember the food.

>The food and drinks are more than excellent, however.
The absolute shit taste of this board always amazed me. I wasn't even that discerning when I was like 12/13 and knew it was slimy underseasoned overcooked turkey (because the LAST thing they need was someone to complain about slightly pink turkey) and bland food. Don't get me wrong, the show is entertaining and the atmosphere is fun but the food is fast food tier.

I haven't even been to one before, and I could tell just from common sense the food would be shit.

This perfectly captures my experience. Great birthday gift for a kid

What's the point of anything?

A general question was asked, a general answer was given. Based on your response, you went to a overhyped, commercialized event where exactly THAT is served (see Amsterdam light festival, or Elfia Fair). It's all about profit from there.

>but the food is fast food tier.

It's definitely a step up from "fast food tier" at least but still below even casual dining places like Chili's or Applebee's. People go there for the show and experience, not really for the food.

No I went to medieval nights and it was decent but the food is mediocre.
You're not wrong. And honestly people who are going to those don't really have many complaints about the food they're served. I'd like to go as an adult now though, do they serve authentic, if shitty, mead? And maybe I'll pick up a cheap replica sword.

I imagine its not accurate medieval food though, what with the sour meat gelatin piles and similar real life crap not being served

>All these fucking boring ass white people

I thought you were better than this Veeky Forums. Medieval Times sucks: the seats are too cramped together, food is shit, and the show is mediocre.

Buying a whole rotisserie chicken and watching the directors cut of Kingdom of Heaven is an infinitely better experience

I went to it as a kid (as a field trip) and I remember liking it

I have been to medieval times, food was pretty bland and the people were annoying as hell

Wait, that's a real thing and not just from the cable guy?

It's real.

t. lonely faggot whose parents never took them anywhere

you don't need to speak german...that's about the dumbest thing i've read on this board.

Never been but would attend if I could find a wench to accompany me.

isnt the show the same every time?

>They're not going to just give you a free job because you're racist. You have to speak german first, among other things.

But rapefugees get free moneys regardless, in most aspects things are better set up than in the US.

>ren fair
>go buy turkey leg
>cashier surf is a black teen
>experience ruined

No but I'd go in a fucking second

How are the turkey legs?

I had a bad experience with a smoked turkey leg I bought at a grocery store. Skin was so tough it was inedible. Total shoe leather.

Where I live it's $62.95 for an adult.

I've been there a bunch of times..
When I was young the camp I went to would go once a year. Then in grade school we went on a field trip there I think more than once and the last time I went was about 2 years because of a work related outing.

It's honestly pretty good. The show is entertaining and the food is good too. You get drinks, dragon soup which is a vegetable soup, bread & butter IIRC, and then roasted chicken that's pretty juicy and good and I think dessert but I'm not sure. They also have a bar and you can drink.

>medieval show
>no suckling pig
>turkey>medieval

t. "Person" of color who had no dad to take them

Just because your father skipped out when you were three doesn't mean you've got to shit on a family dining experience you smelly fucking coon.

Not him, but if my parents had tried to drag me to one of those places I probably would have gone nuclear on their ass.

>C'mon user... cheer for your knight!
>Ohh looo, user, a turkey leg I know how much you like turkey legs and coke!
>Thank the nice bespectacled wench, user

yeah it seems like if you're a stick in the mud you would not have a good time there as a man or as a child

I went to a medieval fair and ate a turkey leg (inaccurate, new world food I know) while watching an outdoor tournament

I don't understand why they don't sell bbq there

>go to Minnesota Renaissance Festival
>it's supposed to be a medieval village
>there's no bakery, only contemporary garbage food

Her fucking latex gloves made my dicc limp

Does that white bread not ruin your immersion? Back then, white flour was too expensive for commoners because it was made by manually sifting through linens. Whole wheat sourdough or gtfo.

there's no immersion is a dinner show

This is my kind of thread.

>not getting hard dicc from latex gloves
whats wrong with you

Where the fuck are these things?

Lived in Alabama all my life and I've never heard of it.

will they let you in if you show up in a cowboy costume instead?

>JOUST HER BUTTHOLE

Went once as part of a middle school trip, it was pretty dope. We called all of the opposing team members filthy milk drinkers for some reason.

the only one that had good food was Arabian Nights

>$39 for dinner and a show
>Where I live it's $62.95 for an adult.

Pssh $80.25 here.

yeah man the US would be a literal utopia without those pesky white people you're a real forward thinker i can tell

Well, fewer of them in any case. The world still needs ditch diggers and I don't mind if some of you are white. To be honest I don't see color - I refuse to reduce you people to stereotypes about low test scores, bad work ethic, or bad hygiene. Some of my best friends are white.

i went there when i was very young, and loved it. i'm not from the US and had never eaten a turkey, so I was amazingly impressed by huge "chicken drumstick" they served. also, my knight won the competition, wich was pretty great.

Yeah. I was really young so I can't give a good review of the food. But my knight won and that was cool.

you don't need to post twice, asshat

NEVER respond to my posts again

Bismark did whatever it took to keep himself in power lul.

All death is certain.

the jousting is rehearsed and the winner is decided in advance.

as cringe it may be, your local renaissance festival actually pays winning jousters more so there's genuine competition there.

Yes. It's a fun time. Food was fine. Not top notch but you're going for the experience.

Congrats on the win! I'm you're just butthurt because your knight was probably the shit one that does not even get to come back as a traitor and lose in the end.

DOWN DOWN DOWN
RED KNIGHT'S GOIN DOWN

why are you replying to yourself now

>parents working two jobs most of full time for 30k a year
Man America is doomed.