Is it just me or are people and scientists slowly accepting the low carb diet?

Is it just me or are people and scientists slowly accepting the low carb diet?

Is the diet confusion from the 90's/00's finally over?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wasn't the Atkins diet low carb? Also Americans are fatter than ever so I wouldn't say we've gone anywhere

No. You're just seeing a bunch of pseudo-intellectual retards with podcasts blow shit out their asshole very loudly

I'm pretty sure the only "diet" scientists would "accept" is the one where you stop eating so many calories.
All these other good food / bad food games are just distractions fat people use to avoid facing the real issue.

This.
And very, very much this.

Carbs are bad though

You don't even know what carbs are.

I'm effortlessly maintaining my sub-20 BMI with my high carb diet :-)

gr8 b8

It's not bait. I eat nutrient dense and satisfying whole plant foods :-)

I guess it's possible if you can keep your weight down but watch your testosterone and mental health

You mean the same way that anybody can on literally any diet with proper portion control?

You got tricked by memes

Ketosis is the natural state of the body

It’s not over, but slowly they are finding ways to maintain profit for the sugar industry but simultaneously make money for other industries. Still, old memes die hard.

Not everyone is on a low carb diet. Carbs are still pushed as the main food group and meat and especially fats are still demonized.

Sort of like Ansel Keys?

>Carbs are still pushed as the main food group
Amerifats are lucky; in Asia everywhere you go they're shoving either rice, noodles, or yams at you.

I think the U.S. finally is coming around to sanity, though. The science is overwhelming.

the "hi carb low fat" diet is a meme, it never existed

just more pseudoscience from nutrition pseuds and beef industry shills

And yet one country has huge obesity issues while the others don't. Interesting.

What?

You're deluding yourself if you think the usa is the only country with an obesity problem

Bodies are extremely completed systems. To assume that nothing matters but raw caloric input, independent of digestion time or macro makeup, is bluntly ridiculous.

'Low carb' is misguided though. Not all carbs hit your blood sugar like a truck. Things like legumes are still okay.

Who here taken the Paleo pill?

This is the truth

Anyone in this thread including
who doesn't know about ketosis, IF, high fat/low carb, modified Atkins, etc is stupid for even opening their mouths. Do the research and give it a shot yourself. You will be absolutely amazed at what your body can do that you thought it could not and how much better you can feel eating much less: it just has to be the right foods.

Being fat or not fat boils down to CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT.
But being healthy and running your body at max efficiency is another story and has everything to do with the TYPE of calories.
Running on mostly fat with moderate protein and low carbs, your body runs cleaner, fights infection better, burns body fat stores more readily, and the health of your organs (most notably brain and liver) improves.

HFLC also diet satiates hunger for longer with fewer calories, which makes it much easier to maintain your calories in/calories out ratio for people trying to lose weight.

I did keto for one month and lost 2 pants sizes in a few weeks, and even after I stopped doing keto I didn't go back to eating very much because it helped me change my diet composition, and I've lost ~65lbs since mid September without ever going to a gym. At the beginning of December I did a 5-day fast. Now I only like to eat in the mornings and I sleep better at night.

Keto/HFLC/mod Atkins master race.

>ketosis
Not everyone has epilepsy, user.

>Most of humanity strived on a diet that was wheat, corn, or rice, in any form, with some vegetables on the side
>W-we aren't supposed to eat carbs g-guys haha

just because amerilards drink 2 liters of soda a day doesn't mean all carbs are evil

I meant thrived
Fucking hell nocarbs piss me off

>people in olden days used to eat only bread and rice and shit cakes baked in the sun so it's totally okay
>my parents used to hit me and I turned out fine
>people used to work 14-hour days in dangerous factory conditions back in the good old days people today are just pussies
>just because a coke addict will take a bump every 20 minuites doesn't mean all cocaine is bad for you (they used to put it in cough syrup!)

It's called evolution, science, progression. We learn and grow. People ate rice, corn, and wheat as their main staple because grains grow plentifully and can be stored nearly indefinitely, unlike fresh produce and fresh meat which must either be preserved (expensive) or eaten immediately. Before canning, refrigeration, and modern-era farming, for the majority proletariat it was not financially feasible to eat much fresh food.

These days it is different and we know now that things like grains are actually not very good for a human. Like how most cats are lactose intolerant yet for years people fed them cream and milk because they liked it.

>Human race is 200,000 years old

>Earliest sign of wheat in diet are ~30k years ago

>the leavened sourdough made by our ancestors for all of time is the same as processed sugar cake that we call bread

>humans didn't build cool shit until they ate grains

Literally every diet is a meme. The only scientists who have ever fallen for any "diet" are paid shills, because anyone who's not an idiot knows that the interactions between dozens, if not hundreds of different chemicals is a complex issue that will be affected by their distribution, proportions, etc.

I know very little about ketosis diets, but isn't it dangerous to keep your body in that state for too long? Like every few days you eat a piece of toast to temporarily stop the process or something? I lost ~100lb with a pretty standard macro I got from Veeky Forums years ago. I don't remember the ratio, but it did include a decent amount of carbs and I exercised.

I gave up and became an alcoholic for the last 5 years and I'm as fat as I was before. Looking to try something new. The part about the very low carb diet being better for your liver got me interested. But the first thing (other than alcohol) they tell you to cut out when your liver sucks is fatty food

I think the only thing we can be certain of is that refined sugar is horrable.
The rest needs more time to be worked out.

What is wrong with refined sugar aside from "fat people blame it for making them eat too much?"

The US actually isn't that much more obese than European countries. We're sitting at 33%, UK and Canada at 28%.

Surprisingly a lot of Middle Eastern countries have obese rates higher than the US.

We need to purge people who can't cook though. I'm fucking tried of fatties and fat apologists saying "healthy food is too expensive that's why people eat processed food!"

I don't think it is dangerous but in order to stay in ketosis after you have no more body fat to lose you will have to eat a fuckin lot of fat and stuff to fuel your body. I think it's good to take breaks from keto but mostly so you can taste the foods you miss every so often. It takes 2-3 days to get into ketosis from when you stop eating carbs so breaking it every few days will not give you many benefits.

The difference between when a doctor tells you to cut out "fatty food" and a high fat keto diet is the type of fat and food. Your doctor means burgers, french fries, ice cream, pizza. In keto you need about 75% of your calories to come from fat sources and so you need to make sure they are healthy fat sources, like coconut oil or olive oil, avocado, butter or ghee, eggs, nuts, meat and fish, and heavy cream and cheese. You won't be able to eat fries and ice cream and shit like that because of the starch and sugar, so I think you must like to cook in order to succeed at keto. We ate a lot of creamed greens (spinach, kale, or chard cooked down with butter, cream, and cheese) and veggies with hollandaise alongside chicken thighs or pork chops.

The sugar addicts are lashing out at the mere thought of not eating a high carb diet.

I believe keto is the natural diet of humans and i use the example of breast milk.

We do not control the nutrition content of breast milk, it is formulated through millions of years of evolution, and whatever its content is best for baby development has a great indication for whats best for human nutrition in general.

Breast milk has very little carb content, about 7g of sugar per 100g milk. For cow whole milk and goat milk, its less than 5g of sugar per 100g milk. The majority of calories from milk are fats.

I even believe babies are most in keto state because they run on fats.

babies and adults have very different nutritional needs

The people didn't thrive. Early farmers had to work longer and harder, they died earlier and were a lot smaller and shorter than their hunter-gatherer ancestors

Farming however did allow humans to form civilisations and kill off the unorganized hunter-gatherers

Atkins was a little too ahead of its time, if that makes sense.

Portion control is part of every diet ever.

And? Ketosis improves cognitive function in general. It's like giving your brain high octane fuel.
It literally allows your brain to get more energy from the same amount of oxygen.

We started eating Wonder Bread then split the atom to nuke some nips then went to the Moon to flip off commies.

Checkmate

The earliest human populations started agriculture was less than 30.000 years ago. Most more recently than that.
That really not that much time for our digestive tracts to have changed significantly.

asians still live longer than amerifats and yuropoors, despite most of them being poorer. and they eat white rice three times a day.

low carb diet is only good if you've already allowed yourself to become a fatass

What? The top in life expectancy is almost exclusively European. Japan is not "Asia"

>all Asians eat white rice three times a day

no it isn't. japan, hong kong and korea are very long healthy life. china has many people who live to 150. also asians are best no problems in average until 75. america and europe has problems started at 65.

which asians don't? USA thinks rice causes diabetes. not the burgers and fry they eat.

>atkins was a little too ahead of its time
i hope you're joking
real keto diets are backed by real science
atkins is unironically a fad diet for the purpose of making money exclusively, founded on completely false science loosely correlated to ketosis benefits

South Korea and China is below plenty of European countries. It's really only Hong Kong and Japan. So you're only right about 2 out of 52 Asian countries and they're only leading with very little

korea is higher than japan. explain why high crabs diet is bad? even smoking is everywhere in asia and long work.

>korea is higher than japan
No it's not. South Korea is #11 below 9 European countries.

In fact, if you look at a map of life expectancy and meat consumption they look almost the same.

Also, in a global and historical context the Japanese eat a shitload of meat today

According to the CIA 2016 list, Japan is 2nd after Monaco, Singapore is 3rd, Macau is 4th, Hong Kong is 7th, South Korea is 12th. So 5 rice eating countries in the top 12.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

Koreans also drink like Finns and everything they eat has 500 grams of salt.

Pretty sure whole food plant based diet is recommended now. Not necessary vegan but meat and dairy should be limited

It keeps looking more and more like refined sugar consumption is correlated with obesity, diabetes, heart disease, certain types of cancers, inflammation, possibly dementia/Alzheimer's. Personally, I think it's going to be regarded as a consumable substance similar to alcohol and tobacco sometime in the distant future. A little bit won't kill ya, but a lot might.

high carb no fat diet is the best by a mile. everyone hates this diet because high carb food is cheep as fuk. and restaurant food and expensive food is usually high in fat.

I do a whole foods plant based diet, combined with intermittent fasting and periods of longer fasting to achieve intermittent ketosis. Ketosis has its own benefits, but it is better to achieve it from fasting than from red meat and saturated fat.

>high carb no fat diet is the best by a mile
based on what?

High carb no fat would actually be the easiest thing to stick to for me. I crave carbs more than any other food. I also make all my own food and never eat out.