UNI THREAD

Time to read, school starting soon

Other urls found in this thread:

theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/education/article_dcec135e-761a-11e7-9894-a3644958c1e7.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know if i mentioned this folks but HIGH IQ only folks, sub-120-not...welcome post em if you got em

greek?

oh hey, another Johnnie. one week left bois

Daily reminder please put your school name/acronym in your post/image tag.

International Relations and History

sw?

Nope, not greek

Graduated '15
Cultural Studies & Comparative Lit

Btw, what are you studying?

environmental sci,
you?

USBU with minor in Math and Econ

???

congrats man, guaranteed to make it

must be the autistic asian jf or some silly east coast fool

We will see, this is my first semester. Any advice?

what do you intend to do with a degree like that international espionage?

not sure if you mean socially or academically, but don't stress too much either way, make sure you maintain good gpa from day one bc you want a good year 2 summer internship so you can get a good year 3 summer internship, maybe you've alread read all this on wsoasis, but if you haven't involved yourself in that world at all, check out wsplayboys for some decent starting readings for someone unfamiliar

socially, it should be pretty easy, very active campus just stick around, talk to people etc.

if by sem 2 you are still pretty unhappy look into greek life

Arizona State
BA in English

I really don't know why I'm in college, and I certainly don't have any plans on getting a career after college with an english degree. But I'm halfway done now and I feel like it's better to just get a bachelor's degree instead of having nothing.

join the army, that's a good way to put a good gpa in a bad major to use

I don't even have a good gpa. I don't know. I've been thinking about just getting some IT certs and trying to get an alright job in that industry.

are these advertisements for st. johns? what's the matter enrollment down? trolling Veeky Forums for applicants not the greatest strategy, maybe try reducing the ripoff costs

did u get a job?

>Daily reminder please put your school name/acronym in your post/image tag.

why? to make your data mining easier? kys

2 things:

1, don't go to st johns faggot we dont want MORE people
2, avg. discount rate is bla bla , i pay like 3k a year after about 6k in scholarships ya dummy sorry that you couldn't find yourself the minimum wage job to pay for school

>advertisements for st. john's
Either that or; quite possibly, a school that is exclusively focused on the western canon would appeal to a board that revolves around the western canon.

Also fuck off we don't want you.

holy shit they have three of those in nyc alone, what is st. johns like the mcdonalds of catholic higher education? this is definitely an ad, fuck off

It's a college in Annapolis (or Sante Fe if you're a shitter)
You're thinking of a completely different school, that's st. john's university. This is st. john's college.

thank god schools starting soon. Veeky Forums wont be filled with as many pretentious pseuds during the day.

> too dumb to go to grad school

My biggest regret (late 20s) is missing out on the academic validation that an Ivy League education could have given me.

Two master's degree in finance graduate with a research paper here.

Once my student debt is repaid, I'm leaving this shitty industry and go learn a trade that brings meaning to my life.

yeah american education is basically a caste system where if you get in a top 5 you are set for life no matter how much dumb shit you do, and then the next 20 below that mean you can live in a gentrified neighborhood with white people, and anything below that will just be in a third world tier slightly above basic labor

Define yourself with your accomplishments and not what school you went to.

Do the girls at St. John's like to get their pussies stuffed with Chad Midshipmen cock?

>tfw your school is the exact population shit like The Martian and RPO was made for

>Define yourself with your accomplishments and not what school you went to.

but your accomplishments derive from what school you went to

Duke
PhD program (one of the biomedical sciences but that's all I'll say because I'm a paranoid man.)

no, they are too ugly to be entirely honest, town whores are better looking AND have much better personality, letting women read the western canon was a MISTAKE

i know exactly who you are

How r Annapolis town whores?

>tfw no ugly qt who is more well read than me

Not him, but bretty qt. Even better if you're willing to go over to D.C.

School is also great for connections in that regard, if you're not a recluse, it's a prime place to meet useful people.

sarah-palin tier

For the small-minded, maybe. Some of the best people in the world largely forged their own path.

name some from the last 100 years

Foreign service.

For the people who come to this thread and want to know if anyone else goes to their uni, so they can easily control-f find.

??? How was my post pretentious at all?

Women in DC are awful. I imagine Annapolis is the same. They probably won't talk to you unless you own a sailboat, and won't suck your dick unless you take them on your 120 foot yacht.

>a third world tier slightly above basic labor
sounds nice desu

Steve Martin

i always figured he was a jewish guy who studied drama at yale or something, props due

Nah, I'm listening to his memoirs and he basically embodied the stereotypical white All-American upbringing in the 50s and 60s
Gary Oldman got rejected from RADA, Tom Hanks didn't go to some Ivy League, but I think anyone would agree Tom Hanks is a better actor than say Phil LaMarr, who went to Yale and has in all due respect a nice career for himself. I know these are all actors, but that's just my main goal. If you want to pursue the arts, I think most people, even those who went to really prestigious schools, will tell you that persistence is the best thing to have.

Not if you have you know... a personality.

Could see how Annapolis could be beneficial in that regards. SF is cool and has some cool people but not really any 'useful'

Going into first year in a few weeks.

We no. 1 party school bitch
>theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/education/article_dcec135e-761a-11e7-9894-a3644958c1e7.html
>psych major
where muh waves at?

lol

We were the og party school. everything else is just a mere imitation now.

pls no bully

Tell me about the worst professor you've ever had.

HELP I'M HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS

Should I study history or philosophy? I'm down for history, but I'd prefer philosophy, but I'm told history is more respected, but I'd guess they're actually both totally disrespected...and also I'm not going to Oxbridge (although it's russell group).
Really nigger? You've got practically the whole Soviet Union and China. Just look at shit-peasant Stalin the uni drop-out.

Finally officially made it to Oxford today

I'll choose history then.

>a 'party' school filled with sensitive west coast pricks
yea sure granddad i'll bet you smoked plenty of marijjuana ciggarettes and read your poetry to all kinds of girls!

reporting in

Hope to report back once I get into the books.

btfo

Double major silly

Cornell University, studying pure math

intending law school, have I failed?

Chico is in NorCal not the coast.

Interesting undergrad major for an aspiring lawyer. Did you always want to go to law school or?

Yes. Get a Math PHD and do something useful with your life.

Any longhorns on here?

Just a quick reminder that the weekly meetup takes place in Lamont Library, floor D, Wednesday's at 9:20 pm. The class of 2021 is not invited during shopping week, unfortunately.

>his school has >30% acceptance rate
heh

Philosophy and Religious Studies.

>TFW didn't go to college because I was an edgy faggot who didn't want to "pay $100,000 to listen to a bunch of career academics lecture me on the "proper" interpretations on books I could read myself"
>In my mid 20's and flip eggs for a living
>Don't have the money for college anymore unless I wanted to move back in with parents in the barrio
>Will inevitably become automated
You will never know the horror

You mean joint honours? I'm already doing that with Chinese.

Suck it up and move in with your parents. Literally nothing wrong with this. You took the blue pill and decided to live on your own as a wageslave, sort yourself out.

Master race reporting in. Symbolic Systems major at Stanford. Anyone else /superiorintelligence/?

Hey there. don't personally go to Stanford and though I was initially a little put off by what appears to be your pseud-like nature, I took a step back and thought about how to proceed. So instead, I'll just wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors. I'm actually very interested in what you might be able to share with us regarding your field! Perhaps you can post a syllabus so as be a productive member of this board and properly engage with fellow users.

fucking faglord holy shit

You can't stop me

I'm chuckling at this

God damn, that's all? Haha you'd think someone on a literature board would be more creative than that. Go think about your shortcomings. You probably struggle socially and that's why you feel compelled to be so abrasive when you browse a nigerian jelqing forum, for no other reason than you can. Time to reflect, user. What would your mother think, that poor bitch.

>stanford
>intelligence

Starting in October

Sicc. I'm going to Bennington.

go to bed elijah

Yeah buddy. Starting freshman year in a couple of days :)

nice, lad. have a good semester!

Classics starting in October. Oh boy.

University of Leeds here,
Studying Law boyos

Cha gheill senpai!

What are you studying? I'm going into second year philosophy.

I was environmental sci at Drake U for a semester, whereupon I dropped before finals, and got some sort of academic pardon on the basis of depression. 3 years later I am in my second year of an x ray technologist program.

I will live life unfulfilled. I have no aspirations.
Any fixes for this?

>uva
almost went there. how is it, user? what are you studying?

same

what subject

Gender Studies

oh cool, I study English too