Canadian cuisine

Does it exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/12/19/world/canada/quebec-poutine.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_bacon
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what the fuck is this empty butter tart shit?

Yes

Dunno. Actual butter tarts are stereotypically Canadian though

It's a lot of simple vegetables and fatty meat because in the ol times, they needed a lot of energy to clear forests.

The narcissism of small differences here is very Canadian.

nytimes.com/2017/12/19/world/canada/quebec-poutine.html

>Calling Poutine ‘Canadian’ Gives Some in Quebec Indigestion

>MONTREAL — The friends from Quebec went to London’s Brick Lane food market, searching for a taste of home. But as they devoured their poutine — that gloppy, trouser-bursting dish of French fries, cheddar cheese curds and gravy — something felt horribly wrong.
>The dish tasted just right — so authentic that the cheese curds emitted a faint “squeak, squeak” when bitten into — the telltale sign of a proper poutine.
>But the jovial chef serving them had an Ontario accent. Even more disconcerting: He was wearing the hat of the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey team, the archrivals of the Montreal Canadiens...

[[[cheddar cheese curds]]]
Lying New York Times.

This is true. A lot of heavy laborers from all over the globe had a tendency to lean towards large, fatty, and salty food. It's not just about calories, cooked vegetables spoil too. Salt and fat-packed meat buys you a little more time. And your body needs a ton of protein, calories, and sodium if you spend all day in the sun. Vegetables include raw whatever the fuck you can find or pickle.

I love putain!

Also, people didn't really have a lot of time to cook complex stuff when you have to work most of the day and you have to feed 15 kids.

Yeah, it's maple syrup plus that thing where they call ham "bacon."

I'm still not clear on what Americans call "Canadian bacon". AFAIK it's an Americanized version of peameal bacon, but without the pea meal? (which I think it actually itself a misnomer since it's really corn meal).

Fake news

This is Canadian "bacon":
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_bacon
i.e. it's really ham, not bacon.

take dregs from British, French and Germanic cuisines, add caribou and whale ass-scrapings, cover liberally in maple syrup and you have Canadian cuisine

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_bacon
I've only ever seen that lunchmeat-looking smoked cut in the US. Looks like something you'd get in one of those 'Hickory Farms' meat and cheese variety packs they love in the US.

Canadian "back bacon" is pic related.

poutine is OK but it consists of really basic ingredients you can find almost anywhere. There are better thngs you can put on french fries.

Montreal smoked meat is good. Peameal bacon is OK.

That doesn't change the point that you're calling ham "bacon." All you've done is posted a picture of the same exact thing but with cornmeal stuck on the outside.

Not at all the same. It's brine cured and needs to be cooked, whereas what Americans call "Canadian bacon" is apparently smoked and ready-to-eat with all the fat trimmed.

Proper "cheese curds" aren't available everywhere.

OK, so it's "cooked" instead of smoked.
Again, I don't think that matters at all to the point which is that you're calling ham bacon.
They offer smoked versions of ham and cooked versions of ham in US supermarkets too. I don't really notice much of a difference between them, certainly not anywhere near as much as the blatant difference between ham and actual bacon which you've been inexplicably ignoring for three posts now.

the difference is minor. poutine with "proper cheese curds" is still nothing to brag about

No, that's not >Canadian "Bacon", it's "Canadian Bacon". Canadians have the same bacon as you dumb fuck americans, that would be like me having a picture of those single slices of processed cheese that are called AMERICAN CHEESE and be like HURR DURR THIS IS WHAT AMERICANS CALL CHEESE DURR

>Anyways, why are americans dumb as fuck?

ba·con - noun
>cured meat from the sides and belly of a pig, having distinct strips of fat and typically served in thin slices.

ham - noun
>meat from the upper part of a pig's leg salted and dried or smoked.

>Canadians have the same bacon as you dumb fuck americans
So let me get this straight. You're saying this (posted by a Canadian as a specific example of what exactly they consider "bacon"):
Is interchangeable with pic related?
Fuck off, you're not even trying to be honest here.

not that user but I lived in Toronto for two years. Nobody there calls ham simply "bacon." They call it "back bacon," "peameal bacon" or most commonly, just "peameal."

Literally nobody just says the word "bacon" without any other descriptors, unless they mean real actual bacon, the same bacon you eat.

In Canada if you just say "bacon" the assumption is 'streaky bacon' (as the Brits call it), but that doesn't mean there aren't other bacons.

It's not "ham" in any way, shape or form you fucking mongaloids. "Ham" is from a pigs leg. Pic related it ham. Pig meat in general is called "pork".

fuck you it's basically ham

>doesn't taste like coffee

the pinnacle of canadian cuisine right here

you need some helluva good dip for those bad boys

poutine is fucking delicious and you're just mad you only get that monstrosity known as chili cheese fries

>Elected this guy
This is why you don't get a say in anything in North America.

>literally elected because his dad was cool and he's hot
>doing a comically better job than the US president
actually hilarious and i voted for trump