Sup Veeky Forums

sup Veeky Forums.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to either lose weight, save money, or both in 2018. I've meal prepped in the past and kinda fell off the wagon this year but I want to get back into it. I also want to eat as cheaply as possible since I'm trying to buy a house this year.

I'd kill if there was something out there that just told me what to buy at the store and tell me what to cook/prep at home, and in turn I'd have 3 square homecooked meals each day that are healthy/low calorie and cheap. I'd lose weight, save money, and not have to worry or think about food. I don't care if it's bland, as long as I can just stick to it and not have to put too much time/effort into it.

Is there anything like that out there? A shopping list that tells you what to buy and eat for 365 days?

Other urls found in this thread:

thecentsiblelife.com/365-day-meal-plan/
budgetbytes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think you must be on the weong board for asking this stuff, half this board is obsesed with fast food

I don't know if I can fit 365 bags of dino tendies in my freezer, but I appreciate your help

I tried to find something like that then gave up. Just gonna manually plan the first month then start repeating weeks until I have a good plan.

To all you people struggling with losing weight and prepping food, just jump on a one meal a day diet. You can eat whatever you want and lose weight easily.

I pretty much do that, as I wake up way too early to have any sort of breakfast, and don't get home until late.

The problem is that I drink a fuckload of beer to deal with this Huxleyan society we live in. My job demands extreme labor out of me, but I offset it by binging on alcohol every chance I get. What do? I don't want to give it up because it's the only thing keeping me going, but I also want to lose weight.

you just gotta plan it out, user
i usually cook 6 or 7 big meals on sunday. refrigerate one serving of each, freeze the rest. that's what i eat for the week. i have enough stuff frozen that i can go 2 or 3 weeks without eating the same thing twice
breakfast is usually yogurt with granola or oats sweetened with honey. you can get a giant canister of instant oats from aldi for less than $2. that usually lasts me 2 weeks or so.
just giving up fast food, i've lost 20lbs since august

Nice. People like you give me hope.

If I didn't find any good resources or reading material from this thread then I was simply going to start building weekly shopping lists and meal plans and cataloguing them so I can revisit them.

Idk of anything like that, sorry.
I'm more into meal planning than mass meal prep.
I spend one evening a week planning out my meals for the next week, and creating a shopping list, which is how I stick to a budget and healthy eating.
I can't eat the same things repetively like that, I'd go insane.

I feel like I'd go insane too, but the major problem with my diet is that I am a delivery driver that spends 10 hours a day and 6 days a week on the road, so fast food is all I have. I have a bad habit of telling myself I'm just going to starve myself until I get home, then I'm out on the road and I crack under the pressure and drop 10 bucks on some disgusting food just so I can get something in my stomach.

>drink beer
>lose weight
Pick on. Unless you want to go to the gym and do 2-3 hours of cardio a day, which doesn't sound like it's in your agenda seeing how you don't have much free time.

I can totally understand that. In that case, I suggest you do what said, which is what I would do if I didn't have time to cook every day. Good on you for trying to make a plan, it really will help your budget and your health. I've figured I've saved on average between $200-$300 a month by meal planning.

fuck you fatties get a real problem

Someone's drunk and bitter today.

get back to your containment thread, drunky

There are lots of books that will support this idea

Only idiots who treat beer as if it doesn't have calories can't drink while losing weight.

thecentsiblelife.com/365-day-meal-plan/

There are lots of good guides online on stocking your pantry/fridge so that you always have the basics on hand to make meals.

What's your favorite?

budgetbytes does weekly meal prep with the major goal being to eat cheaply

budgetbytes.com/

>only idiots who drink enough beer to not lose weight will not lose weight

Wow holy shit user thanks for the wealth of insight.

move up to hard liquor so you consume less calories

budgetbytes.com/
It is surprisingly helpful, ignore the clickbait appearance. Helps you eat cheaper and breaks each ingredient down by cost.

I mean this with as little offense as possible but are you a bit slow? Do you not know what foods you like? Just make those.
I bought some three sectioned ones and just make a typical dinner in larger portions. This week was ham, mashed potatoes, and stuffing because Christmas. Last week was pork chops, beans, and broccoli. Meal prepping isn't some arcade science, just make a bunch of the meals you like.

just learn the basics of cooking and make meals that fit your macros while changing up what type of proteins/veggies/carbs you're getting.

if you don't care if it's bland just buy rice, veggies and chicken and a food scale and eat that all the time, which is what i do. as long as you eat to a caloric deficit with your meals and don't cheat you will lose weight.

who the fuck uses it with an app? just go online like a normal person.

>Is there anything like that out there? A shopping list that tells you what to buy and eat for 365 days?
common sense

Eat This Much is great for this, OP.

I want all the work done for me. Fuck off if you're not going to help.

>i want to lose weight and save money
eat less

>Do you not know what foods you like
most of us asking this question like garbage food. we're trying to learn what better foods can keep long enough to be lunch by friday when made on Sunday. We grew up in households that didn't teach us shit about good food and we're trying to peek into other's food bowls to see how the other half lives. Why do you hate self improvement?

Make stews and keep portioned containers/bags in the freezer for the fridays. That way you don't need to worry about expiration dates and get to eat something else at least one day of the week.

Other than that, look for a protein that is cheap or you feel like trying to cook for that week and look around for how people tend to cook that meat and what is recommended as side dishes.

>eat lunch alone
>coworkers call me introverted/asocial/anti-social/weird
>say what I want to eat
>"oh that's boring, lets eat something else"
>end up being forced to spend an hour outside for lunch instead of eating at my desk
>end up spending double of what I could spend and feeling less satisfied
>coworkers proceed to get $3 drinks after that

I don't get as much enjoyment out of eating food. When lunch comes, I'm hungry so (mostly) anything is tasty. Spending $6 on a meal when I can spend $3 doesn't make me doubly happy, but saving that $3 makes me more happy than eating a $6 meal.

Why are people so bad with money?

>Why are people so bad with money?
People have been asking this question for thousands of years user. I wish I knew the answer.

mate, you're not gonna lose weight unless you cut back on drinking. and you're not gonna cut back on drinking unless you stop making excuses (blaming our "Huxleyan society" or claiming it's the only way you can survive).

Instead of binging on beer, drink hard liquor neat. You'll eventually enjoy the taste alot better, it's actually cheaper than beer if you don't go for high end stuff, and you'll find it difficult to suck down too many calories.

Look into changing jobs to something you hate less

Is there a good way to solve this situation? Or make it suck less?

Some way of being social with co-workers without spending too much?

Move to liquor or get another job

Bring your own food but some restaurants won't allow you to bring it in.

Instead of spending $6 a meal, I spend $3 and don't buy drinks, that $6 more they spend a day.
~22 working days a month
22*6 = $132 a month
132*12 = $1584 a year
That's $92,392.08 by the time you retire!

user, what you want is a grocery subscription service. they deliver you a box of ingredients for a week of planned meals along with instructions on how to prepare them.

do you have a meal plan or chart of what you make in a week or month? my ptoblem is unablle to plan

seconded, budget bytes is pretty helpful. the site not the app, you braindead idiot.

I was being melodramatic, the truth is that I drink for free because I work for a brewery so it's become pretty common to have a couple heavy beers and pass out after a hard day of slinging kegs. I can give it up, it'd just be hard seeing as my job is labor-intensive while I'm simultaneously surrounded by free booze.

I never meant to imply I hate my job. In fact, the physical labor is actually a redeeming quality of the job, seeing as I wouldn't be getting exercise otherwise.

>hey guys check out these funny app revi-
>BUDGETBYTES HAS GOOD RECIPES WHO THE FUCK USES THE APP JUST GO ON THE WEBSITE YOU BRAINDEAD IDIOT

Dont go for a main course, just have a starter. Good food but smaller portion.

this

naw. i just keep track of what's in my freezer and make something different. right now i'm making chili. also making a chicken and dirty rice dish that i found on pinterest. the whole thing cooks in a dutch oven. look good, so i thought i'd try it.

Meal prep is easy and you don't need a guide. Buy quinoa or rice and sweet potatoes, chicken, salmon and beef, and vegetables (Broc and spinach, onions, peppers) and a big thing of Tupperware containers. Cook a LOT of it. Or all of it. Don't worry about nailing the portions, just cook it all. Then divide it all up into the containers. Just eyeball it. You'll get better with practice. Don't worry about getting organic or grass fed or whatever if you can't afford it, it's better to get things mostly right than not right at all.

Or, as another user suggested, you could do IF and just eat one or two big ass meals a day. It actually works pretty well.

Breakfast: Oats with milk or water, add a banana if you are feeling frisky
Lunch: rice with chicken, add vegetables
Dinner: rice with chicken. add vegetables

>extreme labor job
>trouble losing weight
wtf

That's what I'm trying. Vodka tonics instead of a 4 pack of tall boys every night

i are interested in meal prep

read

>I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to either lose weight, save money, or both in 2018. I've meal prepped in the past and kinda fell off the wagon this year but I want to get back into it. I also want to eat as cheaply as possible since I'm trying to buy a house this year.

You're doing too much and already set yourself up for failure. Either lose weight or save up for a house. You're not gonna be able to do both at the same time. You could do one then the other, however.

The fuck kind of advice is that?

>eating healthy = eating cheaply
>eating healthy = losing weight
>eating cheaply = saving money
>A+B=C+D

It might be too much for you, but not for me. Speak for yourself.

>i'm so competent and successful I need to ask for advice on Veeky Forums

I'm not asking for advice on how to be confident or successful. I'm asking for a fucking meal prep outline or shopping list.

Quit being dense as fuck.

I'd kill myself if I had this for any lengthy period of time

switch from beeer to spirits

most people are plebs m8, u kno this??

diet is way more influential to weight loss than exercise

not op but thanks
sauce for image?

>maple AND brown sugar

lel, thanks for the diabetes, faggot.

Go on the torrent sites, start download soup books, after trying a few you'll start seeing which ones are good or not. By having a few carrots, celery, onions, spuds, homemade or shop bought stock and some herbs constantly in stock then you can make millions of different soups or stews

>take this 100 calorie shot instead of drinking a 100 calorie beer.