What's your meme score, lads? I just hit 51, myself

What's your meme score, lads? I just hit 51, myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

autisticmercury.com/2014/05/04/no-25/
reddit.com/r/books/comments/4yufkg/one_of_the_most_powerful_descriptions_of_suicide/
reddit.com/r/books/comments/5pteil/just_finished_siddhartha_by_herman_hesse_blew_my/
reddit.com/r/books/comments/64yksa/15_things_kurt_vonnegut_said_better_than_anyone/
reddit.com/r/books/comments/b0n3h/what_book_changed_the_way_you_see_the_world/
reddit.com/r/books/comments/5ol79a/murakami_never_ceases_to_impress_me/
reddit.com/r/books/comments/2bhxh0/discussion_the_stranger_camus/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokklubben_World_Library
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>unironically 92
I have no friends

I'm a racist

Which are the 8 you have not read? Do you intend to read them or are they uninteresting to you?

>he actually believes anything is worth reading except Finnegans Wake

ABSOLUTELY MEMETIC

brothers karamazov
one hundred years of solitude
dubliners
metamorphosis
notes from underground
crying of lot 49
the idiot
lotr
catcher in the rye
heart of darkness
american psycho
brave new world
slaughterhouse five
kafka on the shore
gatsby
alice in wonderland

literally 100/100

AMA

Do you also eat memes at lunch and dinner?

Best/worst

I eat avocado toast meta-ironically at least once meal-ly.

Did you read them specifically because of Veeky Forums or did it just occur organically?

Were there any you had to force yourself to read?

My score is 4 and I'm 21 years old...

Same here bro, but it's just because I mostly don't like fiction. I've read a shiton of poetry instead

b 1,2,5,9,30,31,46,49,68,79,91

w 3,24,35,40,6267,,77,87

most organically. arno DFW and JR were slogs

How many pages did you skip, user?

Same here. I've read other stuff.

I've completed 10, started 11 others that I eventually dropped.

Literally 0 pages. And I am not a quick reader. Just dedicated, and have a lot of time on my hands.

I'll be reading The Recognitions next

Are the blue marks for books you have queued up?

yeah that's right, there are some on crossed ones because I used the same image from months ago.

28 and this list could use an overhaul if you're going to have translations included. Oh never mind. It's a voting system. How very Reddit of (you).

there are plenty of actual lists

>this list could use an overhaul if you're going to have translations included
Are you saying that individual translations should be listed separately? Kind of a waste of space in my opinion and most people have not read enough translations of a singe work to make any kind of comparative statement about their values. It's just much simpler this way. I didn't make the list, though.

>It's a voting system. How very Reddit
Wow, voting, what a Reddit concept! Yeah, man, it was all those bluepilled cucks on (((Reddit))) that made up the concept of voting. Hey buddy, hold my Pynchon action figure and suspiciously sticky copy of Stirner while I defend the only bastion of good literature on the internet. For real though, these lists have always been made by voting and it's really the only way to do it on a board like this. The alternative is one dude (or one dude pretending to be multiple dudes) hand down their personal list of favorites and that's somehow supposed to represent the whole board. Voting isn't perfect but there aren't any better alternatives in this situation. I didn't make the list anyways, though.

>(you).
You didn't even >>reference another post. A keyboard warrior to be feared.

Yeah, you mean the helpful ones. I like those more than this one that's up all the time. There's something obnoxious about this list, something too loud and proud. Something that makes me feel I know who the cool kids are, and even if I don't like them, I should probably just try harder and not tell anyone. Has anyone ever done a thread about what the top 100 list means about the little people? What do you people think this list says about you other than the obvious?

I'm only fucking with you. But the voting system could go through a more rigorous process and the list itself could be categorised into smaller lists. The fucking waste land gets included with barely any other poetry? Come on. And no one voted on Plato's other works? Or any other philosophers books? This list is kind of a cool snap shot, but you meme it so often that it does a disservice to people trying to get lit.

I find it hard to complain about because the list is going to be similar every time it's polled. If you look at the vote archive there's a wide variety of works that people like, which is why it's the same handful of things that get voted to the top just cause they're the ones everyone has in common. Doesn't mean the works are better or more valued, it's just a measure of what's more commonly read and liked. A popularity contest, yeah.

Y-you've read Bottom's Dream?

It's just a book user. Go page by page.

11 and working on kjv and ij. i read quite a lot of national authors that are never mentioned in this board

The list has a solid selection of classics ; but most of the titles were written in English.

>John Kennedy Toole killed himself thinking he was a failure
>never had the opportunity to see he would rank 59th on Veeky Forumss memelist

I beat the one hand meme

67. I'm just over 2/3 meme, I guess.

55/100

>No Joyce or Nabokov
Do you have something against great *puckers lips* PROSE

37/100 and I've got about 10-15 on that list that I have but haven't gotten to yet.

I think the idea of a canon, or top 100 list (developed by Veeky Forums or otherwise) is potentially counter productive. Even Harold Bloom hates his own list of books he was essentially forced to stick in the back of his book. You should read primarily what interests you and go down that rabbit hole and see where it takes you instead of checking off some random list. You might be surprised where a trail a books will lead you. Reading, and picking what to read should be an organic process with a mix of heavy and light reads, fiction and non-fiction, etc.
autisticmercury.com/2014/05/04/no-25/

I follow the Veeky Forums top 100 because I have no interests but I agree with you desu

>Jerusalem
Was this put ironically or not? Neither will surprise me.

Only 25, bit embarrassing

This list is more memey than OP.

>5
>all of which were from my high school education

tis surprisingly decent

I've only read 8 books on that list.
Feels good man.

9 :(

Only 21 fully read and completed start to finish. About twice that I started and dropped, usually from schedule issues but also boredom. Nice list. Gonna try harder from here on out.

Does No Longer Human bring about crippling depression desu?

Favourite book of the bible?

No. There's no check mark next to it, therefore I didn't read it.

Huh? I read Dubliners and Pale Fire. I'm also reading Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man right now. I know your comment was mostly in jest, though.

hm only 24, I expected it to be more. also, can we agree that this is the best list yet? and do you guys also agree tht we should make posting the fake ass 2017 version a bannable offence?

It's pretty sad but I don't think it will crush your hopes or anything. It's more about how one guy's specific defects alienate him from humanity than how the reader should approach life.

It's much more like an Eliot Rodgers ("Everyone else has it better than me!") than a Schopenhauer. Depending on how you read that it actually might make you feel BETTER about your life. "Wow, I have a hard time getting dates but at least my life is not THAT messed up."

Instead of knowledge, I pursuit pleasure, women and sex.

>57
Perhaps it is an idea to do a separate poll for philosophy. It is strange that Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics is not on a list that includes Tolkien, Alan Moore and Dune.

>tfw it's been a year and i'm still on the Greeks
send help

I have often thought this myself. Since there are only 2(.5 including Thus Spoke Zarathustra and Notes from Underground) we might as well kick those off and make the whole thing consistently fiction. Then we can give the philosophy more chance to stand on its own in a separate poll.

I'm not a racist.

>Murakami
>Vonnegut
>Camus
>Sartre
>DFW
>Moore
>Hesse

flog yourselves with donkey dildos

I do not read books because some faggots on a board told me to.

>he thinks /r/books even has the mental capacity to read and understand such authors

if you dont like the 100 list just say so. no need to be this much of a faggot about it.

what is the difference betwenn women and sex?

reddit.com/r/books/comments/4yufkg/one_of_the_most_powerful_descriptions_of_suicide/
reddit.com/r/books/comments/5pteil/just_finished_siddhartha_by_herman_hesse_blew_my/
reddit.com/r/books/comments/64yksa/15_things_kurt_vonnegut_said_better_than_anyone/
reddit.com/r/books/comments/b0n3h/what_book_changed_the_way_you_see_the_world/
reddit.com/r/books/comments/5ol79a/murakami_never_ceases_to_impress_me/
reddit.com/r/books/comments/2bhxh0/discussion_the_stranger_camus/

and so on, and so on, you have to go back

you're pathetic

I don't know, seems like you're more familiar with /r/books than I am. Perhaps you should go back yourself?

Haven't read the post modernist crap on it.

>I haven't read it but I know it's crap
You're a smart cookie, aren't ya?

>buttmad samefag damage control this hard

I've read post modernist philosophy and I could not give even a rat's ass about it applied to litterature.

I said go back to /r/books. Go back there! Go!

>buttmad samefag tries to get an upper hand with his epin photoshop skills

15, I've read far more philosophy than literature.

Are there similar charts but for movies or videogames?

24, although this is the first time I've ever seen this list.

>not the Joe Sachs translation of nicomachean ethics
Useless

Any books which might bring about crippling depression? I want some sadness in my life right now.

i've only got the films one

A penis.

this is the stupidist chart i've ever seen

45, stoner really shouldn't be in there
Anyway, get a load of this list: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokklubben_World_Library

I've finished nineteen of these and started at least five others. My favourite novel on the list: The Magic Mountain.

Perhaps a top 50 is better for philosophy, a top 100 is going to include a lot of vague shit.

Fair enough.

Wow, this is a garbage fire. I wouldn't expect anything else from /tv/, though.

>Wow, several users on Reddit like a book? That means it's pleb trash!
By this metric every book ever is pleb trash. For any given book you can bet at least a few redditors read and liked it.

I mean, I don't think that's a great idea but here are my picks:

>Blood Meridian
A feeling of utter desolation and hopelessness (on a cosmic scale).

> Silence
Your mileage may vary depending on your faith, but as a christian this messed me up.

getting to really fucking hate irony

read Faust next I'm begging you

ok

Why the fuck is As I Lay Dying even on this list? Hands down the worst book I ever read, even worse than Great Gatsby(Gatsby is bad because it's written terribly, at least it has a point).

Is this a joke? As I Lay Dying might be the best book I've ever read

Looking forward to your senior year? any colleges you know you want to apply to?

15/100
I feel kind of guilty desu, I've been reading registry for 3 years. But I read plenty of lesser known local works and also read comics and poetry...

Veeky Forums is 18+, you know.

Regularly*

ulysses, mrs. dalloway, and faust are the best

Only ones I actually >enjoyed were Calvino's.
There aren't many I would pick to read out of that list, too scared to waste my attention on a meme book because I have to finish it.

Off of the old one, 57/100

By rhe way, why not use the better 2017 list?

i am a product of american public education

for some reason this is better than the pulitzer

21 is my score laddies