Holy fuck this book is aweful...

Holy fuck this book is aweful. Its just Perfect McChosen one running about being great at everything and being given an insane amount of wealth and power. Why did i let normies meme me into reading this bullshit

the term is 'mary sue'

It's for 10 year olds, bro.

Just wait till you get to the elf slavery

>total shit is good enough for children

nice meme

You have to be 18 to use Veeky Forums.

If you consciously chose to read Harry Potter as an adult, you're an embarrassment.

I think Rifftrax said it best during one of the comments over a quidditch game

>Does anyone know what we're supposed to do?
>I dunno just fly around and wait for Harry's team to win

then give me a reason 30 year olds make political comparisons between trump and voldemort

Because they have the mentality of ten year olds.

10 year old literature used to uplift children to a higher level of mental maturity rather than repress their maturation

saying "it's for ten year olds brah" is not adequate defense

Harry Potter is a good seven book series. Mostly due to the plot writing skills of Arthur Levine and a few other ghost writers, what began as a simple captivating Mary Sue was allowed to expand into a saga over 7 books that, in fact, has an incredibly tenacious multithreaded plot arch that surpasses almost all other literature in the past 100 years.

The Harry Potter books should be seen as a capitalist tapestry. Taking three things together: the past, I.e., the ability to write an incredibly complex plot, the present at the time, which was the carefree and exploratativeness of the topic (the only part actually created by Rowling), and the future, the monetization of this ability to write a plot in dozens of billions worldwide. The combination of the three yields a work of art that supersedes the medium of trying to create art: in their rush to create capital, the writers (of which less and less was actually JKR, if you know anything about the series) accidentally applied an incredibly high amount of literary talent to the work. Of course, this is important, because only capital, the driving force of the time period, could have evinced such a stunning display of the fundamental aspects of storytelling being simultaneously echoed in mock refutation by postmodern writers that believed they could turn away from such writing, such as DFW and Pynchon.

Struggling in all forms to claim some sort of meaning and real value in an increasingly technologically ahuman world, the only genuine display of humanity through language we will be able to find from the postmodern time period will be the one most read: Harry Potter.

Centuries from now, or even yet sooner, Harry Potter will be seen as an extremely important literary work, despite its surface shortcomings as a book-by-book literary piece. The writing is nothing to obsess over, but still, if anything, illustrates how much easier it is to frame the leitmotif of a culture in its most ubiquitous written works in an increasingly postmodern society obsessed with historicity.

what do you expect? it's targeted towards children who feel left out and mistreated. It's literally a power fantasy you dolt.

It frankly doesn't surprise me that a board largely frequented by Muggles simply fail to appreciate the value of the Magical universe and the story of Harry Potter and his time spent at Hogwarts. I am currently on my summer holidays, but when I return to Hogwarts in September I'm sure my fellow Hufflepuffs and I will spend many a night revealing how utterly dim-witted the Muggles in our lives have been these past several weeks when we were away from school.

he's totally not perfect and is an extremely rude and angsty character as the series progresses, especially when addressing the whole "chosen one" role he's put into. he's also not great at everything, just flying a broom and having some innate ability to resist Voldemort that people question constantly.

it is written for 11 year olds, but the books progress nicely and expose major faults and questionably moral decisions from every character as they get older. but ultimately, it's just a fun adventure, so if you're not in to the whole magic teenager school plot, there's nothing that special about the series.

One through three were alright, 4 isn't as good, then they turned to shit

(You)

>30 year olds make political comparisons between trump and voldemort
Thank you for pointing out one the many faults of democracy. The mob is comprised of lunatics and fools.

I don't think that really applies anymore.

It's a comic book.

Read it according to the chart

Fuck off, witch.

You need to be over 18 to use for chan.

hi everyone it's me the guy who demands that all political discourse come in the form of harry potter analogies

It is awful, but Harry isn't "great at everything" and he's Mr. Perfect. He's not actually very good at spells (the most advanced spell he uses in the book is Sectum Sempra, which Snape made, and Snape himself isn't a genius) and he's prone to tantrums and being nasty when under pressure.

He's based on the unlikely hero archetype like Luke Skywalker or any of the thousand other examples.
Orphan, heir to a mystical power/legacy, mentored by a wise old man who dies, etc etc.
I dunno why you find this surprising.

I'll agree with others that he's hardly Mr. Perfect, though. In many ways, he's an average teenage boy...full of curiosity, angst, pride, and anger.

It's shit, but not for the reasons you described.

it's literally a children's book and not an especially literary and noteworthy one
it's just a random one that happened to get popular

The true protagonist of this series was Neville Longbottom. He is the only character who goes through an arc.

>mfw love reading harry potter and harry potter shipping fan fic but also love reading the poetry of ezra pound, wb yeats, hart crane, etc and the prose of james joyce, samuel beckett, etc
Just loosen up anons.
Like what you l like.
You don't have to pretend that you don't like something simply because it's uncool to like it.

Because they're retarded. Do you really wanna associate yourself with these people? Why are you reading this book as a grown man?

>tfw read wallace stevens yesterday and now reading goblet of fire today

It's only millennials who still care about this book series, mostly because of it's popularity during formative years.