Al/ck/ general

Making and breaking NYE resolutions edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zL3UHF5SlEU
youtube.com/watch?v=CrTlI6seM0A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Friendly reminder, now is a great time to get rid of all the excess bottles you have laying around due to christmas and new years.

Everyone knows already bruh. Why bother trying to hide it.
Is that your stash? I drink lindeman’s chardonnay if I’m trying to get grils drunk, not bad stuff

>tfw 15 minutes until 2018
Christmas and New Years for 2019? Plenty of time then.

Day 6 sober.

My longest amount of sobriety in 7 years.

Still shaking and pouring sweat. Anxious as fuck, Not giving up though. In the last 9 years I've lost too much to alcohol (money, long time gf, family, freedom, and one car). I'm committed to changing my life forever.

Wish you all the best.

It's 2018 here where I live. All the best to fellow Al/ck/s who decide to change their lives this year, peace.

Thanks dude. My new year’s resolution is to (try to) spend at least one year clean. Unless some major trauma reks my shit I think I can do it. Day 4 sober

>a year clean
>day 4

Wew lad

Well, it’s not far off a month since I was last drunk, and the new year gives me a psychological boost. If I’m ever going to do it it’ll be now. I think I’ll cope

Good luck man. I’ve been sober for two months after hitting the bottle pretty hard off and on for about three years. I can honestly say I haven’t had any urge to drink... until today. Something about ringing in the new year. I was invited to a party, but something tells me I’ll be staying in drinking alone.

Starting my journey again now user.
I did 3 months earlier this year and it felt fucking great! Depression and anxiety lifted.
I've been off work since xmas and been just drinking the days and nights away. Feel like utter shit. Pulling my head in this year.
Good luck to you, good luck to all of you

Hang in there dude. I’ve never been in as deep as you, but you’ll feel so much better when the anxiety goes away and the first night of actual sober sleeping is magical. You can do it.

The amount of money I’ve blown on booze over the years...makes me want to drink.

Whiskey, you’re the devil.

Good luck user hope you make it

Stick it out, see a doc if you must.
Look forward to solid sleep and enjoying normal things again.
The cravings are bullshit, they go away

I'm just trying to commit to Dry January and not worry about making a year. Although I wish I spent this week not drinking every night because I will def have anxiety come tomorrow and next week. We're gonna make it.

People want to go out and party but all I want to do is go to sleep, because I’m coming down off a bender. Feels bad, but NY is just another day so fuck it

Yeah fuck partying tonight. Way too headachey and tired. I will go put at midnight though and try to barge in on a kiss from some qt. it’s impossible to not pull on NYE.

One of the worst feelings in the world is waking up and realizing you are going to have a really bad hangover all day.

I missed you guys.

Doing same right now, already puked

Now had a beer at 10 AM and feel much better, we’ll see how the day goes

Only 50 more minutes.

been dry about 10 days now
have a bit of rye in the freezer but not enough to get drunk and i have a job interview tomorrow (new years day srsly?)
should get back into going to the gym, probably been over a month since i've been

>he still gets hangovers

Better waking up to a hangover than to withdrawal

How’s ur sleep? Stay clean dude, pour that shit down the sink. Or keep it if that makes you feel more in control, sometimes I feel better sober just knowing there is booze available but I am choosing not to drink

I'm 29, have been drinking for 11 years and I still get hangovers.

sleep is pretty good, didn't sleep the first couple nights. managed a couple hours the 23rd then slept for a fair amount christmas eve but got woken up to open presents. after that it was good. feels like a waste to dump it out and yeah it makes me feel like im more in control, if i didn't have any i'd feel like i'd have to get some and if i go get some im gonna drink it and then life will go back to shit. i already can't remember most of december so i'm off it for now. we'll see how long it lasts, hopefully i get this stupid ass dishwashing job or some other better one i applied to phones me back.

Drink more water. 60% of Americans are clinically dehydrated, no I'm not exaggerating. Adding alcohol exacerbates the consequences.

I bought a jar of moonshine off a dude at a party last night. My liver says no, but I wanna get into the rotten stuff at the first opportunity.

I literally, and I mean literally, always have a full water bottle of ice water with me.

You guys have the right idea, my problem is i'll start drinking and then just forget to keep hydrating myself. My body will actually wake me up in the middle of the night and scream "drink some water you stupid fuck" so I end up chugging a few glasses one way or the other.

Waking to realise there’s no water is sheer suffering

Just go to the dollar store and grab a cheap water bottle. I always have mine filled and ice in the freezer. Fuck I would kill for a fridge that dispenses ice.

Every time I watch or read the news it depresses me and makes me want to drink. Sobriety will be a rough go in 2018.

>Fuck I would kill for a fridge that dispenses ice.
My family had one, top of the line. The fucker needs to be defrosted all the time, ice can get jammed in rather frequently, and even with a little drain tray it will often kick ice past the mark and on the floor. You're better off with a cheap ice-tray or three in your freezer.

Drink from the tap.

My brother has one. It doesn't seem to have those issues. I don't think they've ever needed to defrost it.

I only have one ice cube tray though. I will say that fridge always ran out of ice because his pregnant wife constantly craved ice.

I have no booze and the store opens in 3 minutes. Should I get some?

It's easy, stop reading news.

Time for a celebratory drink lad

Stop trying to convince recovering alcohol's to relapse.

I can't find my other sock.

>I only have one ice cube tray though.
Save-up your quarters and buy a pack of 4 at the dollar tree or something. Ice-cube trays are super-inexpensive. Hell even the silicones and novelty shapes are 3-5 USD at Walmart.

Make me al/ck fag

You sound irritated, perhaps a beer or whiskey and a drunk drive to mcdonalds would change that?

Why is alcohol not recognized as an illegal drug yet?

I'm already heading to get more booze, you don't have to convince me, buddy.

I wish it was. I hate it so much.

>owns TWO socks
Oh laaa dee fucking dah, look who it is, god has stopped by. No need to show off to the group you pretentious snob. I just let a film of dead flesh and disease crust around my feet then spray them black like any normal person. Gb2 heaven you elitist tosser.

Because it’s dangerous enough already.

I had to put on mis-matching socks.

Good make sure you speed and blow stop signs and don't wear a seatbelt, bud.

I don't have a car. I walk.

Then piss in public

Did somebody get an DUI?? ;)

>tfw fridge is stocked up for a lonely NYE
Feels good not rushing to the store before it closes early

Anyone else going hard one last night and starting up/going back to AA tomorrow? I can't keep this lifestyle up

AA is for fags

As is being a piece of shit alcoholic

>having such poor genes that you get addicted to booze

Wouldn't want to be you, kiddo

No I just never got my full license.

I wonder what al/ck/ looks like.

like this
youtube.com/watch?v=zL3UHF5SlEU
or just this...an old classic
youtube.com/watch?v=CrTlI6seM0A

That second one always hits home. Poor guy.

the Ryan documentary is what made me stop drinking, fucccck that

Because illegal moonshine is even worse than legal alcohol.
Banning alcohol does not suppress it from a society, it's been tried already and failed hard.

It makes me so sad and sick just because I can relate. He looks so happy when he drinks too. It hurts.

So... I sat down today to do a "year in review" for myself. Basically made no progress this year except getting fatter and a year older.

So I sat down and worked out a budget and I'm shocked but I think I can save 6 months living expenses next year. I have to sell a bunch of crap I don't use, do some extra work over spring and keep to a budget.

I've been living paycheck to paycheck, having 6 months living expenses gives me so many options, I won't be scared to change jobs, I could go travel in South East Asia for a year on that money, who knows.

I've even budgeted in 8 litres of vodka a month since I'm being realistic. I've been drinking a bit more than that for the last few months but I think I can go back to my old system of not drinking Sundays/Mondays/Tuesdays. It's tolerable because I go to bed early and know I can drink to my heart's content the rest of the week.

Anyone else trying to improve their life?

any of you alcohol maniacs ever had the gout? my big toe hurts like hell today, idk if it's from an ingrown tone nail or if i bonked it while i was drunky or if im ate up with the gout.

Why not allow other drugs then?

And then when he goes to detox it kills him... It was a medical blunder apparently?

They apparently didn't give him any medication. It was their fault.

probably hit it while loaded, i do it all the fucking time
got a giant gouge on my foot months ago and its still kinda there, think it ended up giving me my staph infection that i think nearly killed me
>pic related, ultrasound of my testicle

Because alcohol lobbyists pay governments huge sums of money to keep them illegal.

Why do westerners call bribes "lobbying"?

>even al/ck/ isn't safe from political talk

there's no place left

Well it is alcohol related. At least it’s not some kid screaming JEWNIGGERS at the top of his lungs in response to everything.

true

Jewish niggers

You can thank president Ulysses S. Grant frequenting the Willard Hotel in D.C. to drink brandy for that.

They gave him benzodiazepines (for WD and DT) and opiates (for some related pain), he stopped breathing.
It's also a sign of the opiate epidemic : doctors giving opiates like it's candies because Big Pharma (who pretty much are a drug cartel at this point) told them to.

Bribes are illegal, common citizens can't influence the government. Large corporation can because it's called another name.

really makes you think

>want to stop drinking as new year resolution
>pressure all night to drink from others
>drive home sober from the party
>can't sleep

Some people just can't understand you don't want a drink even if you have a perfectly good excuse like driving back across the city. Or why do you need an excuse anyway?

1.75l boi over here, I’ve been off for a while because I broke the fuck out of both my computer and phone because I’m a retard.
>be me
>fuck up my taper because I’m staying with friends and I’m a jolly holiday moron
>all of my friends are skeptical of my condition
>why are you so shaky, user?
>I’ve explained this a hundred fucking times and I think they’re finally starting to believe me
>they’re dumb and of the “lmao just don’t drink anymore” spectrum
>I fucked up and went on a benzo bender a few weeks ago, it was a blackout week and I was a nuisance to everyone
>now everybody just chuckles when I ask where to find any
>keep telling people to go READ about WDs and PAWS
>can’t/won’t go to a doctor because I’m young and I really don’t want this on my medical record and be branded as an addict
Fuck this

Puked again

I have been fighting the urge to puke for days.
What is weird is I am gagging at the thought of alcohol and the smell is making me sick but after I get down 2-3 shots my nausea is cured.
Man hair of the dog is beautiful.

Best not to fight the urge, stick ur fingers down your throat or chug nasty booze and just hurl, you’ll feel better afterward

So now you have a benzo-addiction and alcoholism?

Been up since 4am had some drinks my taper is working. Might need one more beer for after my sleep soon. Figure wake up about11pm smoke some weed have 2 drinks whilebdabbing and vidya game or movie and sleep more.

Is this from Forget Me Not? That's what image search brings up.

No. I rarely touch the stuff, and hadn’t had any in years. It’s too dissociative for me. I was just already on a bender and was presented with the opportunity and ran with it.
But now I just need a crutch because I’m genuinely trying to stop, and the PAWS anxiety/lack of sleep drives me mad.

You know how you act like a fool and do shit you’d never do sober? It was one of those. I just fucked up bad and ruined one of my only opportunities to get sober. Does anyone have a link to that beer taper?

I did not have sex once in 2017

new year new you

ill help
you in London?

Texas

Anyway I don’t want a dick in my anus or anywhere near me really

no-one said anything about a dick ;)

Pic with time stamp or be forever and ever a queer amen

This must be troll.
I know that it’s a long shot but if there’s a foxy british al/ck/ on this board I will buy a fucking plane ticket. Post tits, tooth gap, and timestamp.

Guise this is important pls post beer taper. I hate beer so it’ll probably work. Plus a normie friend got me a few expensive milk stouts for crimbus so I’ll be able to kick it off with something semi decent. I don’t have the bankroll to enjoy sours right now so it’s shit tier pleb beer from then on out.
>pleb beer
I’m being redundant