For american pancakes, are they thick enough or should I make 'em thicker?

For american pancakes, are they thick enough or should I make 'em thicker?

>are they thick enough
>posts picture from the top

what are you doing?

You need to throw them out and make proper pancakes. Americans are just insane. Good pancakes are thin, preferably unleavened.

good pancakes are thick and fluffy

Make it T H I C C user

Is this better?

>fluffy
How do you make'em fluffy?

How much are we talking here?

Never had 'murican ones, so I wanted to try them.

dunno what you did to get that result but go back to the drawing board

to get fluffy pancakes you need baking powder. some people use buttermilk and baking SODA and also baking powder to get even more leavening. leavenings are what make the pancake spongy and thick and fluffy. if you're not going to use buttermilk, don't bother with the baking soda, it only reacts to acidic ingredients.

I'd eat those desu. Really thick ones like IHOP's always end up too dry.

Gonna keep that in mind when I'll be making them again, thanks for the tip.

Now those are fucking thick, gonna try to make 'em like that then next time I do them.

Still too thin

Our pancakes are usually a little bigger.
But I like mine exactly how you made it with slightly burnt edges

those pancakes are really overcooked

i think it's made w/ a rice cooker.

they look over cooked, but how do they taste to you? Should be thick like pic related. Let the batter sit for 10 to 15 minutes before you use it.

It should be slightly smaller than that

and don't over mix the batter

>Flour, sugar, eggs and milk

And yet, after several tries I have never managed to make it as thick as they appear in those photos.

What the fuck am I doing wrong?

baking powder

and add a little vanilla extract to the mix. It won't do anything to make them fluffy, but it's a common thing to add to american pancakes. Cinnamon is also common

do not lewd the pancakes

They taste fine, but that's because I don't like to use anything other than cinnamon with 'em.

I like 'em that way.

I used the same ingredients, so you shouldn't have a problem making them like I did. You might have put too much of it on the pan, I only put one scoop.

Those look really fucking good.

THICC
H
I
C
C

add baking powder (2 tsp), baking soda (1 tsp) and apple cider vinegar (2 tsp)
you can also separate the yolks from the whites and whip the whites until fluffy, then incorporate into the rest of the batter at the end by gently folding

should be max fluffy, see how it goes

Depends on the person. When I make pancakes, I make them really thin and slighty crispy ans golden on the edges.

Only make thick pancakes when you add blueberries. :)

>blueberry pancakes
Mah nigga.

yeah, too thin. Go for about double that thickness

make pancakes how you want them. They can be thick OR thin. It's personal preference

You can make pancakes like this by whipping the egg whites before adding them to the rest of the batter. Makes them super light and fluffy but also thicc af

pancakes are not for sexual!

I really want to try this, not because I have liked american pancakes before but because I really want to try and make the fluffiest and thickest pancakes I can.

Maybe next week when I'm back home in my own kitchen.

Do it! Be sure the egg whites are stiff peaks and fold them into the batter as gently as possible. It's my go-to for pancakes, sooooo good.

these look terrific. i prefer thinner. nice job

Thanks for helping lads and ladets, all the best to you all in 2018!

Well that's wrong.

How did you add in the egg whites? How stiff were the peaks?

It's not about the eggs it never has been and it's crazy your putting so much enthusiasm into adding the eggs and how stiff the peaks are, basically if you don't know the key by now you never will. Enjoy you sub-par pancakes.

Right. Folding in egg whites that have been beaten to stiff peaks is useless: got it. Thanks, user. Best advice ever.

What is an american pancake?

It varies by who you ask and where you ask.

Usually it's a mix of flour, milk or buttermilk, eggs, butter, and a leavening agent; creating a light and fluffy soft-bread-like item usually sweetened and eaten around breakfast. There are several variants in width and size with different names, but "pan"cakes is sort of the generic term even when not made in a pan. Most restaurants use a large thick griddle or flat-top opposed to pans, making them thinner but keeping the name.

American's can't even agree on what goes on a fucking hot dog, much less on a recipe.

Glad to be of help mate.